Ketia0

I GRADUTATED!!!

B|B|B|:D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Im sooo excited!!!

Saturday morning i did my graduation jump!

then did 2 jumps after that!! loads of fun.. though i did absolutely nothing in free fall. i flipped once or twice.. but mainly wanted to get used to it being just me in the sky. trying more to relax.. and SMILE!

i focused on my breathing.. that was cool. pulled at 4,500.. i like that height.. may go to 4 grand.. but not lower. not yet.

i cant wait for this saturday.. who knows how many fun jumps ill do!

only bad thing is its 50 bucks per jump at altitude! B|

i NEED to buy my own gear soon.. im jumping a 260 at a ration of .77:1 if i get a 230 ill be at .87/1

I love life! B|:)
"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

thanks guys!

Its diffrent doing it by myself... i have been diving out.. i think i am going to try some other exits.. i saw a guy do a back flip out of the plane.. and it looked freaking sweat!!! maybe a hanging exit! i have soooo many ideas im going crazy! :S:S

why do i have to be at work???

stupid mondays...

i think im calling in sick!! :P

Is it normal to have such a small wingloading for my number of jumps? ( 22) i was hoping to get down to a 230 or 210 before i buy my own canopy.. but may just stick with 230.

what do yall think?

"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

Congrats! Its awesome being on your own, but focus on getting your A card filled out! Before you know it you'll be at 30 jumps and still doing solos! Jumping with other people is where its at! haha.

As far as your canopy, the general rule, or so as I am told, is a 1:1 ratio when you buy your first gear. That is what I went off of and bought a 170 with an exit weight of 177. I love it, but I would suggest talking to your instructors about it more, they are the ones that have watched you progress.

Again Congrats!

-Evo
Zoo Crew

Congrats.

Definitely get your gear ASAP. At your exit weight, even a 210 would be acceptable if your canopy control is good and your instructors give you the nod. Just be wary of typical winds at your DZ if you loading very light... don't sell yourself short, if you got the confidence/skill, loading between 0.9-1.0 will treat you nice for a first canopy.

Contrats man! Nice to meet you at the DZ last weekend. You should be good to go with a 1:1 wing loading, that's what I've been jumping since my 11th STP jump. It only took me a couple of landings to get used to it.
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Cause the door was open!

Contrats man! Nice to meet you at the DZ last weekend. You should be good to go with a 1:1 wing loading, that's what I've been jumping since my 11th STP jump. It only took me a couple of landings to get used to it.

Umm, no :|

Stick to the chart B|
http://www.bigairsportz.com/pdf/bas-sizingchart.pdf

And unless you're jumping every week and actively pursuing canopy knowledge, please follow the black numbers instead of the gray ones. :)

hey rlucus.. thanks for the chart. It says i sohuld be at about 230.. which i can see. im going to jump a 230 this weekend and see how well i can handle it.. i have a good feeling. i had some pretty good patterns this last weekend.

Stick to the chart B|

And unless you're jumping every week and actively pursuing canopy knowledge, please follow the black numbers instead of the gray ones. :)

Umm, practice what you preach! [:/]

Your profile says 250 jumps and just one year of experience. It also says you fly a Nitron 150 at a wingload of 1.4 lbs/sq ft. Brian Germain's chart recommends no smaller than a 190 for you (the black number). It also says that a 160 is the absolute minimum (the grey number).

So... why are you flying a 150 sq ft canopy?

BTW, Ketia0... BIG Congrats! I hope I won't be far behind you! :)

I jump every weekend, I actively pursue canopy knowledge and practice. I just recently got this canopy from jumping a 190 after many practice jumps on different 150s and 170s.

Yes I am currently 0.0875 over my Do Not Exceed number (the gray one, which according to my own, and BGs advice, I qualify for). I'm currently making 20+ jumps a month.

Make of it what you will. I was merely providing him with some good information.

I jump every weekend, I actively pursue canopy knowledge and practice. I just recently got this canopy from jumping a 190 after many practice jumps on different 150s and 170s.

Yes I am currently 0.0875 over my Do Not Exceed number (the gray one, which according to my own, and BGs advice, I qualify for). I'm currently making 20+ jumps a month.

Make of it what you will. I was merely providing him with some good information.

My exit weight is off that chart, I'm 6'2" and 280, I started out with a 300 and did ok with that, my instructors decided it would be ok for me to downsize to a 280. Believe me I didn't decide to do it on my own.
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Cause the door was open!

That's good. Wing loadings don't scale perfectly, especially at both extremes. If you look at the chart you can see that. My point was don't take the advice of some random stranger (who admittedly does not have much experience.) A 1:1 wing loading if his exit weight was >150lbs would be bad advice.

BTW if someone wants to point out that I am also a random stranger giving out advice it's not the same thing. I'm saying "Hey, take this guys advice" and this guy happens to be one of the most knowledgeable people in the sport.

Stick to the chart B|

Umm, practice what you preach! [:/]

Your profile says 250 jumps and just one year of experience. It also says you fly a Nitron 150 at a wingload of 1.4 lbs/sq ft. Brian Germain's chart recommends no smaller than a 190 for you (the black number). It also says that a 160 is the absolute minimum (the grey number).

So... why are you flying a 150 sq ft canopy?

BTW, Ketia0... BIG Congrats! I hope I won't be far behind you! :)

Bravo!:D:D:D Good catch.

Oh congrats to OP!:)
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

JD are you saying that it is not good advice? Who I am and what I do should not affect that.

Never said it wasnt good advice. All i said was bravo for him catching that. I choose not to push the envelope and thats what i advise. What you choose is up to you. I just dont see what the rush is!?
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!