slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

Isn't everyone tired of speculating about whether or not this cat aids boogie gave money to the HS or animal shelter? My girlfriend works for the paper and she thought it would be a cute feel good story. so interview set up to have HS rep go and receive the proceeds from the event holders plus photographer to get the hand off. Or if it didn't happen, maybe it'll be a good story about fraud. either way it ought to be fun.
Chuck, TC, Mike at outlaw, you shouldn't have tried to keep this wonderful event from the public. My old army buddy works in the city attorney's office and he loves animals too so he thought he'd come along.

TC, you slay me. Loving roadkill. Reminds me of my three year old nephew, eating his boogers which freaks my sister in law out.

Forgive me for bringing up old news, but, I noticed that Loneflyer did a post a couple of months ago, then Jumpdude got in there and replied, then the post got removed and he asked why, Billyvance said that it was just "hidden". Then I later learned that Loneflyers post was "Irrelevant"
Well, A couple of weeks ago, someone posted a thread in the Bonfire that was a newspaper article about the operation over at Clarksville attempting to conduct their "Cat Aids Boogie" (?) and having raised funds for the Clarksville Humane Society, then they didn't hand over any money until they were pressured to do so.
From what I read in the post by Loneflyer before it got removed, it looks to me like that information was VERY relevant because it offered proof that they did not give any money up as advertised, (???). Here's the link to the newspaper article, check it out and see if you agree. http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20090321/NEWS01/903210341/1002/rss

I guess that Skyride and company feel that they've reached their maximum ability to abuse humans and have decided to branch out and abuse the rest of the animal kingdom as well. With all the students they've put into trees, their abuse of plants is well known, so look out, bacteria: you're next! (Though at least there, Skyride will be on a level playing field!)

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

I guess that Skyride and company feel that they've reached their maximum ability to abuse humans and have decided to branch out and abuse the rest of the animal kingdom as well. With all the students they've put into trees, their abuse of plants is well known, so look out, bacteria: you're next! (Though at least there, Skyride will be on a level playing field!)

There's always orphans... ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I thought the boogie was hosted at AST and not at skyride. Come to think of it, I've never been to skydive skyride, can you tell me how to get there so I can check it out?
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Just call their 1-800 number...I'm sure after they take your credit card number, they'll find an associated dropzone 'just down the road'(tm) from you.

Don't forget to pay extra for the 'big plane' and 'extra altitude', and make sure you get the 'weather insurance', too.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

In the very last paragraph you see this sentence: "'We don't condone any cruelty to animals,' Owen said."

With a history of taking various wild animals up and subjecting them to freefall, this just does not compute... :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I thought the boogie was hosted at AST and not at skyride. Come to think of it, I've never been to skydive skyride, can you tell me how to get there so I can check it out?

http://www.cataidsboogie.com

Clickified...

Hmmmm..... looks like somebody's beaten them to the punch.

:D:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

huh... so you're telling me skyride is not a dropzone and the boogie was hosted at an actual dropzone. I'm not quite following what the Cat Aids boogie @ AST has to do with skyride the organization other than the fact that one of skyride's assets hosted an event, i don't really understand how you guys are correlating the two organizations- in this case as skyride putting on some kind of show, when in fact, AST had a boogie.

I understand the owners of skyride are the owners of a few DZs, but they are all seperate businesses.

example- i work for a hotel chain that is owned by the private equity Blackstone Group which also owns other businesses like houghton mifflin and the weather channel. Additionally they own other hotel chains such as red lion or La Quinta. I still work for my hotel company and have my checks cut from my hotel company, and run promotions and marketing for my hotel. In fact, we compete with other assets within the blackstone group portfolio. I am not an employee of red lion, the weather channel, or more importantly Blackstone group itself.

Sooooo, what does cat aids boogie @ AST have to do with skyride?

edit: Billy, who are you to judge cruelty on those videos? In my opinion that chicken had the time of its life! it was flying for the first time ever! It got a free tandem! Is it cruel to bring dogs on skydives which has been done numerous times at numerous DZs? or does cruelty only apply to chickens and dead squirrels (hawk/falcon food)?

edit #2: Hmmmmmm, after reading the OP, it makes me wonder if any of this recent information is relevent to the thread and should be deleted since this is for skyride issues, not fundraising boogies that didn't raise much money.
So there I was...

huh... so you're telling me skyride is not a dropzone and the boogie was hosted at an actual dropzone. I'm not quite following what the Cat Aids boogie @ AST has to do with skyride the organization other than the fact that one of skyride's assets hosted an event, i don't really understand how you guys are correlating the two organizations- in this case as skyride putting on some kind of show, when in fact, AST had a boogie.

