Hoped2jump

Does anyone know about this place?

Hello,
Does anyone know about this place to skydive that was supposed to be in Clarksville? I have been trying to get scheduled and can't seem to to get any kind of an answer by calling the number on my gift certificate, they just keep telling me tha they are booked up for this weekend or that weekend, so I finally just showed up at the Clarksville airport and was told that the company that used to be there was no longer there, and that had moved to Waverly. I was somewhat confused about why I was told to go to Clarksville, then Waverly, but it is closer to my home, so I was ok with that. Then, I showed up at Waverly and was told that they are no longer there as well. Now I am starting to go from confused to concerned. I started searching online for information and found this site so I created a user name so I can ask this question that I am asking.
Does anyone have any idea what is up with this?

Google Skyride and use the "search" function here on dz.com. They are a company that acts as a booking agent but they have very shady business practices.

If the GC was paid for by credit card file a dispute with them and try to get your money back. You'll never get anything out of Skyride.

The squeeky wheel gets the grease.

If you raise enough hell you will either get your money back or get to jump. No telling where you might have to go to jump though. Fewer and fewer places will take their certificates and they move their operations like gypsies
Very soon, an honest person will not be able to sing the last 2 lines of our National Anthem:::Practice safe dining....use condiments

You may just have to drive all the way to Cedartown, GA if you want to use that GC.

I say fight it and get your money back. There are hundreds, if not thousands of suckers who bought Skyride GCs with no place nearby to use them. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I can say for certain that none of you know what your talking about when it comes to Clarksville or waverly.

As to the OP. We are currently having some problems with the airport. We should be back shortly. The reason nobody could tell you what was going on was that there was a lot of confusion when it came to Waverly. Call back in a few days.

Or check the Better Business Bureau website.

Oh Crap! I didn't know all this. But I will add that we went down to this other place this weekend call "Skydive Alabama", I think it was in some place called "Coleman" Ala. and was able to jump, be they were telling us that it was iffy because the weather was moving in. It was great, but I think it will be something that is on my bucket list that will have to be crossed off.
Thanks for all your help and I think that we will try to get a refund.

Or check the Better Business Bureau website.

Oh Crap! I didn't know all this. But I will add that we went down to this other place this weekend call "Skydive Alabama", I think it was in some place called "Coleman" Ala. and was able to jump, be they were telling us that it was iffy because the weather was moving in. It was great, but I think it will be something that is on my bucket list that will have to be crossed off.
Thanks for all your help and I think that we will try to get a refund.

This is sounding more and more like a troll. Skydive Alabama claims to be in Cullman but is actually in Vinemont. It is the Cullman County / City airport.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

This is sounding more and more like a troll. Skydive Alabama claims to be in Cullman but is actually in Vinemont. It is the Cullman County / City airport.

How does the Cullman/Vinemont thing make it look like a troll? I've always called it "Cullman" and I rarely hear anyone say "Vinemont" even though it's on their website as Vinemont.

Besides all that, http://www.alskydiving.com/ claims to be closer to Huntsvile and Birmingham. News to me!
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

I can say for certain that none of you know what your talking about when it comes to Clarksville or waverly.

As to the OP. We are currently having some problems with the airport. We should be back shortly. The reason nobody could tell you what was going on was that there was a lot of confusion when it came to Waverly. Call back in a few days.

Are you sure about that? ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Whats the whole story on this skyride thing? They sell people gift certificates to jump and don't go through with it? I checked out their website it seems like they're not connected to any dropzones. How is it supposed to work? And are they ripping tons of people off?

Whats the whole story on this skyride thing? They sell people gift certificates to jump and don't go through with it? I checked out their website it seems like they're not connected to any dropzones. How is it supposed to work? And are they ripping tons of people off?

This has been discussed extensively on here already. Do a search for "What Can We Do About Skyride?"

Basically, Skyride's business model was a good idea to begin with, but then they got greedy and shrewd. You search online for skydiving, and Skyride's paid ads show up first on google (usually). You call them up wanting to skydive, but they will try to avoid telling you where to go until after they've got your credit card number.

As far as I know, there are 3 DZs owned or at least partnered by the same person who owns Skyride - Cedartown, GA; Pennridge, PA; and wherever the hell the third one is now, somewhere in TN. This last bunch has had to move several times the last couple of years, due to behavior problems, insurance problems or whatever you want to believe.

There are a number of DZ's across the nation that accept skyride GCs and the pros and cons of that have been debated already. I don't dislike the system, just who is running it and how it's being run.

But the short answer to you is, yes people have been ripped off.

Ok, I am new to the sport and to DZ.com. However, I jump at Skydive Alabama. They are legit, no question about it. They are not related to Skyride by any means. In fact, Sky ride tries to take business away from Skydive Alabama by claiming they have an operation in Alabama. Which overcourse, they do not. Vinemont and Cullman are pretty much the same freaking place. as far the weather this weekend... It did in fact get a little nasty, but we were able to jump anyway.

