ntrprnr

Buying Z-Hills Jump tickets online

Hey gang - Quick q that I'm sure can be answered in about two seconds... I just bought a block of 20 tickets through skydivecity.com's online store - Assuming I just show up and give them my email or name, and they give me 20 tickets? All I got was a receipt saying "hey, we took your money."

Assuming it's fine, and I just show up - just curious. Anyone else bought jump tickets online at Skydive City?

Thanks! Can't WAIT for the boogie! Woot!! :)

Your money is on account. Not sure what more you would want. Neither they nor you will lose any paper tickets that way. If you do ask for paper tickets save the receipt as it may be required for refund of unjumped tix.

Have fun!!! I wish I could be there too.

jon

Your money is on account. Not sure what more you would want. Neither they nor you will lose any paper tickets that way. If you do ask for paper tickets save the receipt as it may be required for refund of unjumped tix.

Have fun!!! I wish I could be there too.

jon

Sweet! So it's like The Ranch, all on account! That 100% makes it all good - Didn't know Z-Hills went to an account format - last time I was there it was still paper tickets. All questions answered, all issues solved. Thread can be killed, I can fly to Florida without worry. :) Sweet.

We do require paper tickets at Z-hills.
Reprints for lost ones are not an issue as they are still in the system.
Peter, see the lovely ladies in manifest when you arrive and just ask for your block of tickets. They'll look you up, check your account, and print your tickets.
They'll also require you to update/re-sign your waiver, get a gear check, and check the reserve card.
Then it's on!
B|
I look forward to seeing you soon brah - it's been awhile!!!
:)

Yes, tickets are obsolete. Even the small DZ's use computers and what if a jumper looses their tickets? What a waste of paper
Maybe time for ZHills to upgrade, the programs for keeping track of accounts is pretty cheap.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Yes, tickets are obsolete. Even the small DZ's use computers and what if a jumper looses their tickets? What a waste of paper
Maybe time for ZHills to upgrade, the programs for keeping track of accounts is pretty cheap.

Actually, I think ZHills has the best combo of account/tickets I've seen. Each ticket is individually printed with the jumper's name and a bar code. Once it gets used, it's no longer valid. If it doesn't get used, it's still valid. So if I lose tickets, I just ask to have them reprinted. For load organizers who are turning a lot of groups, it's got to be a lot easier to collect a bunch of tickets than to write down names, hope you've spelled 'em right, and get money taken off of all those accounts correctly.

There's definitely benefits and drawbacks to both systems - I like the fact that ZHills has combined the best of both worlds.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Actually, I think ZHills has the best combo of account/tickets I've seen. Each ticket is individually printed with the jumper's name and a bar code. Once it gets used, it's no longer valid. If it doesn't get used, it's still valid. So if I lose tickets, I just ask to have them reprinted. For load organizers who are turning a lot of groups, it's got to be a lot easier to collect a bunch of tickets than to write down names, hope you've spelled 'em right, and get money taken off of all those accounts correctly.

There's definitely benefits and drawbacks to both systems - I like the fact that ZHills has combined the best of both worlds.

Start Skydiving in Ohio has a RFID card for jumpers to manifest themselves. The organizer just takes the cards, swipes them all and manifests them all on screen for them to see. It has a balance restriction that kind of annoys me, but hey, thats not too uncommon.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

You don't like it that the system won't let you keep jumping when you are negative or about to go negative on the balance? :P Typically that is when I am told to get off the load and to go to work :D

The system Start uses actually is getting some major upgrades including the ability to check your balance from any of the Kiosks, the ability to see your account online and I guess they are looking to be able to add funds directly online too (so you can add money right from your paycheck :P)

I've been at a DZ that used paper tickets and lost a few tickets when I left them in jumpsuit pocket and ran the suit int the washing machine with out clearing out the pockets. I was out a few tickets since all the stuff ended up being a big ball of paper. The DZ gave me credit for the 2 they could see the info on still but that was it. The DZ was still using paper manifest and had no real records of ticket purchases and usage.

Paper tickets should hopefully be done here in the next year or two at most DZ's.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I've got ancient tickets from old and defunct dropzones gathering dust in the bottom of my gear bag. Don't most of us?

I used to take my paycheck to manifest and they'd advise me when it was gone. Couldn't have been easier. I did my own accounting via log-book entry.

jon

Actually, I think ZHills has the best combo of account/tickets I've seen. Each ticket is individually printed with the jumper's name and a bar code. Once it gets used, it's no longer valid. If it doesn't get used, it's still valid. So if I lose tickets, I just ask to have them reprinted.

Thanks for clarifying that, it makes sense now.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime