eightate8at8

Get $$$ for driving me to the DZ..

Alright, it's coming to the point where I really need to get things figured out so I can purchase airfare at a reasonable price.

Short and sweet here are the facts.. I'm from the midwest and am looking to go somewhere for about a week in mid-early January. I'm open to anywhere such as eloy, perris, anywhere in texas or florida. Basically the only requirement is that they have cheap bunks for me to stay in (if worst comes to worst I can tent)

I really don't want to pay $200+ to rent a car so I would need someone to pick me up from the airport and then drive me back.

If anyone is available, houston, dallas, zhills, sebastian, eloy, etc. Let me know.. I know some are father from airports than others that's why I'm open..

Thanks guys

Right now i'm in central Florida and could possibly help you out. I'm in easy driving distance from Tampa and Orlando airports, and zhills, lake wales, and Deland (a bit of a drive, depending, but still totally do-able).
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

If you fly into Houston, let me know. Im 30 minutes from Hobby airport, and about a hour from Bush Intercontental.

I know a guy at spaceland ( which is about a hour from IAH) that rents out bunk beds for $20 bucks a night... You can give him a call at Skydive Spaceland. His name is Ron. Let him know who you are, and how long you will be staying..

Send me a PM if you go to Houston and need/want a ride
"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

Spaceland also has bunks, but a room in a house is nicer.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Alright, it's coming to the point where I really need to get things figured out so I can purchase airfare at a reasonable price.

Short and sweet here are the facts.. I'm from the midwest and am looking to go somewhere for about a week in mid-early January. I'm open to anywhere such as eloy, perris, anywhere in texas or florida. Basically the only requirement is that they have cheap bunks for me to stay in (if worst comes to worst I can tent)

I really don't want to pay $200+ to rent a car so I would need someone to pick me up from the airport and then drive me back.

If anyone is available, houston, dallas, zhills, sebastian, eloy, etc. Let me know.. I know some are father from airports than others that's why I'm open..

Thanks guys

eloy has 8 dollar a night bunks in the bunkhouse and there are quite a few people who do shuttles. PM if you want more info about the shuttles.

Bunk Beds at Skydive Dallas are free.

If the timing works, I could give you a ride.

Heck I would do it for free just for the chance to have you trapped in my truck for an hour so I could try to help you understand the canopy safety issues you have raised in your other threads.

PM me to work out details if you wish.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Bunk Beds at Skydive Dallas are free.

Yes but the OP needs to understand that SDD is only open Friday to monday at that time of the year.

Also I could give you a ride to or from the DZ if its at the right time. Between me and Jim I think we could get you taken care of, but you would prob. be better off going further south in Texas, or FL, or Cali.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Heck I would do it for free just for the chance to have you trapped in my truck for an hour so I could try to help you understand the canopy safety issues you have raised in your other threads.

PM me to work out details if you wish.

I wondered if someone was going to post something like this :P

As I said in your "Stiletto 150" thread, there are very basic reasons I wouldn't drive you to a DZ I'm jumping at:

1. I don't want you in my pattern.
2. I don't want to watch you die.
3. I don't want to watch you kill someone else in the pattern.
4. Did I mention I don't want you in my pattern?

Gee, sorry for the assholish comments. And don't be hatin'. Peace out, bro.

You guys are just so funny! :D

With very few jumps most of my knowledge is academic for monetary reasons, which seems pretty lame, I know, but I suggest you go search "stiletto" in the incidents forum.

READ THIS

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=697254;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

As bullheaded as it may seem, the advice you are being given seems pretty solid. Skydiving is way less regulated than most life risking activities. It is TOTALLY up to you to not die. And you can totally ignore sound advice if you want, no one cares about you like you do and your mom doesn't post on DZ.com.

It's your life to risk.

Would you want to learn how to fly in a Pitts? If general aviation was like skydiving you could. Even a few people would say it's a good idea.

BSR's, FAR's and good advice are all written in the BLOOD of the overeager and the ignorant. Don't be that guy. Especially, because you already told all your friends that THEY are the crazy ones and skydiving isn't THAT dangerous. If you hook in or kill someone else in the pattern you will prove them right...and miss the rest of your life.

The Stiletto has a VERY bad reputation for people with trivial experience. Proceed with caution and good luck dude. I admire the no fear attitude but skydiving is not BMX. Caution is your friend in this sport, it takes no prisoners unlike most sports. Statistically you will most likely live even if you jump it, although you will put yourself at an exponentially higher risk than you would with a normal canopy progression, which is even pretty dodgy by everyday standards for recreation, outside of soccer. Good luck, seriously, you might need it.

Good luck on the ride, that's awesome that you found a way to really live it up and are doing it, I envy that!!

Peace and Love,

D