OMGjump

Tandem Jump

:) Tell me about your first Tandem jump. Did you decide to go AFF or never jump again? Thank you ahead of time for your answers. :)
Once you have flown, you will walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been, there you long to return.
-Leonardo de Vinchi

go watch before your jump day, if you can. You will notice that all the tandem students land in ecstasy.. not one of them will be crying !!! get it ? you will love it. ( watch youtube videos if you like, also, but get to the DZ ).

is there a wind tunnel you can do first ? it is helpful.

go watch before your jump day, if you can. You will notice that all the tandem students land in ecstasy.. not one of them will be crying !!! get it ? you will love it. ( watch youtube videos if you like, also, but get to the DZ ).

im her nephew lol

:D:D:D

but seriously i am:|
Why not?
My direction in life is up...then down again REALLY REALLY FAST!!!
Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
D.S. #55

I have been to a dz watching my nephew jump. My favorite part was watching the tandems land with the smiles from ear to ear. I have seen all ages do the tandem! They are why I want to do a tandem. I have been on youtube watching those to. I can't seem to find anything that looks like it would be more fun than jumping from a plane!
Once you have flown, you will walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been, there you long to return.
-Leonardo de Vinchi

im her nephew lol

but seriously i am:|

ok, he is my nephew! I only claim him because he is a skydiver! :o
-Leonardo de Vinchi

:S That is what I am afraid of! Where would I find the money for the jumps? I am married so I can't work on a corner! lol (too old and ugly also) ;)
-Leonardo de Vinchi

Your tandem set-up sounds similar to mine. Except four friends became two and even they were hesitant. Two seconds out of that plane and I knew I had to do it again! Within two months, I'd finished AFF.

This is fairly impressive for a girl who went to the dropzone with her boyfriend and his little brother saying "Never, not on my life" and left thinking "I have to try that or my life will not be complete." :) Enjoy!

im her nephew lol

Mikie Briles you got me again !!! I was going to tell her....... 'just dont end up like our buddy Briles.. one tandem jump and........ NOW LOOK AT HIM !! EVERYTHING IS JUMP JUMP JUMP !! ALL THE TIME !!!':)

im her nephew lol

Mikie Briles you got me again !!! I was going to tell her....... 'just dont end up like our buddy Briles.. one tandem jump and........ NOW LOOK AT HIM !! EVERYTHING IS JUMP JUMP JUMP !! ALL THE TIME !!!':)

Dude for the record i never did a tandem :|
Why not?
My direction in life is up...then down again REALLY REALLY FAST!!!
Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
D.S. #55

Hi s-girl,

This is fairly impressive for a girl who went to the dropzone with her boyfriend and his little brother saying "Never, not on my life" and left thinking "I have to try that or my life will not be complete." :)

When I read something like this is when I still realize that this is a great sport.

BTW, my daughter's name is Erin. :P

JerryBaumchen

I decided to never go tandem, and went straight for AFF, right from the get-go! ;)

me too ... I accompanied a friend of mine (fresh off AFF) my first time at the DZ just to hang out and watch but after watching all the people falling out of the sky and hearing the furious flutter of the canopies I knew that once I start I wont be able to stop. I planned to save up for the entire A license package but it took me a long time to just save up for my entire AFF package, that I decided to just start AFF and will figure out how to fund post AFF later ...

With regards to Tandem jumpers, I love talking to the folks that come through the DZ. their enthusiasm and novel outlook on jumping seem to just seep into my day and make jumping even more fun.

even though one of them may have to push me out of the plane. :$

I've been yelled out and even pushed out of the plane and both have been quite memorable jumps LOL ...
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...

I have been away from the forum but have not given up the idea of a Tandem!:$ I am planning on it this spring. My husband is proud of me for wanting to do a Tandem. I still say they will have to pry my fingers from OPEN door on plane. :D I want to jump from the plane so bad and enjoy the freedom of the freefall. My nephew says there is nothing like it! (Michael Briles) Thank you for all the answers to my thread. They are an inspiration to me.

-Leonardo de Vinchi

I have been away from the forum but have not given up the idea of a Tandem!:$ I am planning on it this spring. My husband is proud of me for wanting to do a Tandem. I still say they will have to pry my fingers from OPEN door on plane. :D I want to jump from the plane so bad and enjoy the freedom of the freefall. My nephew says there is nothing like it! (Michael Briles) Thank you for all the answers to my thread. They are an inspiration to me.

my only thoughts while on the ride to altitude were, "oh my god im fucking retarded". then when the little green light came on and the first person went, my only thought was "HOLY SHIT THAT GUY JUST JUMPED OUT OF A PLANE!!! :o". seriously. lol :)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.