scholarkyle

Any Skydiving Christmas Presents??

Anyone get any skydiving gear for Christmas? My (non-skydiving) parents got me an Optima audible. Yippee!! I'd asked for one and Mom told me not to count on it--so I was pretty tickled when I opened my "biggie" this year. That's like 8 skydives saved!! Must have been a good boy this year. Anyone else?

I got a rig, new mini risers, new hackeys for the pc's, The Parachute and its Pilot, Terminal Velocity (the shitty movie), and a Suunto watch with altimeter, barometer, temp, and compass. I must have been insanely good this year...... That or I just dont have anything else to spend my $$ on while I'm in the desert.;)

EDIT: Does it count if they're presents from yourself?

Muff #5048

I bought myself an Atom Legend R, I just have to wait for about 4 months for it to arrive.

I guess you were really bad this year.

That is so funny because it is true. Didn't know what that was off the top of my head but man, if you are buying from new, why not get something good instead?

http://www.dropzone.com/gear/Detailed/291.html

Fuckers, just because I shagged Mrs Santa:D The Atom Legend R is an Awesome rig, and I am giving them a chance. Less people buying an Atom, the more chance they have of going under so I am supporting my European counter parts:) I reckon I will have it in 4 months time, I will keep you posted. If I do more people should start buying themB|

The best cold weather gloves ever, to replace my current worn out set.
Made by Black Diamond, model Torque, made for ice climbing and mountaineering.
High grip, thin PVC palm and inner fingers, insulated back side.
Great grip and feel, and by turning your palms rearward, very warm under canopy.
From my sister
Oh yeah, and the new Bevsuit I bought myself....
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

Less people buying an Atom, the more chance they have of going under so I am supporting my European counter parts

Do you know why GM went into bankruptcy? People were not buying their product. Ford F150 trucks have been #1 in sales for the past 30 years. If people continue to buy it, companies tend to stay in business in making them.

Javelin and Wings are predominant around these parts. Javelin's take 8-10 months to get a custom rig because they are #1 is sales world wide. Dolphins are good containers too, they only take 5 business days to ship out. If all you want is time to order (like the Mirage adds poke fun at Javelin that you can make a baby in the time it takes to get your Javelin) then dolphin is for you :)

If nobody is ordering Atoms AND they take forever to manufacture..... maybe it is time to get your deposit back and rethink your purchase.

I would look up the Atom Legend R history to get an understanding of why the delivery time is so long. No one doubts that the Atom Legend R is one of, if not the best container on the market. It's just their custom service that lets them down, and that's why they get bad reviews. B|:)

I would look up the Atom Legend R history to get an understanding of why the delivery time is so long. No one doubts that the Atom Legend R is one of, if not the best container on the market. It's just their custom service that lets them down, and that's why they get bad reviews. B|:)

I disagree. I would doubt the Atom Legend R is the best container on the market. I haven't jumped one but I seriously doubt it's the best out there considering it doesn't appear to be in high demand.
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

I disagree. I would doubt the Atom Legend R is the best container on the market. I haven't jumped one but I seriously doubt it's the best out there considering it doesn't appear to be in high demand.

The wait was a long time... But the container i got is bullet proof, My rigger at point Zero has one, and despite being ginger, knows what he's talking about...

Mines as comfy as you'd expect for a custom made rig, i'm hoping not to ever buy a new one again, but if i did, and the waiting time was better, i would not hesitate...

I got Moon boots for christmas, i don't think thats skydiving related. i guess i could wear them whilst skydiving if it got really cold!!