lippy

New Jumpsuit...too tight?

I just got my hands on my new Tony Suit:)
Is this normal? Do they build them like this intentionally to compensate for the spandex back stretching after a few jumps?

I've already written Tony Suits asking this same question, but I don't think I got them before quitting time and I'm anxious to know.
I got nuthin

If it’s not right, send it back. Tony is real good about altering new suits. I’ve sent two back when they weren’t quite right. In one case, they made me a new suit at no charge. The other suit, they made the booties bigger, again at no charge. The only drag is waiting for your suit again, but it worth getting it right. Also, after buying several suits from Tony, I have learned which measurements to add an inch or two for a great fit and the performance I want. Another thing to consider when buying a suit is whether or not you will be jumping in cold weather when you will be adding layers to your clothing. If you are, then definitely oversize certain measurements to work well in both summer and winter. Tony is a great company and they will work with you.

Hi L

Over time you'll notice your cloth's shrinking even if you don't launder them.:S

How about posting a pic of you wearing the New Jumpsuit :P

Might help Tony's people visualize if there's a issue rather than just looking at your measurements.

Good luck

One Jump Wonder

Thanks for the responses. I'll go put some jumps on it this weekend and see how it flies/feels in the air before I return it.

Due we don't care about how it flies we want to see how it looks on your body on the ground. B|
One Jump Wonder

is it super tight across the chest, or lengthwise?

I'm assuming this is an RW suit. If it is too tight lengthwise, i would get it fixed, since it will hinder your ability to arch. your Z measurement is probably too short. this is a COMMON measurement mistake!

across...well, suck it up, cupcake :P

this thread is worthless without pictures!

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I just got my hands on my new Tony Suit:)
Is this normal? Do they build them like this intentionally to compensate for the spandex back stretching after a few jumps?

I've already written Tony Suits asking this same question, but I don't think I got them before quitting time and I'm anxious to know.

I think that happens a lot with TS. I have heard of this with a few recent custom suits, mine included. The first one was too tight in the arms, but fine everywhere else. Took it back to the shop when I was in FL where they measured me and then redo it, and then the whole suit came back too tight except the arms, which is what it went in for in the first place.

Tony makes great suits and my suit was really pretty, but from that experience I prefer a suit manufacturer that uses spandex in the crotch and arms (which is more figure friendly for females anyway) and it is TONS more comfy.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I got a couple jumps on the new suit this weekend. It seemed tighter than comfortable but not horrible.

So I'm doing my first jump on the new suit, it was a 2-way. I track off and dump, have a 180 on opening and as I'm looking at the guy who I just jumped with he cuts away (when he popped his brakes, one of the brake-lines broke). He started flying back to the DZ and I started following his free bag. As I was coming in on final in the field where his free bag landed, I realized that it was full of thick, deep mud. One foot went in, didn't come out and I biffed hard....New suit got muddy:(

I got nuthin

I got a couple jumps on the new suit this weekend. It seemed tighter than comfortable but not horrible.

So I'm doing my first jump on the new suit, it was a 2-way. I track off and dump, have a 180 on opening and as I'm looking at the guy who I just jumped with he cuts away (when he popped his brakes, one of the brake-lines broke). He started flying back to the DZ and I started following his free bag. As I was coming in on final in the field where his free bag landed, I realized that it was full of thick, deep mud. One foot went in, didn't come out and I biffed hard....New suit got muddy:([/reply

Lippy

this thread is worthless without pictures

So how tight and dirty is the jumpsuit;)
One Jump Wonder

Wear it around the house, to work, on a date. It will soon loosen up and you'll impress the wuffos at the same time.B|

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Wear it around the house, to work, on a date. It will soon loosen up and you'll impress the wuffos at the same time.B|

i'll do that with my rig and claim it was a really, really fancy backpack! ;)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda