kallend

2-point 107-way

So I'm hearing about an engine catching on fire on the ground and a 100 way funnel near break off. So what fun stuff led up to the completions?
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

So I'm hearing about an engine catching on fire on the ground and a 100 way funnel near break off. So what fun stuff led up to the completions?

You heard wrong. The Deland Skyvan did blow a nice ball of flame on startup on Friday morning but the engine didn't catch fire. And there was no funnel, or anything even close to a funnel.

The 107 way had 25 individual pieces moving for the 2nd point, which was pretty cool.

Wingsuit big ways tomorrow (we just did a nice 22-way flock at sunset tonight)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

NICE WORK!

Ditto here --
I wanted to be in on this! ;)
I also specifically attended Chicago 40-ways early in July to try and maximize my chances to get onto this Chicago 100-way.

I did get put on the waiting list, but alas, it was full by the time I showed my performance at Skydive Chicago. There was reportedly 111 was fully paid and registered, and 107 people showed up for this jump!

I do have confirmed invites to other bigway events including Men's World Record, also confirmed Central Texas Sequential Invitational (Halloween 2009), and I have applied to others such as Z-Team March 2010, applied to some 2009 state records, and World Team 2010/2011.

Though that 2010 version of World Team might still be a long shot for me -- but I've made my marketing pitch -- my very fresh bigway currency -- 220+ jump in the last 12 months alone, with 150 of these jumps being at big way events, AND 7 hours of 4-way in the tunnel in the last 12 months, with more hours scheduled later this year; now that I have a new job less than half an hour away from Skyventure Montreal! My pitch to the World Team is that my bigway/RW/tunnel currency, should outweigh the "slightly low" jump number I have. ;)

He he.

I got to hand it to you, you are blowing your trumpet loudly and doing most things possible to get onto World Team. If persistence alone was a measure, you would be selected in the base already! ;)

Good luck. I hope you get on. :)
p.s. I met you at Perris 2009 for the P3 camps.

Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.