phoenixlpr

what is exit? what is deployment

Just look for points where the vertical speed changes abruptly. For exit, you want the point where the vertical speed changes from close to zero to 100mph+ with a fairly well defined acceleration curve. For deployment look for when the vertical speed slows dramatically, 100mph+ to almost zero in a few seconds. Or you could look for the points where the altitude starts and stops decreasing rapidly.

For wingsuit flights, you may very well want the impossible.

Obviously, you look at the biggest accelerations, positive for exit and negative for deployment (or the other way around - depends). But exit a Skyvan, pop up, fly, flare the suit halfway down, fly, deploy, spiral the canopy down, and you just can't see from the data what happened when.

I know I can get higher instantaneous speeds under canopy than I can get in my wingsuit. That's a Triathlon 120 vs a Skyflyer 3S. Lots of people fly bigger suits and smaller canopies (some even at the same time :P).

Can't be done, not perfectly.

A quick and dirty approximation should not be too difficult however, and refine from there. How complicated do you want your algorithm to become?

Johan.
I am. I think.