thrillstalker

skygod???

Usually a derogatory term to someone who thinks they are so much more skilled then everyone else... leading to things such as the safety advice of others does not apply to them, or they won't jump or interact with anyone who doesn't have a B/C/D/Pro/AFFI/World Record/whatever they have that makes them feel more important.

edit for spelling

Usually a derogatory term

I can't think of any time I've heard it when it isn't derogatory.

I have. When referring to the weather as a deity, i.e. "The sky gods blessed us with sunshine this weekend."

edit to add: and thanks for quoting because it made my typo jump out at me. ;)

Usually a derogatory term

I can't think of any time I've heard it when it isn't derogatory.

I have. When referring to the weather as a deity, i.e. "The sky gods blessed us with sunshine this weekend."
;)

Yeah I was going to say the same thing.
You know, kind of like the rock gods or the track gods of the slot machine gods?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Usually a derogatory term to someone who thinks they are so much more skilled then everyone else...

It's only derogatory when used by those who have lesser skills, and wish they were as experienced as the skygods. Once they achieve skygod status themselves, then it becomes a badge of honor.

Usually a derogatory term to someone who thinks they are so much more skilled then everyone else...

It's only derogatory when used by those who have lesser skills, and wish they were as experienced as the skygods. Once they achieve skygod status themselves, then it becomes a badge of honor.

Kinda like those of us in the military refer to "Officers" :P

what is a skygod???

90% of the people that jump at Eloy Az...

Although I love that DZ- only because of the planes, and the amount of jumps you can do... People there usually suck ass.

[[if you jump there, and this does not apply to you, you're in the 10%... Don't be pissed off, and if you are pissed off its because you know you're a "skygod".... Ditch the attitude]]
-Eddie B (feel free to message)
www.facebook.com/eddie.d.bryant

what is a skygod???

90% of the people that jump at Eloy Az...

Although I love that DZ- only because of the planes, and the amount of jumps you can do... People there usually suck ass.

[[if you jump there, and this does not apply to you, you're in the 10%... Don't be pissed off, and if you are pissed off its because you know you're a "skygod".... Ditch the attitude]]

I'm curious why you think this. I've visited and jumped at Eloy many times and have not seen a skygod attitude with 90% of the people. Quite the opposite.

So why are they skygods?

(Also, you may want to ditch the attitude)

Eloy crew.
I don't know if their fame have affected their attitude, I don't know, and I hope not.
But. I thought when I went there, they were the most accessible friendly bunch of people. Non of that skygod attitude.
They have a helluva lot of jumps and they know that and their dedication is the difference.

I beleive there are very few Skygods on Earth.
They have time and patience for Everyone, in order to do whatever is necessairly/possible to prevent ignorance and folly of the rest.
I've met two or so. (there's a hundred of Them)

The rest are Skydicks, Skypussies, Skyassholes, Skyicecreams, Skybastards and so on.

It's a Skyopignion - pull it, if without AAD
What goes around, comes later.

Jerry Bird is a skygod. Tom Pirus was a skygod. Craig Fronk and BJ Worth are skygods. Dan BC is a skygod. Closer to home, Bruce Robertson and Guy Wright could be considered skygods....

It's not always a derogatory term....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Jerry Bird is a skygod. Tom Pirus was a skygod. Craig Fronk and BJ Worth are skygods. Dan BC is a skygod. Closer to home, Bruce Robertson and Guy Wright could be considered skygods....

It's not always a derogatory term....

I disagree. Those guys are all really great guys and good jumpers, although personally I've only jumped with Bird and B.J. I don't think any of them would refer to themselves as skygods, just people who are really into our sport. Although any word is open to redefinition, I think skygod is always a little derogatory. I wouldn't want to be called one.:S