freefall5000

Age?

As long as you're in good health, I'd say you have a good 30 years of skydiving ahead of you. Call your local dz, time's a wastin'! ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I started at 51, now I'm 56. If I follow Andrea's logic, I only have 6 good years left!!

Check back in 15 years, Skymama!! Lots of jumpers over 70 out thereB|

Doc

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Yes, 33 is too old, gravity has far more effect on you the older you get so you will fall way too fast and your instructors will not be able to keep up.

Maybe you should play lawn bowls or bingo instead,... just to be safe.

D

;)

Get busy living or get busy dying!

Not even close to "too old."

According to the 2007 USPA membership survey, most active jumpers are about your age or older. The report is based on member self reporting, and lists our ages as follows:

16-29 19%
30-39 28%
40-49 25%
50-59 17%
60+ 7%
Not Reported 4%

For more interesting stats about skydivers, check out: http://uspa.org/Portals/0/MembershipSurveys/memsurvey07.pdf
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Been skydiving 4 times 8 years ago and loved it. The job I had at the time messed me up for money and time. I am now 33. Does anyone think that is to old to get out there and get my A license and get jumping ?

Hell no you're not too old... I'm 31 and just got my AFF cert this month. I'm working on my A license as we speak.
Life doesn't need reasons, just participants.

D.S.#21

I made my first jump at 52. Competed at US Nationals 4 times since then, and was on sequential, POPS and SOS world records. And Elltee is even older than me.:o

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.