slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

I think it was Jumpdude that posted some of their websites for stuff like Shark Diving and Cruise Ships, and I believe that if I interpreted those posts correctly and what he was saying in them, is, there's a lot more to 1 800 Skyride than just skydiving, and unless everyone started fighting them on the grand scheme of all those venues combined, the idea that we are not accomplishing anything would possibly be a true statement.
If you guys truly want to do something about Skyride, you're going to have to combine your efforts with some heavy hitters from those other venues. Call Princess or Celebrity and see if you can get them onboard (No pun intended).
Think about this, How big is the Skydiving community compared to the people who take cruises or do the racing schools. Jumpdude said that he thinks that the Skydiving venue is a small part of the whole 1 800 Skyride realm, and I think I will have to agree with that. The only reason that Skydiving appears to be what 1 800 Skyride is, is because we are Skydivers and they are imposing in to our world. I too, think we need to take the blinders off and look at just how big 1 800 Skyride is. I think that a lot of you would be astounded when you realize that.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

I think it was Jumpdude that posted some of their websites for stuff like Shark Diving and Cruise Ships, and I believe that if I interpreted those posts correctly and what he was saying in them, is, there's a lot more to 1 800 Skyride than just skydiving, and unless everyone started fighting them on the grand scheme of all those venues combined, the idea that we are not accomplishing anything would possibly be a true statement.
If you guys truly want to do something about Skyride, you're going to have to combine your efforts with some heavy hitters from those other venues. Call Princess or Celebrity and see if you can get them onboard (No pun intended).
Think about this, How big is the Skydiving community compared to the people who take cruises or do the racing schools. Jumpdude said that he thinks that the Skydiving venue is a small part of the whole 1 800 Skyride realm, and I think I will have to agree with that. The only reason that Skydiving appears to be what 1 800 Skyride is, is because we are Skydivers and they are imposing in to our world. I too, think we need to take the blinders off and look at just how big 1 800 Skyride is. I think that a lot of you would be astounded when you realize that.

You are absolutely right. Although they got started in this sport, they have expanded into other areas. Even if we get them out of skydiving, they will still be running scams in the other venues.

For now, I would be content with kicking their sorry asses out of this sport. Granted, easier said than done.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That user that you guys are replying to is undoubtedly one of their damage control experts. If history is repeating it's self, I will bet it's Chuck Owen or Jeff Fincher or one of those other guys. If it is, the mods will get them.

So what you are saying is that this discussion is broken into two groups: you either agree or disagree and there is no room for neutral feedback, and if you would happen to side with skyride the mods will take care of you? This means that the moderators are bias and seems that this site is governed by the chinese government. I understand that skyride have screwed some people. Do i think its worth writing 36 pages of post about it? NO. Are you going to accomplish anything with these post? NO.
Am i Chuck Owen or Jeff Fincher? NO

That user that you guys are replying to is undoubtedly one of their damage control experts. If history is repeating it's self, I will bet it's Chuck Owen or Jeff Fincher or one of those other guys. If it is, the mods will get them.

So what you are saying is that this discussion is broken into two groups: you either agree or disagree and there is no room for neutral feedback, and if you would happen to side with skyride the mods will take care of you? This means that the moderators are bias and seems that this site is governed by the chinese government. I understand that skyride have screwed some people. Do i think its worth writing 36 pages of post about it? NO. Are you going to accomplish anything with these post? NO.
Am i Chuck Owen or Jeff Fincher? NO

I think they meant if you are hiding your identity to further your own cause then the mods will take care of it. There are ASC and/or Skyride supporters here.

As for the neutral position on this issue...

Personally I believe it falls under the quote

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

If you think they are doing wrong then we need to speak up. If you feel they aren't doing anything wrong then you support them by default.

I agree to an extent, but posting to complain about other people's posting sure as hell doesn't get anything accomplished either. If you don't want to read 36 pages of posts, don't. That simple.

I myself find it interesting to see how much the company has actually grown. And posting to this thread will keep it high on the list. It stopped me from going to a skyride affiliated dz, as I'm sure other people have been saved the same way.

I'm only 1 person, but that's less tandem money in their pockets. I think that is a positive step in doing something about skyride. Telling everybody they're wasting time by posting, while you do it yourself, has no positive result of any kind.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

I know the subject of Skyventure possibly building a Wind Tunnel in Nashville or other cities is being discussed in the Wind Tunnel thread, but this one needs to be in this thread. It looks to me like sLyride already has a 106 Wind Tunnels in Tennessee. Here's some of the sites that describes it.
http://www.windtunnelskydiving.com/locations/tennessee/Tennessee-Nashville/Nashville-indoor-skydiving.html
http://www.windtunnelskydiving.com/locations/tennessee/Tennessee-Chattanooga/Chattanooga-indoor-skydiving.html
http://www.windtunnelskydiving.com/locations/tennessee/Tennessee-Knoxville/Knoxville-indoor-skydiving.html
http://www.windtunnelskydiving.com/locations/tennessee/Tennessee-Memphis/Memphis-indoor-skydiving.html

And here's one for Keithbar, it's right by your house dude!
http://www.windtunnelskydiving.com/locations/tennessee/Tennessee-White_House/White_House-indoor-skydiving.html

Here's the main locations page
http://www.windtunnelskydiving.com/locations/tennessee-indoor-skydiving-locations.html

Well,,,, The scam continues!
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I agree to an extent, but posting to complain about other people's posting sure as hell doesn't get anything accomplished either. If you don't want to read 36 pages of posts, don't. That simple.

I myself find it interesting to see how much the company has actually grown. And posting to this thread will keep it high on the list. It stopped me from going to a skyride affiliated dz, as I'm sure other people have been saved the same way.

I'm only 1 person, but that's less tandem money in their pockets. I think that is a positive step in doing something about skyride. Telling everybody they're wasting time by posting, while you do it yourself, has no positive result of any kind.

I know from reading this thread it saved me from getting scammed fron slyride and my DZ don't take there GC!

What Can We Do About Skyride ?

Be patient even when it isn't your strong suit.

Stand in the fire for what you believe in even when others don't agree.

Check your motives and then do the next right thing even when people are trying to discredit you.

Be part of the solution.

This is a PM from Jeff Fincher that was in my inbox when I returned from the holidays. I tried to reply, but apparently he has his settings set to not accept messages, so I will respond here. My response is below the message.

Date Sent:
Dec 30, 2009, 9:53 AM
just wanted to say that its a little wierd how much you and your friends stalk me. I am keeping good records in case i need it for future legal actions. I'm sorry you dont agree with my style or judgement when it comes to tandems but my decisions are based off my experiences and ideas on safety. I am comfortable and competent with that exit. It promotes a student arch and is never more than 90 degrees from relative wind. Its almost exactly like poised exit except for the initial 90 degree rotation. If student doesnt arch it is same result as a poised exit with a non arching student. Tandems are about awareness and action. Sorry you dont understand the physics like I do. Everthing I do has reason and is calculated. Just because you dont understand doesnt mean it doesnt make sense. Now please stop stalking me and at least get your info right. I know you guys twisted that cat aids thing into something it wasnt and I'm not sure why you guys keep saying I jump with animals????? Thats a rumor that you guys started and believe. Show me where im responsible for jumping with any live animal???
Furthermore if you have problem with me quite being a weasel and a bitch, just confront me in person or arrange a meeting with me. I will be glad to meet you to work out your issues, otherwise I would appreciate you staying the fuck out of my business. That goes for your insane friends too.

thank you,
Jeff

i'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down

see you in hell bitches

(My response)

1. Nobody is stalking you, as I have said before, you have made yourself "the face of 1 800 Skyride" and you are stuck with the burden of catching their shit. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.
2. Don't allow yourself to be in a "legal" situation and you won't have to worry about keeping records.
3. These links will assist you with your infinite knowledge of Tandems, http://www.uspa.org/SIM.aspx, http://www.uspa.org/AboutSkydiving/FAAUSPA/FARs/tabid/205/Default.aspx, or if those don't help, maybe you should consult your Instructional Rating Manual. In addition, there's some informative sections in all those publications that cover cloud clearances.
4. As for twisting the Cat Aids thing, NOT SO! Your DZ's own website had it posted before the event and after it on there that you guys "Raised a great deal of money for the Clarksville Humane Society". Now I can't help it if the Clarksville Humane Society got wind of your boogie, joke or not, they saw it on your own websites AND your Myspace/Facebook profiles, and was able to go after the involved parties. Again, if you can't take the heat, get the fuck out of the kitchen!
5. As for your last paragraph about arranging a meeting, that somewhat sounds like a threat or something, but I'm sure you will come back and say that was a joke as well. And "My Friends" may be insane, but at least they are not in denial! If you would be interested, I will be glad to look up the nearest "Denial Crisis Center", I'm sure there's "A location near you" because they have a National chain of them! Just give me your credit card information so I can charge a cancellation fee, weather insurance fee, and oh, let's not forget the all important Airport Landing fee for the BIG airplane.

