Mazz

Any more news on www.skydivecoastalcalifornia.com?

I read the previous thread on them but they seemed a little fishy and only doing tandems. Anybody have any updates on them? Their websites makes it look like you can get certified there as well as make fun jumps.
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

I read the previous thread on them but they seemed a little fishy and only doing tandems. Anybody have any updates on them? Their websites makes it look like you can get certified there as well as make fun jumps.

Well,,,, If they accept sLyride Gift Certificates, you bet they are fishy!
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Instead of the usual "assumptions with little to no fact", that seems to happen around here, why doesn't someone ask them?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=75675;d=1

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=kurtzlut;
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Instead of the usual "assumptions with little to no fact", that seems to happen around here, why doesn't someone ask them?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=75675;d=1

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=kurtzlut;

already emailed them, waiting for a reply.
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

Search youtube for 'skydive camarillo'
One example has several tandem jumps on it.
Time of FF on the tandems is around 20-25 seconds, so they are exiting lower than what you can get at other DZs in the area.
The view does seem to be quite nice.
They land off the airport, NE of airport somewhere (Santa Paula area), outside of the Camarillo class D airspace.
Started up in the past couple of months.
Renting office space from another tenant, Camarillo Airport Service, at the airport.
~50 miles NW of LA, in Ventura county.
Listed as a Group member on USPA
Domain name associated with Luther Kurtz, as well as
capitalcityskydiving.com
skydiveharborsprings.com
parachutesoverphoenix.com

You might want to call the regional directors of those areas to get any information on the particular operations.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

ok, got an email back from them. They are still only doing tandem jumps even though their website says other wise.

I spoke to them this week and they said they are open for tandems and also AFF - all levels. I asked them about experienced jumpers and they said no - well they said I could hang around and if there was an empty place I could go up.
Reading between the lines I'm guessing they're only doing tandems and AFF because they make more money that way - 200 a tandem as opposed to 25 - they only have a small Cessna.
I'm sure if they had a bigger plane with more spaces it might be a different matter. Maybe in the future they'll expand?? Kind of a shame as I had two AFF students lined up, now I'll take them to Perris so we can spend the day together.
I really hope they make it open for everyone sooner rather than later, looks like a great place to jump.

ok, got an email back from them. They are still only doing tandem jumps even though their website says other wise.

Oh snap! Come on Napier get the attorney general on the phone right now, I'm sure they are violating something!

No need to, they're not in Tennessee.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

sounds like santa barbara sorta, wait and maybe get a load

sorry to get a little off topic but I was there recently and I've never had problems getting on loads when the caravan is flying. expensive.... but lots of slots open.

get better Jarret....:)but to add as you said LOTS of slots open for a reason I would think....i put it to anyone who is not working there to call and ask to come out. please advise of the outcome. I have tickets I will give away to anyone, maybe you can get on the plane :)

Oh snap! Come on Napier get the attorney general on the phone right now, I'm sure they are violating something!

No need to, they're not in Tennessee.

Ahhhhh, so CA is too far away for someone to take your business with better facilities. got it. competition sucks when you lose, don't it? Some people try to improve when they lose, others...

I used to fly out of camarillo and santa paula all the time, would be a very scenic place to skydive, ocean is only about 10 miles west and you can see the channel islands. Sunset would be pretty amazing as well I'm sure, quite a bit of air traffic though. Wonder where they squeeze in between LAX and BUR airline traffic along with all the GA in the area.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983