WooHoo

Outrageous Set UP

I have recently returned from Indoa, and whilst in Goa I saw a beach launched parasail set up. I was amazed by the steering method, and given that the canopies were in the sun most of the day, I felt this could be an accident waiting to happen. I havent aclue about the wing loading, and i guess the speed of the boat would make a difference.

So my question does this look safe and normal? What do you imagine the wing loading could be? and as the wind is always from the sea, if the boat lost power how fast would they land.

Here is the link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukFYvAmFxzs

not sure how to make it clicky.

Happy Holidays folks. Alas I got the shits in India big time so it didn't work out as happy holidays for me :o) but boy did I lose some weight

First of all round canopies do not have a wing loading. They are measured by rate of decent with X amount of weight. Next ParaSails are not made of the same material that sports parachutes are. It is a much heavier nylon almost like a parapack and it is coated with a rubber like substance that protects it against UV rays and the salt water. The steering is similar to what old time rounds had “back in the day”
If the boat loses power over water they will get wet, if it loses power over land someone’s going to the hospital.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

If the boat loses power over water they will get wet, if it loses power over land someone’s going to the hospital.

Sparky

I got a funny SpongeBob type cartoon vision of a boat loosing power over land.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley