Jay1984

Info on skydiving in California or Florida jan-feb 2010

Hello,

This is my first post on dropzone.co.uk and I really hope a few people can help.

I finished my AFF training and have done a few more fun jumps and am totally addicted like most that I meet at the drop zone.

I have decided to take jan and feb off work and spend the whole time jumping everyday I can. (ive budgeted for 150 fun jumps and 25 trainning jumps with an instructor ).

Ive never been out of Europe and this whole trip is a bid daunting to think about as im new to skydiving and have never been to the US before.

I have quite a few questions so any help would be muchly apprtetiated.

I would like to go to a dropzone that has nice weather in the jan and feb and camp if possible but is it warm enough to camp and enjoy it in California or florida?

Ive decided either elsinore,perris or z hills but am so after opinions which do you think I would enjoy the most?

Ill be on my own so I really want a drop zone where there will be people to hang out with in the evenings/close by bars which are friendly?

Any advice on the best way for me to spend the 2 months and advice would be great.

Im 25 and enjoy snowboard, juggling (I can juggle 7 balls and 5 clubs ) hanging out, going out and watching any extreme sports.

Would anyone wana show me around if I go to elsinore/perris in exchange for a few beers?

Would doing that amount of jumps in a short amoumt of time take the fun out of it?

I really am looking for a hot place where I can find it easy to make a lot of friends and enjoy being in the sun and away from the English winter.

Blue skies Jay

I currently jump around the San Diego area. Elsinore is definitely a great dropzone and very friendly.... My suggestion would be to look into Skydive Arizona in Eloy. Best place that I know of to jump in January. And there are always lots of people from other countries there so I think you would have lots of fun there.... They also have a good restaurant, good bunk rooms, and facilities (washing machines, showers). It gets a little chilly at night but it is fantastic weather during the day typically....

Anyways just my opinion!
HAVE FUN!!!

The California DZs are great in the winter - much greener - but weather is quite variable, even for our friends in the southern side. Up near SF, we have a lot of dead weekends intermixed with the pretty ones. I think you'd have to have a flexible plan to be here, able to change locations based on the weather reports/forecast. And Eloy probably should be part of the plan as they are more reliable for conditions.

The Florida folks can speak to their side.

"Warm" is relative. I'd say no, but I'm from FL. Plenty of Northerners think it's just fine.

There is a small bar at the dz in Z-hills and it's a fun dz, but it's not really a happening town. There are plenty of old folks there though! :ph34r: Will you have a car?

DeLand is another one to consider. It's a college town, so there will be plenty of people close to your age at the bars.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hey skymama,

Um no i wont have a car im going to fly over from the UK.

im thinking about maybe starting in eloy then flying over to Fl or Cali.

What would you think about that?

Im finding all of this so hard to choose anywhere but im going to have a good look at delands as well now.

thanks for your advise so far :)

G'day Jay..
I am from Atlantic Canada and I have made a shitload of trips to Florida over the last 15 years or so. I have never jumped out west yet but a gang from here have. They had an unusually cold week a couple of years ago in Arizona (froze their arses off).
I agree with the idea of checking out both east and west DZs. One thing you must realize about Florida..there are a lot of turbine DZs within a very short drive. Z-Hills, Lake Wales, Sebastion, Titusville and DeLand are all with a few hours of each other. You can explore the whole skydiving experience in that one state.

My 2 Cents
Doog
DOOG
Muff 846
All you people are here to make sure I have a good time.