And what benefit is there to burning down someone's packing tent? And finally, as for "See you in hell bitches", I guess it takes one to know one?????

Show me where im responsible for jumping with any live animal???

So if it wasn't Fincher jumping with a live chicken in freefall when you guys were at Pell City, who was it?

No wonder you guys move around so much.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sounds to me like a guy is trying to privately and assertively ask you to leave him alone while respecting your differences in opinions, yet you don't want to leave him alone and want to keep at him and do so publicly.

Might be a bit on the obsessive side.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I have to admit it does seem so.

If he'd man up and admit he works for a Skyride-owned DZ instead of trying to deny he "is Skyride", he wouldn't catch so much shit on here.

Sounds to me like a guy is trying to privately and assertively ask you to leave him alone while respecting your differences in opinions, yet you don't want to leave him alone and want to keep at him and do so publicly.

OTOH. . .he made some assertions, offers & statements that clearly should be addressed, yet he blocked the ability to be able to recive that, in a like manner to which they were made.

I see nothing egregious in replying to the comments here as the topic has been discussed and is related on some level, though be it a somewhat distant one.

Obsessive no, through and reactionary perhaps...but I kinda like that in a Skydiver! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

this is ridiculous! I cant believe the moderators let this go on.

I dont even know you guys and you attack me personally???? Because I jump at a Cary owned DZ?? How petty of you!

And now Jeff Napier aKA jumpdude is threatening me on here about my hawks??? Why do you want to start trouble for me in my personal business?? That doesnt even have anything to do with skydiving. AND yes you do need a permit and I HAVE ONE fuckface!! And if you try to touch or harm my hawks your ass will under arrest so quick you want even know what happened.
I cant believe you would get on here and threaten me like that! You have never even met me! What the hell is wrong with you people??
Yes I do tandems for a Cary owned DZ......so what? Its where I like to jump...how does that hurt you? I think I have the right to make that decision for myself. Afterall, its my life....now stay out of it.
The legal records I'm talking about are the ones I'm keeping for when I sue you guys for harassment! Napiers little threat he just made is a good example of your intent to damage me for no legitimate reason. STAY OUT OF MY LIFE!!!!!! If the moderators let this continue i will be very disappointed.

And NO it wasnt me jumping with a live chicken.... thats a story that you guys started. I shot video for a "chicken" jump. But I never handled a chicken in freefall. I did what any other skydiver would do if someone jumped out with a chicken... I videoed that shit!
i'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your packing tent down

when I sue you guys for harassment!

For someone who tries to act all big and tough all the time, you sure do bitch and whine alot :S

IMO it's a bitch move to send out private messages but not allow incoming ones. That makes for a really difficult debate, which I get the feeling you want. Maybe if you allowed the topic to stay in PM's then this wouldn't have happened.

I seriously doubt jumpdude is going to show up at your house and steal/kill/molest your hawks so I wouldn't worry about that.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

What "threat" was there? Did I miss something? I think he merely asked if you still have your Hawks. Looks like friendly conversation to me.

To the contrary, it does appear the you threatened him without just cause.

And wouldn't videoing the Chicken jumps be the same as participating in or at least promoting or exploiting cruelty to animals? Nobody accused you of that, You admitted it yourself dude!

You guys are whacked out and pitiful. Anyone that spends thier freetime stalking me is a sad individual.
And yes a little scary. kinda flattering but im scared of anal raping.
I deleted my last post cause its not worth it. I have other things in life to do
enjoy your hatefulness and misery
i'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your packing tent down