swoopfly

Whats your reason????

hey

after a few discussions people have made many points and a good one was about being a skydiver and after you accept the risk for the reward to make that jump, you could be considered a skydiver...well after everyone here has decided and made the choice to be a skydiver,...what is your reasoning for doing so??? What makes everyone here want to jump and take that risk,??? what are the rewards for you??

mine personally is because of the dream of human flight, and how i can accomplish that dream through skydiving. im also curious to hear maybe different responses to why you jump??

I love it so much, being able to be free in the air with my friends for 60 seconds and in those 60 seconds nothing else matters. I love the feeling afterwards, the huge grin I have under canopy, even when I screw up a coach jump I still just laugh and smile about it.

To me, skydiving is the ultimate sport and quite frankly everything else seems boring :P
(apart from sex) ;)

If in doubt, whip it out...

I always say " it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on". I have heard a few guys drunk around the bonfire say it's better than sex but i always come back with " dude YOU ain't doing it right"!
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I always say " it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on". I have heard a few guys drunk around the bonfire say it's better than sex but i always come back with " dude YOU ain't doing it right"!

There is nothing better than sex after skydiving....unless it's sex before skydivingB|

I want to bring peace, prosperity and happiness to all humanity. But I'm a practical sort of guy and I know such altruistic pursuits can take a while. So in the mean time I'm involved in the unfettered hedonistic phase of the overall plan. Just taking the baby steps toward world salvation.

It's a very pure and zen-like experience.

Generally speaking, at the moment you're actually doing it, nothing else matters. As a matter of fact, there are moments in skydiving where that is not just philosophically true, but actually the truest thing that can be said about the sport.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Skydiving, for me, is immersing and discovering in a honest new world, to which I connect in different way that this one and I share this new world with friends and a friend is not someone who flies well in sit but someone who knows why s-he's there, just like me. ... and I can go a lot more into the details of this world :)
"Fun" as a word doesn't communicate nothing at all. The details of an experience and what they mean to you makes fun believable when using it in a sentence.

I really like some of the answers especially the one about forgetting your name! :)
Have a good ride,
Jean-Arthur Deda.

Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

To have a day of relaxation, that's why.

The week is hectic. I'm running around getting my heart-rate up with exercise, doing a bunch of school work and flight training, and worrying about my future.

All my negative emotions leave me when I leave the plane.

Plus, with a 0% success rate in getting sex, I don't know any better [:/]

Dropzones are terrible places for inspiration. What does one think when one looks up for a sign only to see a bunch of people falling?