CobraRover

Only stupid idiots jump out of planes...

or so I've been told by many a whuffo.... but we all know that a Skydiver can see the bigger picture in life, and there is no doubt about it that someone who jumps out of planes has some sort of intellectual superiority over your average whuffo. Hell, if we didn't, the majority of us wouldn't have good jobs like we do to have the cash to jump!

But I would like to know exactly what the difference is in IQ between joe whuffo and a Skydiver... or more so, I wouldn't mind knowing what the average IQ of a Skydiver is.

To take the test, go to http://www.free-iqtest.net/.

Post your score, I wouldn't mind writing a blog on this as soon as I can get some half arsed evidence together!

My one and only official test put me at 141.

Internet IQ tests (pretty much all of them bullshit) have me at a low of 126 and a high of 178.
Dropzones are terrible places for inspiration. What does one think when one looks up for a sign only to see a bunch of people falling?

148. the internet ones are bullshit though.

If someone wants to take an "official" one without finding a mensa testing facility, try internationalhighiqsociety.com. It's a group like mensa but they accept the top 5% instead of the top 2% of scores. It has some pretty tough areas, and each question is individually timed. I've even got a sweet membership plaque they mailed me!

B|:$

"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

143, that was guessing at the number sequences that i couldnt be bothered to think about

LOL - I did exactly the same thing and got exactly the same score.:D (I did feel a bit dumber for giving them my email address, though. Oh, well....I've been running low on spam anyway:S)

(deleted attachment that didn't work.)

Hi CR

Help me out am I reading your post right .

You've got 20 jumps, been jumping for less than a year and think because your a "skydiver"your intellectually superior to a non jumper.

Even worse you've appointed yourself as some kind of a spokeman for all skydivers about their intellectual superiority over non jumper's.

I don't know about who you include in your group of "we" besides yourself and the mouse in your pocket. But just in case leave me out of it.
One Jump Wonder

Hi CR

You've got 20 jumps, been jumping for less than a year and think because your a "skydiver"your intellectually superior to a non jumper.

Even worse you've appointed yourself as some kind of a spokeman for all skydivers about their intellectual superiority over non jumper's.

I don't know about who you include in your group of "we" besides yourself and the mouse in your pocket. But just in case leave me out of it.

+1

I can't stand jumpers that believe skydiving makes them a superior human being.

Take a step down off your high horse.

or so I've been told by many a whuffo.... but we all know that a Skydiver can see the bigger picture in life, and there is no doubt about it that someone who jumps out of planes has some sort of intellectual superiority over your average whuffo. Hell, if we didn't, the majority of us wouldn't have good jobs like we do to have the cash to jump!

Between THIS assumption and the wuffo's assumption, his is much more likely...by far and away.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Hi CR

+1

I have ran into many newbies that have this same impression about skydiving. Somehow it makes you faster, stronger, smarter than the average Joe.

There is nothing special about a person that skydives that would make them superior to anyone else just because they skydive.

As with all newbies, if he continues to jump, he will see things differently eventually.

Hi CR

+1

I suspect you're taking the original post a bit too seriously - reads as tongue in cheek to me. At least I hope it is!

But I would like to ask the original poster - if you get the upper range values in your poll to make sense, is that a sign of above average IQ? :P

Amazing, everyone that answered so far is in the top 0.5% of the accepted IQ distribution. I call bullshit, I've been to speakers corner.

The test doesn't take time into account. It probably accounts for age, so all of the post-adolescence people getting answers correct will have very high score regardless of the time.

The most legitimate IQ tests consider time. We're all pretty decent at detecting patterns. The more easily and quickly you can do it, the higher your IQ. Also, since IQ has been tied to one's upbringing and social status, it is no surprise that people who use the internet and make enough money to skydive regularly will have better IQ scores.

Now, very few of us should have gotten anywhere near the "gifted" range, but it is more likely for it to happen here than it is when sampling a bunch of Walmart employees.

A side note, the SAT is very similar to an IQ test. Perhaps we should be comparing those scores instead.
Dropzones are terrible places for inspiration. What does one think when one looks up for a sign only to see a bunch of people falling?

Hi CR

+1

"WE" can fly........."THEY" can't!:)

Yes, there is either an incredibly disproportionate number of extremely intelligent people in this forum, or there are factors gumming up the results - most likely improper administration.

132 puts a person in the top 2% of the population. Been a while since I looked at the numbers closely, but I believe somewhere in the mid to upper 140's puts a person in the top one-tenth of 1%.

Being a pop-psych internet version, not being administered by a trained proctor, not being officially timed or measured by a 3rd party, etc makes the results very suspicious.

If anybody wants to take a real one; buy one from a bookstore, hand it over to someone who will follow the testing rules to a T, then let them administer. Those results should be pretty accurate. And you won't get spammed.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley