skydived19006

Mark Schlatter Thesis???

This has been circulating around my friends, and I was curious what's up. There was no accompanying attachment, at least by the time it found it's way to Wichita. This is the text of the email.

THE NATURE OF PARACHUTING
A Sporting Relation for the Manufacture of Human Killers

buy yours
truely
m~

Support your Cancer Doctor and the USsPAy (the sinking ship USPA). US PAY means MORE killers.
Current President - career soldier
Current Vice President - career soldier
Past several presidents - career soldier turned (according to rumor) Black Water mercenary
Past Executive Director - Colonel Retired
Current West Point Military Academy Behavioral Science Department Head - Col. Tom Kolditz, PhD, skydiver

Current 'entertainment' at many, many HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES -

United States Army Golden Grunts
best killers? ... no doubt
best skydivers? ... hardly
entertainers? ... don't be ridiculous
recruiters? .... nothing butt, nothing butt recruiters
(Your OTHER tax dollars at work.)

SO ARE YOU - a recruiter -WITH YOUR DUES to USsPAy. Sink that ship to make us grow.

The Army is keeping our sport small. This I know. This I will prove. On purpose.

luv,
slyde
903.UC1.SHOW

EFDDD
(do dem demos)
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Since he's sending this to KS folks who frequent SD Dallas, I'm going to assume that he's got ahold of the SDD email list.

So much for privacy. Maybe we can sue him for SPAMMING. File it down in Tyler, TX and collect a multi-million dollar award and we can have a Turbine in the 3-Cessna state.:)

It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

He also got a hold of the PRO Ratings Holder list and sent out some e-mails like this after his "My IndY 500" mailer.

Sad to see that he has slipped from reality, it would seem.

But to accuse the USPA and Army of these things is kind of assinine if he actually looked at the sports history I think he would find the Army has helped it grow and USPA is learning and working toward that end as well.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

He seems to have a problem with the U.S. military.

**** him. (Editted to remove potential personal insult)

He came out to my home DZ one morning a few months ago, looking to do a practice jump for a demo he was doing later in the day. Upon filling out the paperwork, the DZ checked his membership, found it suspended, and denied him jumping privileges.

He then suited up someone he brought along with him as an alternate to do the flag jump. I don't know who the guy was, but I watched him hop 'n pop from the door of the Otter, and it was rather scary. The belly-mounted flag container flopped up and down, so the jumper pulled his left hand in to hold the belly bag down and out of his face so it wouldn't flop around. Then he brought his right hand down to throw out his pilot chute. Now, dear readers, what happens when both hands are pulled down into your torso while in freefall? Yes, that's correct - you go head down! Did he stop and get stable again before pulling? No, he went ahead and deployed while head down, and I watched the bag and lines go streaming past his feet. Fortunately, the canopy opened correctly.

I guess the demo went off okay, because I didn't hear in the news of a skydiver dying at the race track.

And the organizer is the guy telling everyone else that they're not professional enough to do demo jumps...

I received that email this morning. I worked at and frequented SDD for a time years ago. That must be how he got the email addresses. I also know of the email he sent out earlier this year or last looking for PRO rated jumpers. He hijacked the PRO rating mailer list for that one too. As a skydiver, military member AND Golden Knight, I'd sure like an explanation.

Laura "Belle"

'Blue Skies'

Buff I promise he did not get the E mail list from SDD. For one if he did I would have recieved the email, but did not. There is a bigger reason i know he didn't get it from them but will not go into it here.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I received an e-mail to an address that SDD doesn't have. In fact, I'm not real sure where he got it. Although, after the threatening voicemails, text messages and e-mails he has made to various people around Texas, I did inform him that any further correspondence would be viewed as threatening and unwanted.

I don't know what has happened to this guy, I don't know this guy, but I think he should seek help and perhaps MHMR could be of use.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

In fact, I'm not real sure where he got it.

Does USPA have that email add.? I think the poster below you has the correct answer. My email is not listed with USPA so i would not have received it from that list.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Beyond being on the PRO list, I have no idea how my email got into the mix. I'd be surprised if USPA offers it out without some sort of consideration.

There's a box to check on the rating renewal regarding being listed or not.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I received this email 2 times... I'm virtually a nobody. The only common link for me is that I've jumped at SDD since 2005. I know I am on their mailing list, but like JohnDeere stated, he wouldn't have gotten the list from SDD...

unless he did it maliciously via computer hacking??? I don't know what his capabilities are.

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

I haven't gotten it at all; I feel so left out. I'm on the SDD mailing list, but I'm not in that region. OTOH, my husband got the note, and he also isn't in that region. But he used to know Mark when he was in Houston.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

What is so specail about this guy? Other than his wierd post?

He's a secret agent for the FBI sent here to in-phil-trait a roaming band of demo jumpers and take over the USsPAy. Those weird emails & post are coded text instructions to the masses or for handlers and dropbox locations.

Viva revolution!
:P

Can you image that Mark Schlatter walking in singing a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out..............

Yea, they would think he is nuts and kick him out!

But if MaRk & PoRk R EDO both walked in a did a bar, they'd think their both fag's and kick them both out!

But if THREE walked in, I mean three people, mArK, bEn & CaRy, walk in the USsPAy BOD meeting and sing a bar of Alice's Restaurant and sit down, they'd think it's a movement and that what it is my friends........ The MaRk ScHlAttEr anti USsPAy PoRk R EDO movement Massacree
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

What is so specail about this guy? Other than his wierd post?

Ketia0,

I'm only a reader in this matter and not involved, but google "Mark Schlatter Skydiving" (demo jumper website, etc) then do a Search on dropzone.com for nickname "Slyde" (the main one being this thread). It gives some background information... Personally nothing of interest to most of us skydivers like you and me who just want to continue to enjoy jumping, but my posting gives contextual information to any outside jumpers who's never heard.

And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day! I said
fifty people a day walking in singing a bar of Alice's Restaurant and
walking out. And my friends, they may think they're havin' a _movement._

And that's what it is. The Slyde vs FAA & USPA Tyranny movement, and all you have to do is sing it the next time it comes around on the guitar.B|

Rweider's link gives the info.

For those not patient enough -

Mark was unhappy that the FAA wanted to run a background check on his pilot for a demo.
He complained to the USPA and FAA and was unhappy with the results. Further complaints were intrepereted as threats by the FAA and resulted in an investigation by the FBI, and his subsequent boot from USPA.

And then it got weird.

I believe in "Illegitemi Non Carborundum", but there are limits.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo