swoopfly

Whats your reason????

I jump because it's fun. As Hell. The people, the DZ dynamics, the gear, the jumps, the beer. &c. B|

Two things that really get me going are:

(1) The act of exiting; the actual moment of release. It's the feeling of completely leaving Terra Firma. The plane isn't that different from sitting in a car or a room - but getting out? As Cleese said, "And now for something completely different." ;)

(2) The act of pulling; I really enjoy the feeling of reaching back, pulling and saving myself. I find it to be a singular feeling and I like it.

"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

hey
mine personally is because of the dream of human flight, and how i can accomplish that dream through skydiving. im also curious to hear maybe different responses to why you jump??

Cuz its scary, its fun, and its scary fun :)
__

My mighty steed

I’ve really been trying to figure the reason why myself. But here are some ideas.

Maybe I dive because I experience such a wide range of emotions while doing so. I get the anticipation and sleepless nights days before I jump. The Butterflies in the Stomach and having to run to the bathroom every 15 minutes for an hour before the jump. The “what the fuck am I doing” feeling while getting into the airplane. The “I’m scared shitless now” feeling when the door opens and I look down. The “disconnected from everything” feeling once falling. The “nothing else matters now but my chute” feeling while falling. The “feeling of relief” after my chute opens cleanly. The “this view is AWESOME” feeling while flying my chute. The “this is still AWESOME” feeling while flying my landing pattern. The “feeling of accomplishment” after landing safely.

And most of all… that un-explainable connection with other people who are doing the same thing.
Cause they know, and so do I, The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life, Tell all of your friends goodbye