Ripple

Children jumping

The second girl was so small we had to pull the harness to the stops to get ittight enough. She was talked into it by her fat, alcoholic, ex-paratrooper father. On the way down, she had a dead grip on my left hand, at pull time.
This foolishness ocurred before Cypres was invented.
That was the last time I jumped with a minor!

You never had someone older grab your hand? I come down strongly in favor of underage jumpers. How else do they learn to win world competitions?

M
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Some countries have differnet laws and guidelines - for instance in some countries legal age of sexual consent is solely based upon the individuals ability to carry a pail of water back to the village.

-----I have a valid passport, gimme a link to a google map! :):P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I think it's a bad idea. Skydiving is something where the jumper should understand the risk, and children that young aren't really capable of that. Jumping needs to be a personal decision. This isn't a roller coaster.

"i don't no the history of this .. and history is SOOOOO boring I can't bother to check it out..''

please look at the Skies Call series of books ... contains 2 pics of the 1st 3 tandems EVER done ... all kids (2 of them) ... that is what inspired some folks to think "wow... we could do this with adults !! and make bucks!! " and so began the trivialization ... it started with kids ... live with it ...

>maybe tandem jumps shouldn't be handed out to everyone as
>such a joyrides if they are soooo dangerous?

They're not _that_ dangerous. But adults can waive their rights and agree to risk their lives; children cannot.

Exactly.

better not allow your child to ride it the car with you until they are old enough to fully understand the implications of this action and can agree to waive there rights and risk their lives.

>maybe tandem jumps shouldn't be handed out to everyone as
>such a joyrides if they are soooo dangerous?

They're not _that_ dangerous. But adults can waive their rights and agree to risk their lives; children cannot.

Exactly.

better not allow your child to ride it the car with you until they are old enough to fully understand the implications of this action and can agree to waive there rights and risk their lives.

And this demonstrates that analogies can sometimes be a very piss-poor method of analysis - because taken to a logical extreme, almost any analogy can produce an absurd conclusion. Some things simply have to be evaluated on their own merits. Skydiving is one of them.