joshpannell

Skysurfing?

It's going to be tuff to find anyone still doing this, depending on where you're located. Maybe in California, or at least at some windtunnels they use boards. From what I understand it's a very advanced technique that requires a boatload of experience to do "safely". At the very least, it's not something you should be attempting for quite some time.

Hope that helps.

-If you want more info, try using the search function to see what people have said in the past about this subject.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Hi all. I'm working on finishing up my A license and got to wondering. Does anyone out there still skysurf or is that a pretty much dead sport now? I haven't seen or heard of it since the early 90s. The USPA list it as a style still. Just wondering if anyone is still doing it.

We have a jumper here in Idaho who skysurfs and watching him get ready to jump out of a 182 is quite a sight.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

All the good skysurfers are dead...if that tells you anything.

I don't think it does. Patrick de Gayardon died in a wingsuit accident. Rob Harris died doing a stunt for a Mountain Dew commercial and, while he was skysurfing, it was far from an ordinary skysurf jump. Who am I missing?

All the good skysurfers are dead...if that tells you anything.

Not true... Tanya and Craig O'Brien are doing just fine and have two beautiful little girls.

Lew, really, Tanya a good skysurfer?:P;) She is great and single handedly killed the sport because the boys were tired of having a 100lb dynamo kick their asses!

I think Oliver Furrer is still alive!

The odds of winning gold at nationals is a little better when there are only a couple of people competing. :P Next time you see Oliver, ask him for an autographed picture of himself. He will give you one even if you don't ask for it.:D