f1racer696

jumping out of personal planes?

I've jumped out of a cessna with an upward door, and another one with no door. I didn't know they usually opened like car doors. What if the pilot has to bail?

Here is a picture of a Cessna with the door open the way they are normally set up.

I don't think you are going to find to many pilots(if any) that wear bail out rigs (unless they are doing aerobatics) when flying for the fun of it. So bailing out is a moot point.

i dont know. like what can you damage? ive never even been close to a cessna so idk what there is to mess up

The vacuum alone, of a body gettin' sucked out the door can just play hell with the Flux Capacitor...:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Can anyone find the pic of the Cessna with half of the side missing from a premature? Or maybe a tail strike pic?

Not the same as that but......I was flying a rented 172 once, a couple of guys talked me into letting them jump out. We didn't have a jump door, just the regular door which opens like a car door.

I told them I would give them hard rudder to block some of the air so they could open the door a little easier. I also told them that when they are opening the door to push against the frame of the door not the window. I guess they thought that was just a suggestion.

The second guy out pushed against the window and POP,a nice chunk of window went flying. Luckily for me I came up with a good lie to tell the FBO(they bought it) and the guy that did the damage paid for all the repairs. They still let me rent their planes. :)

USPA has some nice pictures of N3855G a U-206 that a friend took the side off. The least experienced jumper with over 100 jumps wouldnt leave at 2500 feet so the pilot had to land with 3 on board with aeliron and throttle all he had left.
Anyway a Cessna can be jumped even with a passenger in the right seat door on and wheel pants.Guesstimate your spot, have the seat forward face backwards. When its time a little right rudder push on the door and stick your left foot on the normal step .It holds the door push your shoulders through and lean forward actually towards the tail and gone.Doing a twoway out of a Mooney is a little
harder.
Just to let you know a property permission to land doesnt mean a thing if local ordinances will over ride it.Most places wont go along with"If I were to jump ,would you be mad"? Then do it anyway.
I know of one pilot doing time for not telling who his jumper was that went into Yankees Stadium. Would your pilot do that?

There have also been cases where local police have brought criminal charges like reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct against the jumper. And, if you don't have permission of the landowner, you could also get hit with a trespass charge.

And... ummmm... contempt of court if you refuse to identify the pilot who let you jump. B|
Owned by Remi #?

I've jumped out of a cessna with an upward door, and another one with no door. I didn't know they usually opened like car doors. What if the pilot has to bail?

Planes that are set up for aerobatics with standard doors have quick release pins on lanyards in lieu of pins in the door hinges. Things go bad, pull the lanyard, yanking the pins out, and then kick the front of the door. ;)

I once jumped from the back seat of a friend's Centurion. Left aileron, right rudder, shove the door open and jump through the crack. I thought I'd lose a shoe but no worries. You really, really need to watch your handles when you climb out of tight squeezes like that.

i dont know. like what can you damage? ive never even been close to a cessna so idk what there is to mess up

The vacuum alone, of a body gettin' sucked out the door can just play hell with the Flux Capacitor...:)

I got my Flux Capacitor stuck in a vacuum one time, what a mess.

Can anyone find the pic of the Cessna with half of the side missing from a premature? Or maybe a tail strike pic?

im pretty sure the question he asked was what can you damage on a cesna WITH OUT hitting it, anyone and their dog could figure out that you'd damage the plane if you hit it on exit :P

try again :)
Jump more, Bitch less.

im pretty sure the question he asked was what can you damage on a cesna WITH OUT hitting it, anyone and their dog could figure out that you'd damage the plane if you hit it on exit :P

try again :)

how can you damage the plane by jumping out of it? unless you like hit the tail or something?

Maybe you should reread what he actually asked.

The incident I am referring to was a premature deployment that happened when a pilot chute got out the door and the jumper was pulled through the side of the aircraft. The damage was substantial and had nothing to do with hitting the tail. Well, he may have hit the tail after he was pulled THROUGH the side of the airplane.

I think my comment was relevant, unlike yours.

haha true, sorry i just scrolled up this thread, and actually dont even remember reading the post about posting pics of a premature. my bad :$ must of overlooked it. haha, and yes, they are quite similar, i kind of know the kid.... haha

oh dude DUde DUDE BRO DUDE. omg DUDE! ummmmm. i forgot....

Dudeist Skydiver #61

Maybe you two can do a Mr. Bill together.

haha. looks kinda cool, but more importantly, looks like a really bad/stupid/dangerous idea.

as i read in that thread, by the time i have enough experience to do a Mr. Bill, im probably not gonna want to do a Mr. Bill. ;)

oh dude DUde DUDE BRO DUDE. omg DUDE! ummmmm. i forgot....

Dudeist Skydiver #61