FourSideDean

If you have $1500 what would skydiving stuff would put it towards?

my humble and inexperienced opinion:

i say buy jump tickets. i just bought the best deal that my dz offers- $1000 for 67 tickets- that's $15 a slot. now i know that no matter what comes up in terms of finances, i have lots of jumping already paid for.
Jennifer

don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. and then go do that, because what the world needs is people that come alive.

Hi everyone... and Joe's Mom...

This is really great stuff... Keep it coming!
I hope more people get in on the poll.

I've been thinking hard about what I would get and I think, as the polls show, the best thing would be to get experience. Some Tunnel coaching and get some canopy coaching too.

Also get that million feet (67 x 15k jump tickets) for $1000 at Hollister! What a deal if you can dish out the bucks up front... I am still working through the ones I bought a while ago...

I think experience is the name of the game...

AAD is a good idea too... I still have 11 years on my cypress... so I am good for a while...

Still want to hear your opinions and what you would do...

Keep them coming!

Dean

Just spent $750 on camera gear, but the helmet and mount are just on loan to me. I could also use a second audible and altimeter.

I need a camera wings jacket and would like to get an Intro wingsuit. Oh and freefly suit... Luckily my motorcycle is worth $3800 :P (unfortunately I need a new car too >:( )

"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

Me Personally - ?

AFF/I rating down in Florida this winter.

I would do the same, put it towards my AFF and/or Tandem rating.

Thats not an option for you.

At just over 100 jumps I would put it in the bank and save for when you do need something. Never know when you might have a cutaway and not be able to recover a canopy. Save it for jumping. And I would probably do some tunnel time because I have 0 tunnel time and I am sure I could learn a lot.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Why I am a fan of AADs:

1. It is only because I use an AAD that my wife tolerates my skydiving.

2. I have a dear friend... Double Hard Pull... only reason that she is alive is that the AAD cut the reserve closing loop.

3. I know four skydiviers jumping together almost exactly a year ago who had all four AADs fire. One or two of them had a two out, the others had only the reserves. Would have been a stunningly bad day if not for those AADs. Two cute little girls would have no momma.

4. I have seen video of freefall collisions that are truly scary. One of them is of a jump that a buddy was on. Often one of the two involved is totally innocent and couldn't have prevented the collision no matter how smart, quick, or skilled they were. An AAD means that the innocents don't have to die if incapable of deploying (due to unconsciousness or other injury).

May NONE of us ever need our AAD...
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Why is it that God and everyone is recommending an AAD? Its basically a $1200 insurance policy that has to be maintained for even more money.

I've already got an AAD, so I'd spend the money on jumps and MAYBE my first time in a wind tunnel (or maybe not...).

But in another 4 years, I'll have to replace my Cypres. I do know 2 people (maybe even 3 or 4, but definitely 2) whose lives were saved by their AADs. Anyone who's old enough to have been jumping back in the days before AADs were common can name too many old friends who died too young.

But for now, I can spend it on jumping - so I will.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !