skyjumpenfool

How to wecome a new Pilot???

B|
Post your stories…

It was the first load (Cessna 182) for a new pilot (Phil) at the dz. He was an old friend of the owner who helped him get his hours in. Also, he rode a BMW motorcycle so we knew him from riding. On the load were myself, Tracy V., one student, and an observer. After a nice takeoff, we had an uneventful climb to alt. We put out the student, then, I climbed out onto the step.

As I was waiting for Tracy to join me, I saw him say something to the pilot. He then reached up, turned off the key, pulled it out, and quickly dove out with the key in his hand. Astonished and dumbfounded, I just followed him off the step. If you would have seen the expression on Phil’s face, you’d know why I didn’t stick around long.

So, Phil starts his procedures for a dead stick landing on a short grass strip. At about 2,000 feet the observer, who (unknown to Phil) was also a seasoned pilot, handed Phil the spare key to the plane and asked, “would this be of any help”?

I was completely unaware of the plan to mess with a new pilot. Later, I tried convincing Phil of this, but he never believed me. He would spend many years paying me back for this incident. I always had to be very careful going “far hang” or trying to nap in the plane.

Of course, as they landed, there was a large group of skydivers along the runway, mooning the new pilot to welcome him into the community. Phil was always a great sport and flew many loads to altitude. Good Pilots are not a “dime a dozen”!
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

you must have a great pilot... im not quite so sure that i would do that to some new pilot

that is, unless the owner (his friend) put us up to it and knew he could handle it
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I was told you can never go wrong with boobies.;)

i was told that if a girl were to flash the pilot prior to takeoff... free altitude...

:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

i was told that if a girl were to flash the pilot prior to takeoff... free altitude...

Before takeoff or after takeoff, it don't matter.

When I'm flying jumpers I always abide by "tits for 'tude".

:)

well... if the person flashing is on the ground and not going up in the bird... im ASSUMING that the pilot would actually like a closer view, as im sure the view of a girl flashing him at a grand would be kinda hard to see

well... if the person flashing is on the ground and not going up in the bird... im ASSUMING that the pilot would actually like a closer view, as im sure the view of a girl flashing him at a grand would be kinda hard to see

Let me explain how this works my good man. It happens in the cockpit, up close and personal.

:o

Let me explain how this works my good man. It happens in the cockpit, up close and personal.

:o

good point!

Hi fool,
Hmmmmm, Safe skydiving is no accident. This trick is not new. I forget who pulled it on Jim Wilkins at Old Elsinore in one of the Howard DGA-15P aircraft. Jim reached in his pocket, took out "HIS" spare key, did an in air restart and flew to Rancho airport down the road, landed, went to the greasy spoon on the airport, had breakfast, then flew back to Elsinore just in time to call off the search party assembled to go search for the crashed airplane that some jumper took the key out of the ignition as a prank and was now about to get arested by the sheriff for negliant manslaughter!! Got that? Go ask Jim. BTW Don't fuck with the pilot ask Jim what he did to some merry pranksters that messed with him!! Good storys for at least a case of beer!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

B|
Post your stories…

It was the first load (Cessna 182) for a new pilot (Phil) at the dz. He was an old friend of the owner who helped him get his hours in. Also, he rode a BMW motorcycle so we knew him from riding. On the load were myself, Tracy V., one student, and an observer. After a nice takeoff, we had an uneventful climb to alt. We put out the student, then, I climbed out onto the step.

As I was waiting for Tracy to join me, I saw him say something to the pilot. He then reached up, turned off the key, pulled it out, and quickly dove out with the key in his hand. Astonished and dumbfounded, I just followed him off the step. If you would have seen the expression on Phil’s face, you’d know why I didn’t stick around long.

So, Phil starts his procedures for a dead stick landing on a short grass strip. At about 2,000 feet the observer, who (unknown to Phil) was also a seasoned pilot, handed Phil the spare key to the plane and asked, “would this be of any help”?

I was completely unaware of the plan to mess with a new pilot. Later, I tried convincing Phil of this, but he never believed me. He would spend many years paying me back for this incident. I always had to be very careful going “far hang” or trying to nap in the plane.

That is funny to you?

If you tried that one with me I would be spending the night in jail after I got through with you. You also wouldn't be a passenger in my plane for the rest of the season.

There is no guarantee that engine will restart.

I would hope that other jump pilots don't put up with this BS.