FTP_07

Frustration......

I didn't appreciate it - and maybe he needs to be taken down a notch or two - I know several skydivers who do. Especially instructors. Everyone on here thinks they're a 'skygod' or whatever - we're all mortals here. Everyone needs to knock it off and get over themselves. I could care less about who's who in skydiving. Who gives a shit? Just so long as you can jump and learn - it's people like him and others that are similar that make newbies not even want to get out there. Thanks for that.

I realize that. There was no need for that though on his end. How else are newbies going to learn if they don't ask questions? I also realize I was in the wrong for posting his response, but maybe if he and several others who respond in a nasty tone will get the hint to knock it off and not be so hateful. There is no reason for that - especially when it's unprovoked. People can't be hateful like that and not expect to have consequences. Not everyone is going to just stand there and take it.

"Everyone on here thinks they're a 'skygod' or whatever - we're all mortals here."

Excuse me, but I take offense at this.
You were looking for a way to make some money to skydive. I alerted you to an job opening at a DZ and THIS is what I get in return?

Thanks.
May there be a low cloud ceiling every day you set foot on a DZ!

you might want to re-read your FARs..."direct supervision under a licensed rigger of the type you are packing" and since we jump backs, and most riggers in the sport are rated for back, then you need to get with a rigger on the dz and ask if they'll let you pack under their supervision.

Point being there are attitudes carried around and there is no need for it. That was not necessarily directed at just you sxc. That was towards anyone who was being nasty/hateful for no reason to anyone asking questions - especially those who are still new to the sport. Sorry to offend. Strange, but I really shouldn't be the only one apologizing right now.

I didn't appreciate it - and maybe he needs to be taken down a notch or two - I know several skydivers who do. Especially instructors. Everyone on here thinks they're a 'skygod' or whatever - we're all mortals here. Everyone needs to knock it off and get over themselves. I could care less about who's who in skydiving. Who gives a shit? Just so long as you can jump and learn - it's people like him and others that are similar that make newbies not even want to get out there. Thanks for that.

You better grow some tougher hide or you will get eaten alive in this sport. Remember you are the one looking help and answers. If you don’t like the package it comes nod, say hummm and move on. Most jumpers have better things to do with their time than cater to your needs. Just a little advice, take it or leave it.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

So arey ou as you can NOT read - I said to anyone who has been nasty/hateful.

all i read on this post is good shit till you decided to post a PRIVATE message on a PUBLIC forum...there was lots of good information getting thrown your way, instead of airing out your dirty laundry and looking like a troll, try asking him what his problem is and find out why he decided that the right reply was to be rude.

i wasnt going to post anything but....you started insulting the entire community, congratufuckinlations. what did that accomplish? bunch of people went from wanting to help to not giving 2 shits about you b/c you took a shit on the advice they gave. so i am just going to consider you a troll from now on.
IHYD

I am too old to care about defending myself, but I do like it when someone puts a little gas on the bonfire.
Here is the PM that I recieved:

"I could care less about skydiving for free - although that sounds pretty hot - I just want to jump! Don't care how or when, I just want to jump. I apparently haven't gotten it out of my system and if anything, the more I jump the worse I get about it lol. One instructor that I'm close with knows when I don't get to jump - says I storm outta there when I don't lol. Anyway - that sounds like a good way of going about it. Now the question is - how much do I charge? "

Here was my advice after reading this little gem:

"never mind you are obviously too ****ing stupid to make it through a 100 jumps. go take up bowling"

FLAME ON

I am too old to care about defending myself, but I do like it when someone puts a little gas on the bonfire.

"I could care less about skydiving for free - although that sounds pretty hot - I just want to jump! Don't care how or when, I just want to jump. I apparently haven't gotten it out of my system and if anything, the more I jump the worse I get about it lol. One instructor that I'm close with knows when I don't get to jump - says I storm outta there when I don't lol. Anyway - that sounds like a good way of going about it. Now the question is - how much do I charge? "

"never mind you are obviously too ****ing stupid to make it through a 100 jumps. go take up bowling"

FLAME ON

What did he write in his PM for you to give him such a ignorant and arrogant reply? He sounds like a newbie very excited about jumping. You sound like a skygod(not in the good sense).

FLAME ON

What did he write in his PM for you to give him such a ignorant and arrogant reply? He sounds like a newbie very excited about jumping. You sound like a skygod(not in the good sense).

If you can't read between the lines. I am sorry. how can it be possible that someone with 3 years in the sport and 100+ jumps not know what it cost to have a main packed at the DZ. this guy is nothing more than a troll, and if you can't figure that out, I AM SORRY

FLAME ON

If you can't read between the lines. I am sorry. how can it be possible that someone with 3 years in the sport and 100+ jumps not know what it cost to have a main packed at the DZ. this guy is nothing more than a troll, and if you can't figure that out, I AM SORRY

So it wasn't what he said, it's what you thought he meant to say. Gotcha. Yes, you are sorry.

I guess you missed the part where he said

Okay. So, how the hell do I get back to skydiving?

I thought I had to be licensed to pack? I mean, I have my 'A' for jumping but I thought I had to have a license to pack as well. Can you clear up any misunderstanding on that?

LOL, I bet your ex has some wonderful things to say about you

Well yes she would say....oh wait I don't have an ex unless you are referring to my girlfriend in high school. I haven't talk to her in 25 years though. I should look her up.

I noticed that you got involved in this thread, not to add content, but to say something snide to a poster. Is that who you are IRL?

Was asking how much to charge as a packer. Not how much to pay for somone to pack a rig I jumped. I know it varies but what is reasonable? That's all I wanted to know. Appreciate all the valuable advice I've gotten here - just not attitudes. Only Altitude lol. :)

It's people like yourself that are the reason this sport suffers from poor retention of students. He's a relatively new jumper, much like myself, that is excited to jump, and looking for a way to scratch together the funds to do so. Give the guy some credit, and get off your high horse.

Congratulations, you have 3300 jumps in 35 years...but with an attitude like that, I rank you right above the crusty's on the towel after cleaning up a load.

Flame on.