danornan

Weights rental

I don't know if it is practical, but it sure would be nice if drop zones would rent weights. As an example, I'm flying to Chicago this weekend for the 100-way and would gladly pay to rent weights instead of having to carry 20 pounds of lead through the airports and contend with TSA.

Anyone in Chicago want to rent 20 pounds of lead for the weekend? I've got the belt....
Dano

I don't know if it is practical, but it sure would be nice if drop zones would rent weights.

And if anyone at a DZ might be thinking about how practical this idea might be, consider that individual small (sets of) weights could do double-duty. While not being used for skydiving, a bunch of them could be put in some type of enclosure to be used as a packing weight. It kind of keeps them from just sitting on the shelf being "dead-weight". (pun intended.)

Spaceland did just this for the TSR. Unfortunatly they didn't qdvertise it in advance or more people would have used it.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

The belt I use has compartments which you put plastic bags with shot in it. If I were to travel to another dropzone I would take the belt without led. Then find a local gun store, walmart or sport hunting store and buy some shot and get ziplock bags and put them into the belt... It shouldn't be too expensive.

I would take the belt without led. Then find a local gun store, walmart or sport hunting store and buy some shot and get ziplock bags and put them into the belt... It shouldn't be too expensive.

I don't think you've priced lead shot lately...
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0021572213490a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=lead+shot&Ntk=Products&sort=all&Go.y=8&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D%3Asort=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&Go.x=16&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1