I understand the owners of skyride are the owners of a few DZs, but they are all serperate businesses.

example- i work for a hotel chain that is owned by the private equity Blackstone Group which also owns other businesses like houghton mifflin and the weather channel. Additionally they own other hotel chains such as red lion or La Quinta. I still work for my hotel company and have my checks cut from my hotel company, and run promotions and marketing for my hotel. In fact, we compete with other assets within the blackstone group portfolio. I am not an employee of red lion, the weather channel, or more importantly Blackstone group itself.

Sooooo, what does cat aids boogie @ AST have to do with the skyride?

The way I see it, we are looking either or all of 4 situations here,
(A) They have brainwashed you into believing that the two are not affiliated.

(B) You know that they are and you are just doing the sLyride thing and trying to deflect, divert, distract.

(C)OR, You are just misinformed and find it hard to see through all the bad press, court cases, consumer affairs complaints and even the most recent Clarksville Newspaper report about your "Cat Aids Boogie".

(D) ALL OF THE ABOVE!

My final Answer is; D! All of the above!

What do you think Billy?
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

You hang out at a DZ that is owned by crooks. Either live with it or stop going there. You're not going to change anyones mind here.

I for one want your DZs to remain open so all of the people that think Ben and Cary are ok will stay there and hang out together.

I understand the owners of skyride are the owners of a few DZs, but they are all seperate businesses.

1-800-skyride has never been a corporation in and of itself.
It has always been a DBA that has been passed around several closely held corporations owned by Ben Butler, Cary Quattrocchi or both of them.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Exactly my point! They are all different organizations. I've never disputed that there have been shady practices that have happened with skyride, i dont know the fine detials to determine if legal boundaries were crossed, but they were definitely nudged.

Now, what i find hysterical is that so many people on here can't decipher between DZ antics of dropzone staff and fun jumpers and actual 'line walking' by skyride.

A bunch of sophomoric idiots that I call friends throw a boogie for themselves and whoever feels like showing up. They try to raise a little money for a cause that they tacked a funny name too and ran with, the money exchanging gets delayed and they end up receiving very minimal contributions, less than anticipated, and suddenly the evil skyride is at it again!

Skyride has NOTHING to do with the cat aids thing other than being guilty by association. And with regards to cat aids (aside from being a very serious epidemic, use bleach!!!) what do you expect an impromptu boogie at a small dropzone to produce? thousands? it was a boogie first and fundraiser second, not a fundraising boogie.

They threw a party to have some fun, they poked a little fun at the misfortune of some cats and tried to give a little back for doing it. Please enlighten me on how saint like you all are to be able to get up on your anti-cat aids anti-skydiving animal pedestals...

Now brace yourselves for this- there are actually good people that jump and work at dropzones owned by skyride/skyride owners. It's like you all think there is this huge conspiracy that any staffers and fun jumpers from these dropzones get together and scheme how to screw everyone over on a daily basis. All that is really happening is we just have fun skydiving and partying together like any other DZ. But somehow, we're these banished outcasts because we jump at places founded by skyride and it's owners (who are only guilty of bending the rules a little anyway). All that BS doesn't concern any of us in the first place, because we just want to have fun and skydive together- you guys are invited too!

Am I ever going to change anyone's mind? NOPE!!! But when the ridiculous begins to spiral out of control I'm gonna comment and let you know what is REALLY happening from 'the inside.' Whether you choose to believe it or not is a personal issue.
So there I was...

OK,,,,, If it was a "Fundraiser",,, Where's your permit to hold a "Fundraiser", or Benefit or whatever you want to call it.
As I understand it, the city of Clarksville requires anyone who is planning a Fundraiser to obtain a permit AND the advertised recipient be notified BEFORE for such activities are to be conducted.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

>there are actually good people that jump and work at dropzones owned
>by skyride/skyride owners.

Of course there are. They are getting tainted by association.

An example. You buy a brand new rig from The Excellent Gear Store. Joe takes your order on the phone, Jason places the order, it comes in and Jerry ships it out to you. You get it - and the main parachute is used! It looks like it has 1000 jumps on it. You call them and Jerry says "hey man, I didn't order the thing." Joe says "Hey man, I didn't place the order; I just work here answering phones." Jason says "what the fuck, man, not my problem; I didn't see it when it came in."

You jump it and the canopy blows up. This annoys you. You go to the DZ where the gear store is and they are jumping like crazy. You see Joe, Jerry and Jason, and tell them you think they were dishonest with you. They tell you "Dude, we're just having fun skydiving and partying together like any other DZ. Come jump with us! Have fun and don't be such a jerk about it."

Would you take them up on their offer? Or would you "get up on a pedestal" and want them to do the right thing and fix the problem?