GaryRay

reserve pillow handle sayings

councilmam24, yes they're both black. My post however is in jest. It was drawn in about 30 seconds using mspaint just for the fun of it.

My handles are fine for me, the rig is snug and it's right hand, then left hand... seriously... I got that one;) I've yet to actually see the handles before my hands were grasping them.

Anyway, the best reason to have different colors would be for others to pull for you should the need arise. Well, what color do you choose? Red is a known cutaway handle color. What if it's not red... then what?

If your reserve handle is not silver... then what?

So if you use a pillow type handle for both handles, I'm not really sure why it would matter the color except for another persons benefit.

I've heard many times people say they want a different handle so they don't confuse the 2. HMMMmmmm ... someone isn't practicing their emergency procedures on a regular basis.

So on that note, choose wisely :)

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Wearing a white jumpsuit? Wouldn't want the black ones on top of my black jumpsuits.;) Of course unless your in stealth mode.B|

Had to convince a customer not to have a red cutaway pillow on a red jumpsuit. I have watched experienced jumpers whose rig shifted have to look and pull on the harness to get to a handle.

But, or course its up to the user for very experienced jumpers. Lots of lower number jumpers need some advice, like never having considered jumpsuit color.

And I'd still rather have a metal handle.:P Of course I haven't pulled one in the air since 1987.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Wearing a white jumpsuit? Wouldn't want the black ones on top of my black jumpsuits.;) Of course unless your in stealth mode.B|

Nah it's black. No stealth mode here though. While I don't buy that color makes a lot if any difference, my set up isn't what I recommend.

If the D type handles would have been more secure years ago then I wouldn't have switched. FYI, the "soft" or "pillow" handle is really a metal pipe so it's quite easy to feel.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Ctrl-Alt-Del

LordRatner on these forums has that...

And it was my idea. He showed me when the rig came in and said, "who is the bigger dork, the one who thought of it, or the one who liked it."

I personally would have "mommie!" written on it. As in, what you yelled when you were a kid and the crap hit the fan.:P

As a rigger, I would also consider "my fault, try again."

I can't remember where I saw this, but a few years ago I saw a guy who had 'Dude' on cutaway and 'Sweet' on his reserve. That was right after 'Dude, Where's my Car' came out and I thought it was funny as hell.

I noticed a girl at Skydive Dallas last weekend with 'Hebrew 11:1' (not sure if that's the correct passage) on her cutaway. I asked her what it was and she said the passage is about faith. I thought that was pretty cool.
I got nuthin

I've heard many times people say they want a different handle so they don't confuse the 2. HMMMmmmm ... someone isn't practicing their emergency procedures on a regular basis.

Thats why we should be training students on duel soft handles from the get go.

"Look blue, grab blue, look blue, pull blue, pull blue":D
BASE 1384

A friend of mine have "Plan B" written on the cut away handle :P

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

A couple my friends have on theirs and the ones I recently bought for mine:

Goodbye - Hello
Oh Shit - Please Work
:( - :)
FUCK - ME
Hate Packer - Love Rigger
Love THY - RIGGER
Devil embroidered - Angel embroidered
$1500.00 - $50.00
BEER - BOTTLE
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Thats why we should be training students on duel soft handles from the get go.

"Look blue, grab blue, look blue, pull blue, pull blue":D

I have dual purples... I will sometimes tease people in the boarding area that they are both purple and I don't know what to do!

"purple, purple.... purple, purple.... awwwww fawk, how do you do this again?"
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Ctrl-Alt-Del

Working where I do, I've pretty much seen all the different phrases you can have on your handles, but the one that comes to mind (very nerdy) is 'ctrl X' on the cutaway handle and 'ctrl V' on the reserve handle.

Mark Klingelhoefer