slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

There are many great historical examples of advocates for change standing resolutely for their cause, through thick and thin, sometimes for many years - only to finally change the hearts and mind of those that they had long opposed.

I would rather stand resolutely in the fire taking the hard right than the easy wrong.:)

Interesting:

Skypapa, by replying to this message as you have, you admit to apologizing for fraud and condoning theft.

Thank you for taking responsibility for expousing a negative point of view.

Since your cause is now an admitted fraud and thief why should law-abiding and honest people have anything to do with them?

What is your problem with me? I am not who you think I am. You do not know me. I am voicing my opinion.

Name one forum rule that I have broken.

Being an apologist for fraud and condoning theft of copyrighted images SHOULD be against the rules.

But it's not. And that is why this such a beautiful community. You should thank Sangiro for allowing varying opinions of all types.

Mike Ashley
D-18460
Canadian A-666

>:(If we can get everyone that wants to stop skyride dead in their tracks to Report them to http://www.ICANN.org. ICANN is Internet Corporation of Names and Numbers. They are the TOP controlling authority over domains and the use of. They will investigate the way skyride is using their domains and once they have found fraud, they will turn off their websites and possibly take away their domains. ICANN has that kind of power.
The important thing is that if someone files a complaint with ICANN, is to makes sure to add as much information as you can. Especially add as many of their domains as you can. Add the details of how they are marketing those domains and add their business practices and they way they get credit card numbers before they give a location.
Another very important detail to add is the legislation that Skydive Arizona has against them as well as the state of Georgia and any other legislation that may be out there.
Also add the links to the news media reports that Gephart (CBS, Utah) and Randy Travis (Fox, Atlanta) ran on skyride.
If ICANN gets enough complaints containing valid details and information, they will launch an investigation to stop the fraud.
If we can all pull together and innodate ICANN with as many complaints as we can, this be the feather in our hats to finally get rid of the cancer that is give our sport a black eye.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

The idea is that since everyone has been trying to get them to quit doing the fraudulent and unethical stuff, and they are not going to stop, it's time to go straight to the source of the domain. ICANN has the power to put a stop to it, but it will take a few hundred reports and complaints to get their attention. It's not a question of IF they can be stopped, it's just a question of HOW?
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Nope, I don't think I came up with a solution, just an idea that MIGHT work if enough people get onboard. The whole idea is probably has less chance of working than winning the powerball, but it's an idea.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Nope, I don't think I came up with a solution, just an idea that MIGHT work if enough people get onboard. The whole idea is probably has less chance of working than winning the powerball, but it's an idea.

You are trying to fix something that is not even a problem to begin with.

Ever heard the phrase "if it aint broke dont fix it" ?

Whoops! I slipped up and replied to Skypapa... I see after going back and reading the other posts, and noticing at the bottom of his posts that he is a skyride supporter, maybe even MR. Skyride himself. The only reason we would not know who he is is because he won't come out of his cloak.
He may even be the guy who got my original post in the General forums locked.
Just another cancer in the skydiving world! He's probably someone who works for either skyride or works for a DZ who accepts skyride's bullshit vouchers.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Whoops! I slipped up and replied to Skypapa... I see after going back and reading the other posts, and noticing at the bottom of his posts that he is a skyride supporter, maybe even MR. Skyride himself. The only reason we would not know who he is is because he won't come out of his cloak.
He may even be the guy who got my original post in the General forums locked.
Just another cancer in the skydiving world! He's probably someone who works for either skyride or works for a DZ who accepts skyride's bullshit vouchers.

Or she/he could be someone pretending to be, just for shits and giggles. One clue is that skypapa already has another dz.com account, and this is his/her alter-ego. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>:(If we can get everyone that wants to stop skyride dead in their tracks to Report them to http://www.ICANN.org. ICANN is Internet Corporation of Names and Numbers. They are the TOP controlling authority over domains and use of. They will investigate the way skyride is using their domains and once they have found fraud, they will turn off their websites and possibly take away their domains. ICANN has that kind of power.
The important thing is that if someone files a complaint with ICANN, is to makes sure to add as much information as you can. Especially add as many of their domains as you can. Add the details of how they are marketing those domains and add their business practices and they way they get credit card numbers before they give a location.
Another very important detail to add is the legislation that Skydive Arizona has against them as well as the state of Georgia and any other legislation that may be out there.
Also add the links to the news media reports that Gephart (CBS, Utah) and Randy Travis (Fox, Atlanta) ran on skyride.
If ICANN gets enough complaints containing valid details and information, they will launch an investigation to stop the fraud.
If we can all pull together and innodate ICANN with as many complaints as we can, this be the feather in our hats to finally get rid of the cancer that is give our sport a black eye.

http://www.ICANN.org.

The hyperlink may help your cause.
My photos

My Videos

>:(If we can get everyone that wants to stop skyride dead in their tracks to Report them to http://www.ICANN.org. ICANN is Internet Corporation of Names and Numbers. They are the TOP controlling authority over domains and use of. They will investigate the way skyride is using their domains and once they have found fraud, they will turn off their websites and possibly take away their domains. ICANN has that kind of power.

http://www.ICANN.org.

The hyperlink may help your cause.

Or waste everyones time.

Warn everyone you know who might be thinking about trying skydiving about them. Unless someone with a lot of money comes along to take them down there is not a lot we can do. Keep bitching though, maybe someone who who has the resources to do something will eventually see this.
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

"This is the List of Dropzones that DO NOT accept Skyride.
PLEASE PM any correction that need to be made."

We have seen the red list, how about the black list.

Alabama
Skydive Alabama, Cullman - NO!
Opelika Skydiving Association – NO!
Emerald Coast Skydiving – NO!

Arizona
Skydive Arizona , Eloy – NO!

California
Skydive Santa Barbara, Lompoc - NO!
Skydance Skydiving, Davis – NO!

Connecticut
Connecticut Parachutists, Ellington- NO!
FunSkydiving, Danielson – NO!
No Dropzone in Connecticut accepts Skyride

Delaware
Skydive Delmarva, Laurel – NO!
No Dropzone in Delaware accepts Skyride

FLORIDA
School of Human Flight, Quincy: NO!
Skydive City, Zephyrhills, NO!

Georgia
Skydive Atlanta, Thomaston, NO!
Skydive the Farm, Rockmart, NO!

Kentucky
Kentucky Skydiving center, Springfield, NO!
Tennessee-Kentucky School of Skydiving, Russellville, NO!

Illinois
Skydive Chicago, Ottawa, NO!

Iowa
Skydive Iowa, Brooklyn, NO!

Kansas
Air Capital Drop Zone, Witchita, NO!
Skydive K-State, Wamego, NO!
Skydive Kansas, Osage City, NO!

Massachusetts
Skydive Pepperell, Pepperell, NO!

Michigan
Skydive Tecumseh, Tecumseh, NO!

Minnesota
Minnesota Skydivers Club, Waseca, NO!

Missouri
The St. Louis Skydiving Center, Bowling Green - NO!
The Kansas City Skydiving Center, Dearbon - NO!

Montana
Skydive Lost Prairie, Marion, NO!

Nebraska
Lincoln Sport Parachute Club, Weeping Water, NO!
Crete Skydiving Center, Crete – NO!

New Mexico
Skydive El Paso, Santa Teresa, NO!
Skydive New Mexico, Belen, NO!
No Dropzone in New Mexico accepts Skyride

New York
Finger Lakes Skydivers, Trumansburg, NO!
The Ranch, Gardner, NO!

North Carolina
Raeford Parachute Center, Raeford - NO!

Ohio
Skydive Greene County, Xenia - NO!
Aerohio, Marshallville - NO!

Pennsylvania
Chambersburg Skydiving Center, Chambersburg, NO!

South Carolina
Skydive Carolina, Chester - NO!
Flying Tigers Sport Parachute Center, Seneca, NO!

Tennessee
Skydive Smoky Mountains, Morristown, NO!
West Tennessee Skydiving, NO!
Skydive Nashville, Tullahoma, NO!
Skydive Paris, Paris, NO!
No Dropzone in Tennessee accepts Skyride

Texas
Gravity Rats Skydiving, Smithville - NO!
Skydive Aggieland, Byran – NO!
Skydive San Marcos, Fentress – NO!
Austin Skydiving Center, Lexington, NO!
Texas Freefall, Stephenville, NO!
Skydive Eagles Nest, Midland - Unknown
North Texas Skydiving Center, Caddo Mills - Unknown
Ground Rush, Nome – Unknown

Utah
Skydive Utah, Erda –NO!
Skydive Ogden, Ogden – NO!
Skydive Moab, Moab – NO!
Zion Skydive, Hurricane –NO!
Cedar Valley Skydiving- NO! (Used to, but say they no longer do)
No Dropzone in Utah accepts Skyride

Virginia
Skydive Suffolk, Suffolk, NO!
Skydive the Point, West Point, NO!
Skydive Orange, Orange, NO!
No Dropzone in Virginia accepts Skyride

Washington
Skydive Kapowsin, Shelton - NO!
West Plains Skydiving, West Spokane - NO!
Blue Skies, Bremerton - NO!

Wisconsin
Skydive Wissota, Chippewa Falls – NO!
Skydive Twin Cities Baldwin – NO!
Sky Knights SPC, East Troy – NO!

If their supporters say they are doing nothing wrong, then why do they advertise to be "IN" Nashville, or "IN" Memphis, and not "Near" the city. In Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga, they even give an address, which when someone tries to go to that address, they find either an office building or a residential neighborhood. In their Nashville advertising, the downtown address is one of the skyscrapers. The other one is 2013 Hutton ave. which is a house in a residential neighborhood. I suppose they do this in all the regions.
Explain that Skypapa!!!!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

There are people associated (or formerly Associated with Skyride) that would love to see this thread bogged down with useless information.
Please try to restrain from responding to these people.

Anyone that cannot see that what Skyride has done is wrong (Fraud, Lies, Deception, Theft) is NOT going to be swayed by anything anyone posts here. The original "What can we do about Skyride" got to be so large that it had to be closed. If we continue to allow Skypapa and others to Bait us, The same will happen here.

So what can we as Jumpers do about Skyride? We can talk to DZO`s and make sure they know how we feel about this issue. If your DZ takes skyride and there is another DZ nearby, Please consider your options. As long as DZO`s are willing to accept Skyride certs, This problem will not go away.

The legal battles are being fought.
The USPA APPEARS to have settled with these guys and allowed them back into the USPA and given the owner of Skyride a Lifetime membership (This has NOT been confirmed by the USPA yet. )

The Arizona Lawsuit is still pending to the best of my knowledge.

The Georgia Attorney Generals Office appears to have backed off for the moment.

There ARE other things in the works on the legal front.

Please... Do not take the troll bait when it is posted here.
Please post any and all suggestion and comments but trying to discuss these issues with people that do not think Fraud, Lies, Deception and Theft are wrong is pointless and will only serve bog down any useful information that may be found in this thread.

As long as DZO`s are willing to accept Skyride certs, This problem will not go away.

The trouble is that it only takes one DZO to ruin it for all the DZ in a geographic area. If one guy will accept Skyride, the others are forced to do likewise, or lose out on all that business.

The trick is getting all the DZOs in an area to stop accepting Skyride certs. Take the market back to legitimate competition between local DZs. At this point, each DZ needs to make a point of mentioning on their home page that they, nor any other DZ within 'xxx' miles accepts certs from a booking service. This will help to prevent the Skyride scam where they take your money first, then tell you to drive 200 miles, past other DZs, to make a jump.

An interesting idea would be for DZs not accepting Skyride to offer an ultimatium to DZs who do. Either stop accepting Skyride certs, or we will start accepting them.

At first it sounds counterproductive, but the idea behind Skyride is that a DZO will save on advertising by letting Skyride do it for them, and in exchange, they accept a few dollars less from Skyride for the jumps. If EVERY DZ in an area accepts Skyride, then the 'advantage' of letting Skyride advertising for you goes away, as now your competition has the same 'advantage'. The net benefit becomes zero.

Now you have a group of DZs who are just giving money away to Skyride for no reason. At this point, if everyone would agree to give up the 'advatage' of Skyride, the DZ remain on level ground with each other, with everyone collecting more money for the jumps they sell.

Seeing as it's plainly obvious that Skyride doesn't bring new busines into the sport (they simply snipe the existing incoming business), there is no loss in the bottom line number of tandems made in a certain geographic area.