NWFlyer

Who Will Get USPA D-30000?

As of right now, the latest D# issued was 29991 to Liz Ashley, Region: Foreign

Martin
USPA 104570
A19518
C25348
D19006 (hence the DZ.com handle. I started using that name back in the 90s with an AOL email account. Just entered it one day here to look at the forums. I'd pick something more interesting now, but don't want to screw with starting a new account.)
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Group Members get access to the license database.

I was informed yesterday by someone deep within the Association that posting information gained by my access to the USPA Credential Verification was a misuse of the information.

So, if I had theoretically just checked the data base, it would not be appropriate for me to disclose weather I had discovered that D29999 has been assigned, nor to whom, nor to which region. So, I'm not gon'a do it!

So, you didn't hear it from me that the next one up will be D30,000.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Names and numbers are published in the magazine... what the heck is wrong with finding out a little sooner...

Well, I just got the USPA Update via email (a new newsletter sent to members, apparently).

It's official (and I figure since they blasted it in an email to all members, it's okay to post it here):

USPA Issues D-30,000
USPA just passed another milestone by issuing D-30,000. In 1959, the Parachute Club of America (USPA's predecessor) issued D-1 to Lewis Sanborn. Twenty-six years later, Randy Thurston was issued D-10,000; 12 years after that, the Honorable George H.W. Bush was issued Honorary D-20,000. It’s been another 12 years, and this morning, Josh Schellenburg of Duluth, Minnesota, was issued D-30,000. Congrats, Josh!

And, more detail from the USPA web site:

USPA Issues License D-30000 (updated 07/23/09)
On July 23, shortly after USPA’s Membership Department processed the paperwork, USPA Executive Director Ed Scott placed a call to Josh Schellenberg of Duluth, Minnesota, to congratulate him on being awarded the coveted D-30000 license number. Joining Scott on the line for the call congratulating Schellenberg was Lew Sanborn, who was issued license number D-1 in March 1959.

Schellenberg is 24 years old, started jumping in the fall of 2003 and now has 543 jumps. He says he’s a freeflyer and canopy pilot, but he’s also made about 50 wingsuit jumps and lately has been getting back into 4-way formation skydiving. He jumps mostly at Skydive Superior in Wisconsin.

VERY cool that they had D-1 on the line, too. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

USPA Issues D-30,000
USPA just passed another milestone by issuing D-30,000. In 1959, the Parachute Club of America (USPA's predecessor) issued D-1 to Lewis Sanborn. Twenty-six years later, Randy Thurston was issued D-10,000; 12 years after that, the Honorable George H.W. Bush was issued Honorary D-20,000. It’s been another 12 years, and this morning, Josh Schellenburg of Duluth, Minnesota, was issued D-30,000. Congrats, Josh!

SON OF A BITCH!
but I am pretty sure I was D-29999. [:/]

You're not D29999, maybe you'll be D30001?

Here's a fun one:

000072 Bush, George Herbert 03/31/2010 D-020000 Gulf

I know, I know, I'm doing it again! But then everyone already knows that George Herbert Walker Bush has D20000. I wonder if GHWB sends in his annual dues. And, look at the USPA Member number, #72. Heck, Lewis Sanborn has a higher uspa member number (notice I'm toeing the line by not divulging Lu's membership number) than GHWB.

Interesting.

Also, since I was going to potentially blow the big roll out of D30,000 it still isn't listed in the online database. And, that email has yet to hit my inbox.

So, another 12 years to 40,000? I bet longer with the 500 jump requirement.

AC DZ

How long was it a 200 Jump Minimum to get your D?

It was 3 or 4 years ago as I remember that the numbers changed. D numbers below D27000 for sure were 200 jump min, and above D28000 I'm guessing are 500 jump min folks.

There was a "rush" for quite a few folks in the 150 to 200 jump range at the time to hit 200 before the rule change.

Martin

AC DZ

Mid -D26000's was the swapping point. I got mine just before the swap but I also had over 500 jumps at the time too so I could have cared less. I;m in the first 1/3 of that range and sent it in only a few weeks before the change.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

There was a "rush" for quite a few folks in the 150 to 200 jump range at the time to hit 200 before the rule change.

Martin

There were some pretty busy pencils then, too!
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving