Slyde

USPA Board Appeal

Folks, if we continue to behave like the maniacs we are perceived to be by ... ordinary people ... we deserve to expect our sport to reside where it has stagnated for decades. All pilots are swimmers and EVEN ordinary people are assholes.

Maybe you should take your own advice and calm down. YOU are the maniac in this situation with your tantrum and are making us all look bad. And basicly I view this whole thread as nothing more as a personal attack on Randy Ottinger and should be locked or removed.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. All skydivers are maniacs and all pilots are swimmers.

I would like nothing more than to calm down and concentrate on other projects like MY iNDY 500. And believe it or not, that's is exactly what I am up too. But let's stay on topic for now. Thanks.

It's not personal, except that I thought the boy was my friend. Nobody ever told me how loyal he is.

If you think I'm making us all look bad, I hope you will consider how you are preparing to look when I set out on my own as an outcast. Hoo boy. You are REALLY gonna love your BOD then. I mean REEELY love it!

Thanks Randy. Nice representation ol' Pelican pal. Bill would bow down if he could.

Facing away.

Take it home, snowman! C: enter ###
A Peace Prize within minutes of Bombing the Moon. Coincidence? "Beware the Military Industrial Complex." You GO Ike!

Mark,

I guess I'm done here but not before adding that if you plan to address your membership issues further with the USPA, recommend you change your tactics and tone asap. And don't expect much support from other members if you continue the rant. Additionally, the continued personal attack against RO is "unbecoming" and, knowing him, probably unwarranted...

pms

Mark,

I guess I'm done here but not before adding that if you plan to address your membership issues further with the USPA, recommend you change your tactics and tone asap. And don't expect much support from other members if you continue the rant. Additionally, the continued personal attack against RO is "unbecoming" and, knowing him, probably unwarranted...
pms

Thanks, Pat.

PROBABLY will as PROBABLY does.
still & always,
m~
slyde sphincter

me tok purty one day
frankly
mc court

The office I attack is very poorly manned, Ladies and Gentlemen. Very poorly manned. Very poorly manned. Very poorly manned.
m2

A Peace Prize within minutes of Bombing the Moon. Coincidence? "Beware the Military Industrial Complex." You GO Ike!

I will stop now too with a clarification and an apology.

I apologize to those who are offended by foul language.
I apologize to those who are offended by angry text.
I apologize to those who think we should not scream.
I apologize to those who think USPA is doing a good job.

THEY DO A GOOD JOB FOR ALL OF US! They do the best they can with the limited resources they can milk from your pockets.
They only raise your dues every once in a while and hardly EVER do it in a depressed economy.

USPA work is costly, mostly volunteer, thankless and frustrating. WE ARE ALL LUCKY to have the members who serve on the board of directors willing to spend their money and time to do all this thankless work. Even the millionaires on the board who do it for personal adgenda purposes.
WE ARE lucky to have them.

I apologize to persons who are offended by off-color, caustic, vulgar humor or inuendo.

I AM NOT saying a homosexual cocain dealer cannot make a good officer. Nothing of the sort. Don't get me wrong. Some of my best friends are homosezual cocain dealers.

I'm am sorry. And I'm serious. I apologize.
Mark Schlatter

I will stop now too with a clarification and an apology.

I apologize to those who are offended by foul language.
I apologize to those who are offended by angry text.
I apologize to those who think we should not scream.
I apologize to those who think USPA is doing a good job.

THEY DO A GOOD JOB FOR ALL OF US! They do the best they can with the limited resources they can milk from your pockets.
They only raise your dues every once in a while and hardly EVER do it in a depressed economy.

USPA work is costly, mostly volunteer, thankless and frustrating. WE ARE ALL LUCKY to have the members who serve on the board of directors willing to spend their money and time to do all this thankless work. Even the millionaires on the board who do it for personal adgenda purposes.
WE ARE lucky to have them.

I apologize to persons who are offended by off-color, caustic, vulgar humor or inuendo.

I AM NOT saying a homosexual cocain dealer cannot make a good officer. Nothing of the sort. Don't get me wrong. Some of my best friends are homosezual cocain dealers.

I'm am sorry. And I'm serious. I apologize.
Mark Schlatter

This scares me more than the other stuff did!!!!! or Did someone slip him a Prozac in his espresso?
Irony: "the History and Trivia section hijacked by the D.B. Cooper thread"

***Mark, I really hope you get some professional help.

Mental Health counselors can do wonders these days.

I really planned to stop, but your post is just too provocative to resist one more short reply.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please ask your regional director to replace the Head Quarters staff with some folks in behavioral science who have associates degrees - mental health counselors.

Professional help is EXACTLY what I need!

Thank you Jerry! You're a true sky god. Keep pounding out the progress, sir. Cerulean skies, boyz & ghouls! Nuff said. For now. I'll try and post a new idea about once a week for a while ... for my sanity.
Bwoohoohoohooahhahahahaaa!

Note: It is LEGAL to take any Arab Muslim you befriend and fly a properly equipped light sport aircraft at 3100 feet above a NASCAR race, but FAA says you cannot drop a thoroughly vetted and highly experienced skydiving entertainer from ANY altitude unless you are scrutinized by Uncle Sam.

Well, I'm not going to take a position on your claim until you post what exactly you were suspended for. However, I would like to point out that your above sentence does you no credit whatsoever. If you're going to appeal USPA's action, you might want to rely on arguments that don't include racist claptrap.

Note: It is LEGAL to take any Arab Muslim you befriend and fly a properly equipped light sport aircraft at 3100 feet above a NASCAR race, but FAA says you cannot drop a thoroughly vetted and highly experienced skydiving entertainer from ANY altitude unless you are scrutinized by Uncle Sam.

Well, I'm not going to take a position on your claim until you post what exactly you were suspended for. However, I would like to point out that your above sentence does you no credit whatsoever. If you're going to appeal USPA's action, you might want to rely on arguments that don't include racist claptrap.

Gareth,
I'm unfamiliar with the term "claptrap."
Encarta's dictionary says: nonsense: nonsense, especially pompous or important-sounding nonsense
Didn't intend to sound racist, or pompous. Sorry if you saw that. Nonsensical? Well, this is Slyde Sphincter. Thank you. Claptrap till your fingers bleed.
Arab Muslims might easily be thoroughly vetted skydivers. Er ... well ... maybe not as easily as they SHOULD. The muslim family I spent time with last month was delightful; some of the most peaceful folks I have ever had the pleasure to have known.
They told me "you will live 100 years." That means I might be almost half finished skydiving. Indians, them. Suni, too. Yikes! Don't tell TSA! They might run to randy. See! see! see sheece

I told them that a cowboy once said that if you scratch off the red dot you might win a hotel or convenience store in Amerika. They howled. Allehandro - a world tourist - was selling lottery tickets that night at as clerk for his "brudder cousin's" truck stop. I never quite figured out the "brudder" part of cousin. But oh well. They were great! He's off to Canada for a few months.

There's a broadway tune from, I think, Avenue Q (it's that homo-musical) called Everyone's a Little Bit Racist. Skydivers with our open minds and open mouths and frank expressions are easily and often suspect. Love makes the world go round. Don't be too square. Thanks. Hope you peg always fits the whole.
Snuggly.
m~

hope other attackers will contact me directly and off thread as many have already. This thread has run it's course, me tinkles. Thanks. Rock on, stoners. This ain't no glass outhouse we're dumping in.
Or out of.

eDo onward.
m2

MY iNDY 500
watch for it at a private conversation near you,
BigEars.
m3

calm done brother - that is your only option when working with the federal government

i work with them every day, some are great and competent folks, others are simply incompetent idiots, my normal thought is similar to yours - "I'm an expert and know what I'm talking about. I've invested years and tons of $$ gaining the knowledge I have and you simply have done nothing to educate yourself. It would be so easy if you would just follow the simple steps that I've outlined. Just fix it. etc., etc."

of course that never works, so I've learned to go with the flow and do it their way, it takes 50 times longer, is extremely frustrating, costs the taxpayers a ton of $$, and costs me time and effort

working with an issue now: the government (military) employee can't speak or write proper english so half of what is communicated doesn't make any sense, isn't our government wonderful

all I can say is calm down and hopefully the damage is reversable
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

You need to back off and settle down. You know and I know you can handle this in a more productive manner. Right now you are hurting your own case.

Actually, from what I have heard first hand, he's leaving harassing and threatening voice mails on a few people's phones. Some of those persons are filing charges, and what I know of Texas law he'll probably end up in jail for a bit. Then he won't be able to "hurt his case" anymore. Although the appeals processes is a little more structured then what was attempted with the USPA.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

From the minutes of the Dallas BOD meeting:

In an interim, the Executive Committee acted to revoke Mr. Mark Schlatter’s USPA individual membership and ratings based on the findings of a 1-6 investigation. Mr. Schlatter did file a timely appeal so the action so was brought to the full board for final determination. Mr. Schlatter did not appear in person before the board. Mr. Schlatter’s letter of appeal was read to the full board and discussed. The following motion resulted as a final determination.
Motion 18: Passed, 19/0/0 (Mr. Stokes)
" Move to uphold the EC decision to revoke the USPA membership, licenses and ratings of Mark Schlatter.”

Can someone,in a nut shell, tell me what was the cause of all of this. I have not been able to figure it out from Marks posts.

From the original post:

The USPA Board's Executive Committee has revoked my membership and ratings for conduct unbecoming a skydiver and or likely to bring unfavorable attention upon the organization.

I am Mark Schlatter.
I have made 5500 skydives since 1975.
I have launched the careers of many, many professionals in this industry. I continue to do so.
I have teaching in my DNA.

Recently, I complained LOUDLY to FAA Security about their abuse of our freedom via their abuse of the Transportation Security Administration's power to demand Federal Background Checks for aviators who operate within 3 miles and 3 thousand feet of major sporting events. A jump pilot at 4500 feet is not subject to Federal Background Check. TSA agrees. (I won that argument THREE separate times, with Reggie Rhodes and Ada Johnson.) FAA has overstepped their authority with a new BETA website that will not allow YOU to get a TSA waiver UNLESS your pilot - who will NOT penetrate the TFR get's a Federal Background Check.

I asked my old friend at USPA for assistance.
I SCREAMED when he revealed his positions.

Now I appeal to the FULL BOARD OF DIRECTORS to please RECONSIDER what your executive committee and headquarters staff have enacted.

If you really want Mark Schlatter out,
this you shall remember.
USPA is voluntary.

I pray.
still & always,
m~

He pissed off his old friend at HQ, it seems like, but that's not the whole story.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban