BillyVance

Nashville TV News story on Skyride

OK great every body has a "weather" refund policy except AST RIGHT!

Yep, it appears that your slyride DZ and the other Cary owned DZ's are the only ones who refuses to give a customer their rightful refund when situations occur that are out of the customer's or the DZ's control. I guess the customer is not able to receive the services that they paid for, so they are penalized for the weather not being favorable.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

here is a direct quote from six flags

"INCLEMENT WEATHER
For your safety, certain rides may need to close during severe weather. Most restaurants, theaters and shops will remain open. Rides will re-open as soon as possible. Refunds and rain checks are not offered for inclement weather."

they dont even offer rain checks. You are just stuck with a whiney kid and no chance for redemption.

I hardly think a DZ's raincheck policy is enough to say its a unethical place. Concert tickets are the same way you get a raincheck and if you cant make it when its rescheduled you are screwed. At least the skydiving raincheck is flexible with dates.
Its not a uncommon practice. Not only in skydiving but other businesses too. and from what i understand that policy is pretty clear when they purchase the jump.

ONce again hardly enough to bas a DZ over.

I went to one DZ in florida that charges people 5 dollars to watch landings. I think that is tacky but just my opinion.

Oh yea and six flags doesnt give a shit if its your kids 12th birthday

Although the news story may have focused on the weather angle, it still doesn't excuse Skyride's tactics/method of doing business, as a jury found in favor for Skydive Arizona in their lawsuit against Skyride.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

well thats true. htere is no doubt that they have done some shady shit. Of course it wasnt all illegal but most def some questionable shit.
If they are advertising in Nashville area and jumping in the area then I dont really see where that aspect of their business is wrong or a scam. I have heard some good things about that DZ and the work they do so I hate to see them hurt by this if they were misrepresented. I think for the news to say its a scheme is over the line. I'm sure they do all they can to jump as much as possible. DOesnt every DZ??? I mean they are skydivers

If they are advertising in Nashville area and jumping in the area then I dont really see where that aspect of their business is wrong or a scam. I have heard some good things about that DZ and the work they do so I hate to see them hurt by this if they were misrepresented.

Remember that I posted this link http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Tennessee-Bristol/Bristol-Tennessee-skydiving.html earlier in this thread, This proves that they are not content with advertising in their market area, they want to do as much injustice to as many people as possible. ie; The Bristol and East Tennessee area is not their area as there are several DZ's in the immediate area to serve the people who live in that area, so why do they have to market that far away? One word,,, "SCAM"!

What about these?
http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Kentucky-Richmond/Richmond-Kentucky-skydiving.html
http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Kentucky-Frankfort/Frankfort-Kentucky-skydiving.html
http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Kentucky-Ashland/Ashland-Kentucky-skydiving.html
http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Kentucky-Somerset/Somerset-Kentucky-skydiving.html
All are at least 4 to 5 hours of driving.
And especially these, isn't this what they lost in Arizona over? You know there's DZ's there (Operating or not is irrelevant)
http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Tennessee-Sevierville/Sevierville-Tennessee-skydiving.htm
http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Tennessee-Tullahoma/Tullahoma-Tennessee-skydiving.html
http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Kentucky-Elizabethtown/Elizabethtown-Kentucky-skydiving.html
http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Kentucky-Russellville/Russellville-Kentucky-skydiving.html
http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Tennessee-Morristown/Morristown-Tennessee-skydiving.html
http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Kentucky-Lebanon/Lebanon-Kentucky-skydiving.html

If they aren't stopped soon, they will advertise to have an AST location everywhere from Florida to Alaska!

Notice the sentence I added the bold attribute to, You can't say we are doing it to them, they doing it to themselves.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I see that the AST peeps have launched a vicious email campaign against the news lady that broke the story.

How juvenile. :|

You're wasting your time, it ain't gonna work.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Must fine by every one else and the law.
The only peopel who have an issue is you and the people you dupe in to following you.

Thanks though you keep us entertained in between loads and during weather holds. You know those things that happen when you go skydving? oh wait never mind you have to jump to know that, forget it.

Might as well respond to your PM here as your account is set to not receive them.

Nope, not a rumor. I don't know specifics, but have been in direct contact with the newslady only after the story broke, and was told her email box was getting deluged with hate mail from many different email addresses. I can only surmise that this is the work of a few individuals who are computer saavy. I have had several attempts to access my computer as well from an unknown source, but luckily my AVG blocked them.

The only people who have an issue is you and the people you dupe in to following you.

That's funny, maybe you should do your homework. If you had, you would know that I did't come in to this issue until long after everyone had already been here for at least a couple of years, so I guess I would be considered to be the "New Guy" here. So, based on that, how can you think that I "Duped" anyone in to following me?

And how can you explain the websites that I posted in post #82? I can, SCAM!!!!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

well I know alot of DZ's that advertise 4-5 hrs away. the website says the location. well I looked and i think it says Clarksville. They are now in waverly it looks like. But the two are only like 30 miles apart according to google maps. so not really deceiving. Probably just lazy to change the site. I think earlier some staff said they drove 5 hrs to work. So its not like they ask anyone to do something they wont do themselves.

I dont blame them for emailing the reporter. If they felt lied about i'm sure they are upset and they should email her. I dont think a few internet savvy people are the only ones capable of using a email account. Perhaps a lot of jumpers there really feel wronged and are passionate about this. Hardly think this is a juvenile act. Apparently you emailed her too Billyvance so is that juvenile as well? I think the jumpers at that location have every right to voice thier dislike. And defend "their" side of the story. If you dont believe that then why do you feel you have the right to contact her. Afterall were you affected by it? Obviously you dont jump there so I dont see where your involvement is more justified than theirs.

Seriously....I was kind of with you guys on this skyride thing but after seeing more of your arguments and post, Im starting to think that the only ones that are juvenile are........well......I think you know what im saying.

Here's the deal, that story ran because people here got screwed and one was not even a Skydive, it was a Balloon Ride. The reporter got the story because the people who were interviewed went to her with their problem, Actually, they went to the "ITeam" and the story was assigned to her because she had ran the original story when someone went whining to her with wild claims that were basically "Clarksville is picking on us". No that's not the quote that they said, I don't know what was actually said, but that's what it summed up to.
She did her homework, found the Georgia AG and BBB stuff, The consumer affairs reports here in Tn, and some of the news reports around the country and decided that the story was verifyable and that she could report the truth about the company's Fraudulent and Desceptive business practices. You know as well as any that there is no shortage of information about sLyride and their Family Tree, (ASC, AST, Thrill Planet, Luxergy, etc). So all the emails that Billy posted about were from the supporters that are doing business as usual, diligently trying to put up their normal smoke screen to decieve someone (The reporter) into believing they are a good, upstanding company.

We know different.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

well I dont disagree with you about all the aspects of skyride. But i disagree with you about the validity of your claims about the DZ in the nashville area. I dont see how someone that is not personally involved nor has witnessed anything first hand can speak intelligently or accurately about the actions or intentions of a DZ.

I guess we will just disagree on this aspect of the skyride family of businesses. It seems to me that even if skyride or any Cary owned businesses tries to do something legitimate that you guys will not praise them for it. Or even recognize a legitimate attempt to "clean" a business. You only try to twist it into something that its not.

Just looks a little dirty to me. Maybe you should consider that perhaps your actions have helped force a clean up. That is a victory! Your push to further pursue a legit DZ is tacky and juvenile. Plus it hurts the sport. It looks a lot like jealousy at this point. From the previous bickering between you and the AST people it is implied that you are associated wit a competing DZ in the area that might have failed. Is this about skyride or is it sour grapes??

Far too much damage has been done to the sport at this point for us to just set back and welcome a Cary affiliated business with open arms. We are here to "nip this in the bud" before it starts. If you have done your homework on the business practices and the track record of sLyride, you will have no problem understanding what it means when we expose their shit and why we do it. Anyone who is on our side of this issue knows that they will start out trying to look like they are good, then the scamming will start later. History proves it. This current news story proves it.
This whole thing is not, and let me repeat this, IT IS NOT AN ATTACK ON A DZ, it is an unending effort to keep crime out of Tennessee and hopefully, one day, out of Skydiving.
As I have said before, if the DZ were owned by Mullins or Curly or someone else, I'd probably be jumping there myself and promoting it.

We have been accused by you and others of trying to hurt the sport, I will answer that by making a comparison; How many other companies who offer access or supposed access to Skydiving have had as many bad news stories, Litigation and well as Legislation brought against them?
The comparison; NONE!
So how is informing people about a company's track record hurting the sport? By allowing it to continue, the damage far outweighs the good.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

So let me get this right. So far the DZ has not shown any intentional malice or "scamming". But you are out to stop them because you speculate that eventually they will start scamming people?? Sorry but that makes no sense. I dont think that your speculation on possible future activities of a DZ is good cause to harrass them. It actually might land you in some trouble at some time.
How much of this negative press is spurred by you? Do you contact news stations? I mean im just guessing you do.
Think of it this way. If they are successful without scamming then why would they start? Especially knowing that they will instantly be exposed. Also after all the legal trouble do you think its possible they are going to do things right eventually. I mean since they know they cant get away with it any more.

My point is that you are attacking a DZ before it even does anything. You are pre-accussing them.
That makes no sense and doesnt ad any credibility to your claims. All these years people want skyride associated businesses to clean up. So when do they get a fair chance to do so?

Saying they will start scamming later is not a valid reason to smear a DZ. Quite frankly it sounds totally illogical and unreasonable.

Like i said you guys are losing me on this particular skyride argument

Apparently, you did not read what I said, It's not the DZ, it just happens to be a DZ that they set up here, if it were a Hot Air Balloon ride center or what ever they call it in that venue, we'd be doing the same thing.
If Cary makes money off of it, we are looking at it and exposing anything that happens and educating the public about the scam.
I can see where you or others can think that we are attacking a DZ, but like I said, it's the company, not the DZ. I will say just as others have, having an active DZ here in the Nashville area is a good thing, but NOT a sLyride DZ. I'm not sure what your thoughts are on the whole issue, but it sounds like you may be starting to believe them when they try to claim that the DZ and sLyride are not affiliated and are not the same company, but anyone here will tell you, they are definitely the same.
As for the scam continuing, Cary himself said it best, "He has no intention of changing anything about the way he runs his business because he makes more money that way" (source; page 6 of Skydive AZ v 1 800 Skyride verdict) so what makes you or anyone else think that this DZ in Waverly is any exception to that quote?
Billy, Chris, Pops, myself and others included have told the supporters here that if they don't want to catch the shit that Cary causes, they need to consider who they are associated with and go to their local DZ to operate.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I think what Jumpdude is trying to say here is that in spite of the attemps by the AST supporters to separate AST from 1 800 Skyride, it can't be done because they are still owned by the same person, CQ. I do see his point about not being a DZ attack, but he just did not say it in a way that was easily understandable.
Note to Jumpdude, You are making good valid points, but slow down a bit, and make your point clear so we don't have to read it multiple times to understand what you are trying to say. Your last few posts, I have had to read 3 or 4 times to understand what you were saying.
You're hanging in there and sticking up for what is right, which is respectable, but overdoing it will not help as much as making sensible, easily read posts.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

it is an unending effort to keep crime out of Tennessee and hopefully, one day, out of Skydiving.

Thank you, Batman :P

As I have said before, if the DZ were owned by Mullins or Curly or someone else, I'd probably be jumping there myself and promoting it.

Which is what we're doing. The DZ is straight, despite having the same owners as skyride. It makes perfect sense if you oppose skyride and vote with your dollars elsewhere. Blaming a DZ for a problem with skyride, however, is like blaming a hotel for problems with Orbitz. Now obviously it is slightly different because orbitz doesnt own hotels, however, in this specific instance, the complaint against the DZ could have happened at any DZ that accepts the GC's. Further, weather holds happen to all DZs.

If a jumper who bought a skydive through skyride had a problem with the DZ and wanted a refund, that jumper needs to go to skyride. The DZ doesn't have the jumper's money until SR reimburses the DZ for the gift certificate after a skydive is made. A skydive was not made, the DZ did not keep the GC, jumper needs to get $$ from skyride.

Now, getting that refund from SR would probably prove to be difficult, but the DZ can't do anything about it. All the DZ can do is refer the jumper to another dropzone that accepts skyride gift certificates if the jumper choses not to jump at the initial DZ for whatever reason; which is what the DZ did. The DZ CAN NOT give a refund on money not collected.

If she had gone to the DZ and purchased a jump from them directly, she could potentially negotiate a refund if the DZ wanted to. That said a DZ can not fix skyrides' problems, plain and simple. So focusing attention on the DZ doesn't do anything for your ends, jumpdude, it just makes noise and hurts skydiving.

So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Hmmm, lets think about this. If people were getting screwed by Orbits,like lets say you made a reservation with them,they took your money but when you got there you had no room. People would be pissed and the hotels would quit doing business with Orbits. That is happening with Skyride and alot of DZs.

But if Orbits owned the hotels,Hmmm...that changes everything.The hotel staff could stand at the counter and say,"We are really sorry. It really sucks that terrible company took your money."

there adds them selves are
dropzone attacks......"The Skydive Tullahoma experience is the safest skydiving adventure that you can have in Tennessee. Our skydiving professionals are the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable professionals in the skydiving industry."

We know the latter is false since the only people working for SlyRide are not considered professionals in our sport. Rather unethical scum who will soon succumb to the fall mighty gavel.B|

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

Hey chris I have hotel room I can rent you cheap near Fitzgerald for your boogie in march. The price is only 12000 per night 3 minutes from the DZ. you will take it?? great. Oh yeah it is in lodi California so I mean really close. No you cant have your money back I did not screw you. you are responsible you should have known I misrepresented everything because thats what every DZ does.

Thats their defense to their actions and no one here is so stupid that we believe they are acting in good faith toward any potential customers.>:(

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

Dude your an idiot. Look at the last part of your precious law. There is a grandfather clause in it. Sounds to me like you read it as good as you read that little tidbit about A/C maintinence and had a plane crash at you reputible DZ...which BTW is advertising for Nashville yet is in KY....and its not even OPERATING! Douche. Bag.