Do you know something we dont Billy? Oh...I forgot one of those stupid little faces.:|

I've always heard that history repeats itself, and the sLyride history just keeps repeating itself, so it don't take a genius to see that history is repeating all over again..... Damn it! They keep repeating history soo damn much that it's got me keep repeating--repeating! :D

Here's more faces for ya! :):(:PB|:$:):S>:(:o:D[:/]:|:ph34r:B|
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Skydive Alabama is totally legit and has NOTHING to do with the nasty business practices happening over at Skyride. I did LOTS of asking around before I began my AFF there and I can say they are an amazing DZ...nuff said B|.

Sorry you got taken though...that sucks, hope you get your money back!!!

Here is my opinion on Adventure Skydive that was located at the Clarksville Airport. They also have a branch located outside of Atlanta Georgia.
" My personal experience with this business has been far from good. After paying in advance for our group to skydive, and showing up 1 1/2 hours early, (We were told we only needed to be there 1 hour early) we left hours later with nothing but a "Rain Check". When we arrived, clear blue sky with no ceiling, they convinced us to pay more for a higher jump. We also took the bait on a video and paid for it on the spot. Our jump was to be the first of the day, and we watched as divers loaded on the plane, were up, jumped, packed their chutes and went up again. As the weather started to close in they stated doing the "Hop and Pop" jumps. Shortly after noon we were told that was the last jump as the plane needed to head back to Atlanta. Only at that time were we told that the Tandem Instructors had not shown up, and that was the reason for the delay.
After attempting to use our "Rain Check", we were told they were "Booked Up". Now we are told they are no longer offering jumps in Clarksville. The suggested we make a ten hour round trip to Georgia and they would honor the "Rain Check" there.
They were unable to honor their commitment to our group to jump as paid for, I called and asked for a refund, and pretty much told me to go jump out of a plane (probably they were thinking without a chute), or drive almost a ten hour round trip to use the "Rain Check".
In my opinion, they will not be in business much longer with that attitude. Do your homework and research them before planning a skydive. They talk the talk over the phone and on the internet, but they sure do not walk the walk once they have your money and show up in person"
I am personally starting to think that this whole skydiving thing is a racket. I've been reading the various posts and the stuff in the other subjects on this website and videos on youtube, and it makes it look real cool to skydive, but I don't want to have to go through all this trouble to get it.
Thanks, Krista

Im no fan of skyrides practices but htat was obviously a troll. Why do other jumpers get on here and pretend to be students??? That story makes no sense. First of all, why would a student who didnt jump months ago, be looking at this site now and just registered today?? Also that group has been operating at another airport up until the last couple of weeks so there is no way they would tell you to go to cedartown GA. They would have refered you to the new location near clarksville.
Seriously guys, this kind of behavior makes us all look bad. You dont have to make up crap about DZ's to make skyride look bad.
secondly, there is no way the TI's werent there. I know a couple of them and its ugly and disrespectful to get on here and make it look like they just didnt show up. Those guys are very committed and dependable. The staff travels together from out of state. If the place was open then TI's were on hand.

I think I may have to disagree with you on that one. I just Googled "ground bound skydiving" because I was thinking the same thing, but found almost the same post in a different forum by the same user name. It's an older post dated back in June, Check it out. http://www.city-data.com/forum/nashville/627021-skydiving-near-nashville.html

Do you know something we dont Billy? Oh...I forgot one of those stupid little faces.:|

I've always heard that history repeats itself, and the sLyride history just keeps repeating itself, so it don't take a genius to see that history is repeating all over again..... Damn it! They keep repeating history soo damn much that it's got me keep repeating--repeating! :D

Here's more faces for ya! :):(:PB|:$:):S>:(:o:D[:/]:|:ph34r:B|

So if history repeats itself does that mean another jump plane is gonna crash at your DZ? Oh wait you have to have an operating DZ for that to happen anyways:$

So if history repeats itself does that mean another jump plane is gonna crash at your DZ? Oh wait you have to have an operating DZ for that to happen anyways:$

The difference is that we had one mistake in 25 years, your company has many mistakes in the last couple of years.
The comparison is this;
How many airports have you guys been kicked out of in the last two or three years? 4! Us? 0!
What about tree and highway landings? You guys, Too Many to count. Us 0!
How many consumer complaints does your company have with the BBB? I believe it's between 300 and 400, Us 0!
How many fraudulent gift certificates has your company sold? Thousands! Us? 0!
How many deaths has your company had? Multiple! Us? 0
Do I need to continue?

Do the math...
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

So if history repeats itself does that mean another jump plane is gonna crash at your DZ?

You know I try to keep my self out of Skyride shit but I have made my opinion know. But for you to bring up an airplane crash as an attack?:S Thats about as trashy as you can get!>:( Thats shity of you!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Please don't think that all skydivers and dropzones are like this - they are not. The vast majority of skydivers are good people who will bend over backwards to treat you right. You unfortunately got sucked in by a rip off artist. They continue to do this to people and yet somehow stay in business. Who was the guy who said there was a sucker born every minute? P.T. Barnum? It seems he was correct. That is the only way they stay in business.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Jumpdude, Johndeere and Nutz, All three of you guys are spot-on!

Also, them getting that group's money, getting them over there, then not getting them in the air is very consistent with the way they do it. I've seen that time and time again, so the only thing new about that post, and this whole thread is a new cast of characters. (The victims)

Apparently, the Georgia AG's court order and the Tennessee law is toilet paper to them .