NWFlyer

Who Will Get USPA D-30000?

As most of us know, D-20000 went to George Bush, as an honorary D license. I'm wondering if USPA has anything special planned for D-30000 or if it'll just end up going to the next person in line?

I'm especially curious since I just faxed my D application into USPA this morning. The last D number listed in the July issue is (I think... my issue's not sitting in front of me) D-29857. Given the lag in issuing licenses to printing them in the magazine, and assuming an average of about 40-50 new Ds per month, they should be really damn close to D-30000 right about now.

So ... should it be reserved for some VIP (maybe that hot CNN anchor that everyone seems to love who jumped with 41 this most recent time) or should it go to a regular USPA member?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Ah, but what about Nate Pond getting D-69?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

well with GBush, he can now technically go to any DZ and jump his own gear, since he's now a licensed skydiver, aint taht some BS. i think USPA forgot what the point of the license is.

From the SIM: "USPA C and D-license holders who have not made a freefall skydive within the preceding six months should make at least one jump under the supervision of a USPA instructional rating holder until demonstrating the ability to safely exercise the privileges of that license." Although he has in fact jumped in the last six months presumably his one tandem for his 85th birthday would not qualify him as "demonstrating the ability to safely exercise the privileges of that (D) license."
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

well with GBush, he can now technically go to any DZ and jump his own gear, since he's now a licensed skydiver, aint taht some BS. i think USPA forgot what the point of the license is.

From the SIM: "USPA C and D-license holders who have not made a freefall skydive within the preceding six months should make at least one jump under the supervision of a USPA instructional rating holder until demonstrating the ability to safely exercise the privileges of that license." Although he has in fact jumped in the last six months presumably his one tandem for his 85th birthday would not qualify him as "demonstrating the ability to safely exercise the privileges of that (D) license."

Reply to the two above posts:

First, the D License that was issued to President Bush is an "honorary" D License and confers nothing but the honor of having the license. He cannot exercise any of the privileges of a D License holder. It is similar to universities conferring honorary degrees on notable speakers at their graduation ceremonies.

Second, USPA cannot, for any price, buy the positive publicity that President Bush has generated for our sport and I am personally proud that President Bush has chosen to be one of us.

Third ( although not really relevant), the currency requirements quoted are not requirements at all, they are suggestions. The only requirements USPA Members must follow are the BSRs, everything past the BSRs in the SIM (except FARs) are suggestions, not requirements. There are absolutely no currency requirements in the BSRs for any license holder or student.

Mike Mullins
USPA National Director

Why anyone would want anything other than D-22351 is beyond me.

A-50000 jumps at my DZ. He's not a VIP (he's a punk ass packer, much love John), his paper just happened to be in the right spot in the stack.

- Dan G

First, the D License that was issued to President Bush is an "honorary" D License and confers nothing but the honor of having the license.

So did somebody else get the "real" D30000? Or maybe they don't do that. Wonder who got D30001?

I never have applied for my D. Maybe I'll hold out for D33333.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

So did somebody else get the "real" D30000? Or maybe they don't do that. Wonder who got D30001?

Read the original post ... that's the question. If it's being issued it should be right about now, or soon.

Or are you asking about D-20000, the one that Bush got as an honorary license? I think that his honorary D was the only D-20000 issued.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Except for the very rare honorary award, license numbers are issued in the order that applications are received. D-30000 has not yet been issued but is coming up very soon. Find out who receives it in an upcoming issue of Parachutist.

Ed Scott
Executive Director, USPA
www.uspa.org

Read the USPA blog!

Read the original post ... that's the question. If it's being issued it should be right about now, or soon.

Or are you asking about D-20000, the one that Bush got as an honorary license? I think that his honorary D was the only D-20000 issued.

Ah yes, good catch. I did mean 20000.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Guess I shoulda held onto my application for a few more weeks. USPA very efficiently got my card to me today ... D-29960.

I just got my card last night D-29951. I even held onto my completed test since 2006. well not for that reason but just that I am a procrastinator. lol I did think it might be cool to get D-30101 since I am C-30101. oh well

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

Wow, hadn't looked at the license #s in a while...I'm feeling kinda old now with my number of D-14847. But I'm only 38, that's not old I hope. ;)

It better not be because I'm 38, too. I just didn't start jumping till I was almost 34.