slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

The Military Survey is still valid and the Demo Team has used the Airport with no Private entity DZ there for at least nine years now. So those two elements are unaffected, the weekend DZ was affected.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

So you wouldnt of even had that buisness come in if it wasnt for SR investing a lot of money into there advertising.

Bullshit - if SR's bogus website hadn't been there, the customer would have found a website for a DZ that actually EXISTS in the area they live in.

What you MEANT was "SR wouldn't have gotten that business if it wasn't for SR advertising".
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Well it would appear your wrong.

Again.

Are you a military jumper? Are you involved with the scheduling and approval of military jumps at that airport?

If not, I think matthewcline has a bit better handle on the situation than you do.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Your right...SR wouldnt have gotten that buisness if it wasnt for SR. But either would that DZ. I think you fail to see the fact that SR brings buisness to DZs that didnt advertise well enough. If SR brings a DZ buisness from some where 3 hours away then so be it. The local DZ didnt do a good enough job of advertising plain and simple.

Aside from the past shady buisness practices SR is a good idea. Its a national advertising company for skydiving. Its good for the sport. Its good for local DZs that do not have a big budget to advertise with. Yeah. SR takes a cut but what do you expect? SR advertise for free? They are the ones trying to spread the word. They are the ones footing the bill for national advertiesment. They are the ones bringing the DZs that except their GC more buisness than they would have had anyways. Other people agree with me as other national skydive call centers have sprung up.

Aside from the past shady buisness practices SR is a good idea.

I agree! You're starting to make sense. I hope skyride gets shut down and the owners go to prison. But if they had just chosen to operate skyride without deception, theft, lies, extreme prices, and asinine fees, they'd be brazilionaires by now because it's a great idea.

You should hope that when skyride does go down, the DZs don't go with it. Unfortunately, they're the same company so that probably won't happen.

Dave

I think you fail to see the fact that SR brings buisness to DZs that didnt advertise well enough. The local DZ didnt do a good enough job of advertising plain and simple.

Being that SR has thousands of websites for everything under the sun, It shows that they are only trying to dominate the web market.

If SR brings a DZ buisness from some where 3 hours away then so be it.

3 Hours? So be it? Did they do the customer that drove 3 or more hours, passing other DZ's any justice?

Aside from the past shady buisness practices SR is a good idea.

You're getting the idea

Its good for the sport Its good for local DZs that do not have a big budget to advertise with.

Refer back to the 3 hour drive.

Yeah. SR takes a cut but what do you expect? SR advertise for free? They are the ones trying to spread the word. They are the ones footing the bill for national advertiesment. They are the ones bringing the DZs that except their GC more buisness than they would have had anyways. Other people agree with me as other national skydive call centers have sprung up.

Skydiving companies do not have National locations, so why advertise as such?

Back to the DZ advertising budgets, There should be no reason for any DZ in the us to have to have more than one website, but since SR is in the picture, I know of several DZ's here in Indiana, Illinois and Ohio who have multiple sites just to compete with SR. Hence, running up the advertising budget. Senseless to be forced to do that.

Instead of listening to what your DZM and Staff tells you about AST, ASC and SR, maybe you should do a bit of reseach, just Google 1 800 Skyride Scam, then ask yourself Who would you believe, one or two people, or 3440 online references with accurate information about the company that you defend?
Here's the Clicky, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=1+800+skyride+scam&btnG=Google+Search&rlz=1W1GPEA_en&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

It's Business, not Buisness
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

It's Business, not Buisness

Or prehaps in this case it's Bruisness

Edited to add: I know there's no such word:P

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

Your right...SR wouldnt have gotten that buisness if it wasnt for SR. But either would that DZ. I think you fail to see the fact that SR brings buisness to DZs that didnt advertise well enough. If SR brings a DZ buisness from some where 3 hours away then so be it. The local DZ didnt do a good enough job of advertising plain and simple.

Nope - you can't prove that the customer wouldn't have found the dz on their own, sorry.

Its a national advertising company for skydiving. Its good for the sport.

Good for the sport? Lying to people and ripping them off is good for the sport? In WHAT fucking alternate universe?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Other people agree with me as other national skydive call centers have sprung up.

Agreed. And if they don't steal other people's property, don't falsely advertise, don't defraud their customers and don't misrepresent themselves, I'd be just fine with them.

>Other people agree with me as other national skydive call centers have sprung up.

Agreed. And if they don't steal other people's property, don't falsely advertise, don't defraud their customers and don't misrepresent themselves, I'd be just fine with them.

Amen

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Ok, back in 2003 BEFORE I started jumping I did an internet search for skydiving and one of the first links that came up was for a skyride website. I looked at it and even thought about calling them but I did a little more research and found that the 2 (at the time) local skydiving centers offered a MUCH cheaper rate and BOTH had a warning about Skyride posted.

Since I've been jumping (and traveling) quite a bit I've gotten Ad's from my different hotel programs about using points for things like skydiving, airplane rides, ballons, stock cars, rafting and such.

It seems to me that anyone that looks can find a better deal (and see the complaints about skyride).

Personally, my work keeps me pretty busy, then I'm beat when I get off so the chances of me jumping out of town are pretty slim BUT I would pick the next closest DZ that did not take skyride GC's just because I see that they maybe could have taken me for more money than I should have paid for my first jump.

I have heard stories of people showing up at a dropzone that did NOT take skyride GC's, the DZO told them about Skyride, then actually gave the person a free tandem.

There are lazy (or dumb) people out there that will always click on the first link, or maybe it's easier to call a 800 number, the people that run skyride know that but they could have taken a few minutes and used their own pictures and maybe posted locations. (one of the reasons that I did not use them. I want to know where I'm going and check a place out BEFORE I spend my money.)

Everyone else, I know that there is SOOO much more to it than that, BUT, that was my story.

Your right...SR wouldnt have gotten that buisness ... I think you fail to see the fact that SR brings buisness to DZs that didnt advertise well enough. If SR brings a DZ buisness from some where 3 hours away then so be it. The local DZ didnt do a good enough job of advertising plain and simple.
... Its a national advertising company for skydiving. Its good for the sport. Its good for local DZs that do not have a big budget to advertise with. Yeah. SR takes a cut but what do you expect? SR advertise for free?

Then tell them to start paying for the copyright images they use without permission - in other words STEAL.
If it's fair for them to profit in the manner they do, why don't they share their profits with photographers.
Any other legit advertising company would NEVER steal images from a photographer in a national effort. If they did they would get their asses sued off.

And if they are such a stand up company then why did the state of Georgia find them guilty of improper business activities in May 2007 and find in favor of of a fine over $21,000?

Sue them for copyright theft of photographs, graphics and likeness of registered businesses and take some more of their "hard earned" profits.

certainly making an effort to get his/her point across. aside from the standard innaccuracies that this thread is loaded with, it looks like a second grader put it together.

This must be from the same person:

http://realultimatepower.net/

Best take a look at some of those SR sites - you know, the ones for however many states that has the SAME student and instructor doing a tandem.... they must really get some good frequent flyer miles to be able to hit all those different DZ's, don't you think?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

What is illegal about that? If they stole the images that is one thing, however being that they are a national company advertising skydiving it makes perfect sense logically and legally to me... skyride does not own or operate any DZs that take their certificates so they dont have any reason to make their sites all that complex and varied. B&C own 2 or 3 Dzs, skyride owns none, let alone every DZ that accepts or has accepted the business they funnel.

Furthermore, my point was the anti-skyride website was written like a preteen not getting his/her way, pretty funny. Better call whine-1-1 and bring the waaambulence!
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

What is illegal about that?

You're asking what's illegal about claiming to do business in areas they don't do business? I'm not a lawyer, but you can read all about it in the Skydive Arizona court documents. Pretty sure the court documents also spell out pretty clearly that Skyride == Ben&Cary == ASC == Igovincent == all their other aliases. It's all the same.

Dave

well andy, for other reasons that was my nickname in college, though i may as well retain it for skydiving with my head down speeds...

anyway, dave what youre responding to is not what I was talking about. using the same pictures on different sites owned by the same person or group is perfectly fine.

That is all, I will shut up now as at least you are focused roughly on the proper issue pertaining to the thread.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

>This must be from the same person:

Well, not really. See, the same person created both websites. But since they went through different ISP's and are using different hosting sites, they're not the same person any more. Through the magic of Internet Obfuscation(tm) the exact same person, running two different operations, becomes two DIFFERENT people, each separate from the other, each having nothing to do with the other. That way the people who like one website and not the other need never admit to themselves that they are in any way related.

using the same pictures on different sites owned by the same person or group is perfectly fine.

No, it's not. They are claiming the aircraft, facilities, and people pictured on their sites operate at those locations. Those aircraft, facilities, and people not only don't operate at those locations (since there are no dropzones at those locations), they don't operate at any location affiliated with skyride. That's deception. It's lying. And once again, the court documents prove it to be illegal.

I'll stay on topic if you do too. Your topic is defending the people that work and jump at dropzones owned by skyride. Don't try to defend skyride itself... it's not happening.

Dave