fswr06

Chasing

I'm wondering if anyone has chased a soda can or small bottle? If so, can you keep up belly flying or do you have to free fly to stay on level? I'd like to have some inputs before I try to do it on my own and have a soda can go through someone's roof.

first im going to say, talk to your S&TA or DZO before you do this, with your jump numbers they may not let you jump with this type of object, if the soda can is full it may fall with you at belly speeds or just a tad faster, i dont see you needing to go head down for a soda can. the rest of this jump you need to talk to someone a bit more experienced in doing it, like someone at your dropzone that has jumped with an object.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

I'm wondering if anyone has chased a soda can or small bottle? If so, can you keep up belly flying or do you have to free fly to stay on level? I'd like to have some inputs before I try to do it on my own and have a soda can go through someone's roof.

A soda can (or bottle) will not fall stably and would be a very poor choice. I also agree with the previous poster about your experience level.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

A Red Dot cue ball will fall at belly speed. Please do not do this unless you talk to your DZO and have way more experienced people on the dive.

YOU CAN KILL SOMEONE!!!
Very soon, an honest person will not be able to sing the last 2 lines of our National Anthem:::Practice safe dining....use condiments

Lot's of DZO's / STA's will not like this practice. Talk to yours, before you do this.

However, if you do this at my DZ, I will certainly ground you. Believe me, you will get a comparable reaction at a lot of other DZ's.

fswr06, not directed at you - well ok, not just at you ;) - but lately there seem to be a lot of threads started by people with pretty low jump numbers who think it'd be cool to take video with an iPhone/ listen to an MP3 player/ make a cellphone call/ chase soda cans/ God knows what else while jumping.

When did skydiving become so routine that we now have to distract ourselves while doing it? :o[:/]

Maybe I'm easily pleased, but I've never had a skydive that I've felt could be enhanced by toys other than those I need to keep me alive.