skycc

need warm gloves for short fingers/small hands

I need to find a way to keep my hands warmer for winter jumping, I'm an organizer and so it's a bit harder to just not jump if it's cold. I'm one of those with extremities that get cold easily, and my hands are so small I normally jump with youth large size batting gloves. I can squeeze some ski liners underneath, which seem to be about the same as the latex gloves, but that isn't even enough when it's cold.

I've read a couple of posts about the neoprene gloves..do they make those in kids size or very small womens size? If so, where I can I get them? Cost?
Other ideas??

TIA!

it's also important to keep your core warm. you'd be surprised how much difference it would make. i used to jump in this gloves: http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3652849. with a thin liner they were warm enough for new england winter.

liners make huge difference too - it's better to have two layers with the same overall thickness as one thicker one.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

Some great suggestions here...

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3735062;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

I use Kevlar reinforced motorcycle gloves because they are designed to allow you complete control of your fingers. Very good, but a little too light for MN winter jumping.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I need to find a way to keep my hands warmer for winter jumping, I'm an organizer and so it's a bit harder to just not jump if it's cold. I'm one of those with extremities that get cold easily, and my hands are so small I normally jump with youth large size batting gloves. I can squeeze some ski liners underneath, which seem to be about the same as the latex gloves, but that isn't even enough when it's cold.

I've read a couple of posts about the neoprene gloves..do they make those in kids size or very small womens size? If so, where I can I get them? Cost?
Other ideas??

TIA!

What do you consider cold?

I use neoprene when its below freezing on the ground but recently I found some super warm but thin gloves (Seirus Innovation Hyperlite) in a sporting goods store and now I use them most of the time in winter.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I use under armour glove liners under batting glovers. Works well. That and remember to constantly clench and unclench your hands under canopy to keep the blood flowing. Having your hands above your head under canopy drains all the blood and they feel colder. Keep moving your fingers and they will feel noticeable warmer.

if you want a quick, cheap option, use latex (or the non-latex versions if you're allergic) hospital gloves under your football/baseball ones.

Yes, your hands will end up a little sweaty, but they will not be frozen and you don't give up any feeling like you would wearing thicker gloves.

I'm super paranoid about thick gloves and not being able to pull, *and* i have tiny hands, so this is the solution that works best for me.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I like winter football gloves with glove liners. As far as the gloves, Neumann are my favorite brand (but they're expensive) but I've had pretty good luck with Square 1's Brand X gloves as well. The winter gloves are noticably warmer than the summer ones..

I also have small hands that get cold easily. The Neumanns come in youth sizes. I just bought new gloves this weekend, you might want to look into Look-Ma's as well. (thats what I bought.)

I like winter football gloves with glove liners. As far as the gloves, Neumann are my favorite brand (but they're expensive) but I've had pretty good luck with Square 1's Brand X gloves as well. The winter gloves are noticably warmer than the summer ones..

I also have small hands that get cold easily. The Neumanns come in youth sizes. I just bought new gloves this weekend, you might want to look into Look-Ma's as well. (thats what I bought.)

I currently wear the Neumanns in youth sizes, but have only found the summer weight ones (which I wear glove liners under in the winter). Do they make the winter weight ones in youth sizes as well? The website I usually order from doesn't carry them.

I currently wear the Neumanns in youth sizes, but have only found the summer weight ones (which I wear glove liners under in the winter). Do they make the winter weight ones in youth sizes as well? The website I usually order from doesn't carry them.

You know, Im really not sure. I dont like them, so I havent really looked into it. I do know that the gear store at zhills didnt have any of the winter weight ones. So I guess it's very possible they dont make them.

Gear store in Z-Hills? No, I guess a gear store in Florida would not necessarily carry winter weight gloves. Why not try a sporting goods store? You'll have a much better selection at a better price. Women and young people participate in winter sports and need gloves too.

Yes, your hands will end up a little sweaty, but they will not be frozen and you don't give up any feeling like you would wearing thicker gloves.

To add to this. Your hands WILL sweat regardless of the glove. Latex gloves keeps that sweat from getting into the fabric and freezing.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

My better half brought me a pair of thinsulate lined, extrmely very supple leather gloves designed with winter horse riding in mind.
I couple these with silk base layer gloves available at most good motorcycle shops.

Warmth with feel;)

.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.