lippy

Sleep Number bed

I have one. If I rember correctly I spent just about 2,000 for a queen. It is a bit pricy but, I love it! Once you figure it out it's great..

Question: Do you still adjust it? Or once you figured it out are you content at the same setting.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Did I click on bonfire?

I have one....I love it as it helps with my back pain quite a bit. I can tell you though that the bed sets at a particular number, and if you increase the weight on that side, i.e. add another person ;) it will release air to adjust, so when it is just you on that side again, you have to adjust back to where it was.

www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

I have a select comfort that I was somewhat happy with for awhile. However, if you buy the kind with two mattresses, you'll slope between them. After four years mine started to leak, and I found out their warranty is pro-rated with the price for replacement so high it would be cheaper to but a new bed. In looking to fix the bed myself I found the design of the bottom of the bed to be terrible and the hoses and pump to be shoddy. I had a crummy experience with this bed and I would never buy another select comfort product. I'm currently using the 3" latex foam from the top of that bed on my old bed and I like it. I'm convinced foam beds are the best way to go and I'm currently pricing them out. I'd give Bragada a look if I was you. Good luck.

Have had one for about 10 years. Very nice. Never has leaked, pump and all still work fine. Bought and modified s frame on my own (that might be key to preventing sloping).

It was slightly less than a good quality mattress set of the same size (queen).

Spinal support needs being very personal; it'd be nice if you could take one for a test ride. (I think they offer that - but it might be a pain to return one). I have a very finnicky back myself, with a long history of spine issues. It just happens to work very good for me.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I have one and I can say I LOVE IT!! I have the expensive one. It has been a life saver for me and I can sleep without having any pains. I can also say it saved me about 2 years ago when I herniated my L5 S1 disc which is the siactic nerve and I was in so much pain that I do not wish on anyone but because of that bed I could adjust it to the firmness I needed for the injury. I still adjust it from time to time depending on my back but I have had NO complaints. Plus it has a warranty that no other bed has, so if anything goes wrong or need to replace anything you can at no charge or a minimal charge. Beds are personal so if you like it get it, if you don't like it don't get it. Plus you can return it within 30 days (I believe) if you don't like it.
You create life, life does not create you.

Question: Do you still adjust it? Or once you figured it out are you content at the same setting.***

I have not had to adjust my setting in over a year. But it is nice to have the ability to adjust when you want to..
Me and the wife have different numbers by far. I'm at 90-100 and she's around 30 I think

I have one. I think it is pretty comfortable, and its nice to be able to adjust the softness. However, if there are two people in the bed and the sleep numbers are pretty far apart, one person ends up rolling into the middle or onto the other person. (ME!) The next bed that im buying is a temperapedic.

I bought a Comfortaire (www.comfortaire.com, which is a competitor of Select Comfort, and actually has been in business longer. They are generally less expensive than Select Comfort, and don't have the "slope" issues that another poster complained about with Select Comfort.

I don't usually adjust my firmness. I just happened to yesterday since I stayed in a hotel with a very firm mattress, and my back felt fine afterward, so I upped my home mattress by about 20 percent.

I've had mine for about 8 years, and I'm happy with it. Would I buy another one? Probably, and I'd still probably choose them over Select Comfort.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

However, if there are two people in the bed and the sleep numbers are pretty far apart, one person ends up rolling into the middle or onto the other person.

I don't get how that could happen. Our's has 2 sections that do not effect each other in any way. One side can go completely flat and there is absolutely no impacton the other side. It's basically 2 heavy duty air matresses laying side by side.

Now I could see how if they were inflated at significantly different pressures and 2 people were doing, . . . something, . . . in the middle; that might put a slant on things.;)
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley