BlueAngel

Cheapest (but safe) DZ To Rack Up Jumps?

I'll pay more for a cut.

They do cut! And there is a sign in the plane on the door pionting out the risk.

The 99 is the best workhorse plane out there for a high turn around DZ. Not idiot proof, but what is?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

>He'll kick you off his DZ, making your life a little bit more difficult.

Definitely true! I know people who have been kicked out of Lodi a dozen times.

Now let me straighten this out, Bill will kick you off the DZ, if you are and idiot, being unsafe/stupid, do not do what he says, or he simply doesn't like you.

It will always be for a fuck up that you do, and most of the time you would have to be working for him.

It is not hard and there are not that many rules.

If you are a fun jumper smashing out jumps, he will love you and will probably convince you to come back once you are finished.

He is fun with a great sence of humor,

but he can be angry and short tempered.

It is easy to know when that is (usualy saturday at about 1pm) so just keep your distance.

last year my wife and I smashed out 130 jumps (each) in 3 weeks here. We liked it so much we came to stay for a summer. We still love it and will come back again.

It is less expensive for us to fly here from New Zealand, do 100 jumps, and fly back again. Than it is to just do the jumps in New Zealand.

Everybody says The Parachute Centre (Lodi) is the cheapest dropzone, that is an incorrect statement!

It is in fact the 'least expensive' dropzone, In the World!

He has 60 sigmas, all in great condition, (not cheap) and he needs them!

His rental equipment is made up of 'new' condition rigs with great canopies eg. Javelin Odysseys with skyhooks etc!!:S sabre 2's and safire2's + others.

4 twin turbines, many loads, onsite engineers and a fully equipped hangar.

all = not cheap!

Lodi is truly the mecca for smashing out jumps.

No bells, no wistles, just great equipment, lots of experience and lots and lots of loads.

The Skywalkers were training here a few weeks back with 2 rigs each, they smashed out 14 training jumps each day including the weekdays!

High turnaround and 45 years experience is how it manages to be the way it is, don't question it, just jump your ass off or go home!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

>The Skywalkers were training here a few weeks back with 2 rigs each, they
>smashed out 14 training jumpsn each day includingthe weekdays!

Sounds great, and there are plenty of DZ's that allow you to do 14 jumps a day with the right prep (i.e. two rigs, back to back loads.)

Sounds great, and there are plenty of DZ's that allow you to do 14 jumps a day with the right prep (i.e. two rigs, back to back loads.)

14 jumps, on Monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday, no clouds all summer? finished by 4pm.

Where are these places?

They were lucky, on a really quiet day (tuesday or wednedsay) we might only do 10 loads.

For the OP,

If you want to smash out 200 jumps, and you have your head screwed on well.

Come out to Lodi, you'll be surprised how fun and easy it will be, to do so safely!

Me and my wife just moved to Lodi, and I couldn't be happier with the decision. 13 dollar jumps, laid back atmosphere, awesome fleet of planes. As far as I can tell you only have problems with Bill if you give Bill problems. Lodi is the shit hands down two thumbs way up 5 stars the bees knees etc. (living 10 minutes away may bias my opinion)
This website has become tiresome...

14 jumps, on Monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday, no clouds all summer? finished by 4pm

Empuriabrava?

(Probably a little closer to home for the Skywalkers, too... though you're right about the price :P)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I agree. Lodi is awesome. I have visited there twice now and never had a prob with Bill. I've done hop n pops and always got the plane leveled out and never once felt unsafe. Met some awesome people, there is a wide variety of different disciplines being practiced there from wingsuiting to accuracy landings.

Plus you can't beat the price. :)