thestalkmore

Time for License Processing?

Now, I know that the good folks over at the USPA are notoriously slow in processing license applications that haven't been expedited, but my B app was sent in over a month ago and I still haven't heard a peep from them. When should I send them an email and begin listing my demands!?

Now, I know that the good folks over at the USPA are notoriously slow in processing license applications that haven't been expedited, but my B app was sent in over a month ago and I still haven't heard a peep from them. When should I send them an email and begin listing my demands!?

I faxed my license forms in and had my license back each time in about a week. I thought the turnaround time was fantastic.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

3.5 weeks? A month? I just graduated yesterday and am sending my A card in tomorrow. I think those turn around times are a little ridiculous its 2009. I guessed it would take a week or so at the longest. I mean are they like cutting down trees and making the paper to print the card on themselves? The excitement of getting the A card makes the wait so much worse, I've graduated but now i want to hold that thing in my hand.

Also, why is the annual membership for USPA sixty bucks? What exactly am i getting for my money? I would have thought it would be like twenty or something. Sixty for a membership, thirty for a license, forty five per jump because of rental fees, I'm a poor college kid this is killing me.

3.5 weeks? A month? I just graduated yesterday and am sending my A card in tomorrow. I think those turn around times are a little ridiculous its 2009. I guessed it would take a week or so at the longest. I mean are they like cutting down trees and making the paper to print the card on themselves? The excitement of getting the A card makes the wait so much worse, I've graduated but now i want to hold that thing in my hand.

Don't snail mail it. Fax it in.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Also, why is the annual membership for USPA sixty bucks? What exactly am i getting for my money? I would have thought it would be like twenty or something. Sixty for a membership, thirty for a license, forty five per jump because of rental fees, I'm a poor college kid this is killing me.

Where along your training did you get the idea this is a cheap sport? Quit whining. Things take money to make them happen.

Your A license proficiency card serves as your A license. You don't need the pretty shiny card from USA. I hope you made a copy.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

60 bucks??? Count yourself lucky. In Canada it's $85, and I'm sure there are more expensive memberships out there. Unless it's different in the US, you're getting liability insurance in case you do something stupid, kill someone and get sued for it. As long as you're not breaking any BSR's. I don't wanna lose my house if I land on the hood of some guy's Ferrari.
PULL!! or DIE!!

I don't wanna lose my house if I land on the hood of some guy's Ferrari.

Wouldn't that be a BSR violation?

Section 62.A.33.b. - Landing on any car for which a tune-up costs more than the average family of four spends on groceries per month.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I don't wanna lose my house if I land on the hood of some guy's Ferrari.

Wouldn't that be a BSR violation?

Section 62.A.33.b. - Landing on any car for which a tune-up costs more than the average family of four spends on groceries per month.

:D