lowpull

unsafe Camera man at Nationals

Does anyone know who the camera guy that climbed on top of the fuselage and exited off the opposite side is?
I guess he got bounced for the rest of the event by the higher up ar Spaceland(which is the least that should have happened).
Just curious

ralph

And the thing to remember is that if we're not our own "man" then the FAA will probably be happy to provide one for us.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Does anyone know who the camera guy that climbed on top of the fuselage and exited off the opposite side is?

I'm not naming names, but you could figure it out using the results and rosters posted online at [URL "http://uspanationals.com"] USAPNationals.com[/url] if you really wanted to know...

There's also video from it in one of the on-demand feeds under the 'live' section of the same site (06:05 into the first clip from the 16th) if you want to see it...

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Should be fairly easy to connect the dots. The blog says that the team (an 8-way intermediate team) received a 0 for the round because of the stunt. There's only one team that had a 0 for any round in 8-way intermediate.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Possibly a bit crazy but can out fly most jumpers I know.

Yeah, aside from it being kinda dumb, it's actually pretty impressive flying! His team is not out of frame for long at all, and if it hadn't been deemed unsafe and cost them the entire round, he wouldn't have cost them a point. :P

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

>it's actually pretty impressive flying! His team is not out of frame for long
>at all, and if it hadn't been deemed unsafe and cost them the entire
>round, he wouldn't have cost them a point.

Seems about as tough as keeping the base in frame during an exit from left trail, which doesn't seem all that challenging.

The link to the team in question is broken? If you click the team name, you can't see the picture of this team with all of the team info. Coincidence ???

Nah, it just means that they never had a team photo done... if you follow the roster link on the results page it lists the roster for the team...

I will only call him what we all call him, Super Dave. Not a dangerous person. Possibly a bit crazy but can out fly most jumpers I know.

Lots of now dead skydivers could outfly most jumpers in their time.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

To find the vid simply go to the Nationals website and click "live".

http://www.uspanationals.com/live.htm

...on the right hand side click Oct 16. when that comes up click the first video (it says "8way/16 Way/Freeflying judging feed - Fri Oct 16) and go to 6:05 mark.....you can fast forward right to it.

thanks dude, that is pretty fucking cool....i'd give them point for cameraman creativity :)
IHYD

This is all I get

The live video feed is going to bed for the night... we'll be broadcasting again tomorrow once jumping starts. See you then! Get news Fast!

Event mailing list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name : Email :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

52 subscribersGetResponse Email Marketing

Proud partners...

This is all I get

The live video feed is going to bed for the night... we'll be broadcasting again tomorrow once jumping starts. See you then! Get news Fast!

Event mailing list

Name : Email :

52 subscribersGetResponse Email Marketing

Proud partners...

..really?

Wait till the morning and it'll be up, like it says..