slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

ODSS #1 - PM me for your official ODSS No.

Why would anyone want an "odious" number?
The concept of putting up warning pages in various names of Skyride is a good one, our DZ has had one up for 3 years, and the DZs in our area have added their own Skyride warnings. Conceivably, if enough skydivers and DZs were to place pages of information about Skyride's practices, and it carried over into their ThrillPlanet, Spagoda, etc businesses as well, it won't stop Skyride, but does give the search engines more information to look at, and would generally provide more hits for the consumer to view.

sorry it was sarcassim that was replying to all her bullshit in this thread about saying things along the lines of business is ruthless and is cut throat and that so what if they steal, do they do anything worse and the rest of the bullshit that is being condoned by this lady that is obviously trying to rile up the community of dropzone.com.

How come you guys know that is her sole purpose and she is hiding her identity and obviously posting to cause trouble but is still allowed to continue.? This is not something that you guys usually tollerate, why now?

Even Phreezone called her a 'TROLL' but you continue to let this lady that moderators are calling a troll post in this thread? Is that not against the rules of no trolling? Surely if a moderator is calling her a troll then she has to be banned? Why on this occasion are you letting her continue?

I mean no offence to you slot, just think we are all wondering this?!?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

What is your problem with me? I am not who you think I am. You do not know me. I am voicing my opinion.

Name one forum rule that I have broken.

Being an apologist for fraud and condoning theft of copyrighted images SHOULD be against the rules.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What is your problem with me? I am not who you think I am. You do not know me. I am voicing my opinion.

Name one forum rule that I have broken.

Being an apologist for fraud and condoning theft of copyrighted images SHOULD be against the rules.

But it's not. And that is why this such a beautiful community. You should thank Sangiro for allowing varying opinions of all types.

Please take the one-on-one conversation to PMs so the oneliner exchanges don't clog up this thread.

However please do not PM myself.

My problem is that you are hiding behind the computer monitor and they keyboard. if you believed what you were saying you would not feel the need to hide your identity.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

It may not be illegal in the forums but it goes to show that you are not one of the community, you are not a skydiver. I bet you do not even have a solo freefall.

Skydivers have serious issues with trusting one another, Skydivers do not condone stealing. You are not part of this community, you are invading this community and you are scared to let anyone know your identity because you believe what you are condoning is wrong. There are so many photographers out there that would like to hear you say it to their face that it is okay to support people stealing images that they risked their lives to get. You know damn well what their reactions would be if they heard you say that to their face so you choose to troll by saying it and hiding behind a computer. What you stand for is criminal behaviour. Karma will pay you back, though i believe someone to have the mindset where she hides who she is and puts no merit on her words by hiding behind a computer can only mean one thing... I believe it means you are facing a surgery of some sort and you are scared and trying to find arguments in here to take your scared mind off your own life or death surgery situation you are living through at the moment. No decent person stands for what you do, if they are decent then they scared shitless or angry about something in their personal life that they are going through. Good luck with your life problems, I wish you the best. Though I cant imagine you would ever be welcome at any of our playgrounds.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Check this out. "Life Thrills." I could not figure out how to link directly to the particular video, but it's one of the few "consumer report" segments.

Probably all made up anyway, as usual, to defame entrepreneurial ingenuity...

edit - direct link a couple of posts below - (Thanks)

About halfway down, look for the outline of the small hot-air balloon in the left corner of the picture.
Roll Tide Roll

As I said, I wish you all the best with the personal problems you must be going through and i hope that it all works out for you. Maybe you could get some help with your issues in the womans forum..

I will not be talking to you anymore as i have been asked not to. Good luck with everything.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Check this out. "Life Thrills." I could not figure out how to link directly to the particular video, but it's one of the few "consumer report" segments.

Probably all made up anyway, as usual, to defame entrepreneurial ingenuity...

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1126532071?bclid=1111467132&

About halfway down, look for the outline of the small hot-air balloon in the left corner of the picture.

This may be a direct link:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1126532071/bclid1111467132/bctid1313716916
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I think it is obvious by now that skydivers are going to talk about Skyride here in these forums. We have done our best to keep the conversations on topic by sweeping out the chaff, and to keeping the conversations to one or two key threads.

Talking about Skyride here is not advertising - it is awareness for anyone coming on board that does not have any information on the subject, or does not completely know both sides of the story. If you think that increasing the likelihood of a Google search landing here is a bad thing - think again. Here are enough facts for the unknowing to make an informed decision; for the media investgating on their own; for anyone needing details. And . . . those who continue to post replies to this thread saying something like "why don't you all stop posting to these threads to make all this go away" are actually perpetuating what they are trying to get rid of simply by making those replies (a circle game).

Skypapa has already been identified, both in public by a couple of people and in private discussion among the Moderators, as someone so intent on protecting their identity that they are not only posting with a blank profile, but also using a proxy server to remain anonymous. Think what you like about that tactic - throughout the history of these forums that kind of interaction has spoken for itself. Anonymity can sometimes serve a valid purpose for all concerned, but only in rare and specific cases is it something other than a one-way benefit.

Having more than one username here is frowned upon unless there is a good reason for it. There are many of those that I won't mention here (a digression). Abusing the ability to register more than once is a definite no-no, but we like to be sure of ourselves before we act. Example: I have already read opinions from two different people as to skypapa's identity. It is fairly obvious that this user has a huge agenda, but we are going to treat them as we would all others - enforce the Forum Rules.

In summary, the Skyride conversations are here to stay - if you don't like then, stop reading them. If you think someone is abusing multiple usernames, PM a Moderator in that particular forum. Continue to point out rule violations via PM to Moderators and we will deal with them objectively. I have kept my own opinions out of these threads on purpose to remain so.

We are an internet forum - change the world we can't . . . change a few hundred minds we might.

Carry on . . .
Arrive Safely

John

Thanks for replying Slot.

It just seems that she is trying for controversy rather than a discusssion. Her points are the same over and over and they all just say 'so what?, get over it, its business, nothing is wrong with stealing'.

Can you tell us if she is affiliated with Skyride? I know you will not disclose the identity and that is fair, However can you tell us if she is affiliated with Skyride so posters know weather to take her serious as a skyride person who believes in skyride or a lonely woman just trying to get in on an argument and stir things up that she has no knowledge over?

It seems the only knowledge that she has is what people against skyride have said in this thread and she is making her argument by basing it on the opposite of others valid points. it would be good to know if you guys know her, Is she to be taken serious as a skyride person or is she just a lonely woman who is going through a terrible, painful life and is needing to take her anger out in a community where nobody knows her.

Again, Thanks for replying.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

If everybody stopped replying to THE POSTS then THE POSTER would achieve nothing and hopefully get bored.
By responding you are only helping THE POSTER.
In the UK there are companies advertising skydiving purely for so called charity jumps that IMHO serve nothing for charities but do provide one off jumpers.The extras charged out of money supposedly raised for charity are i believe extortionate and if one wants to do a charity jump then one should pay for ones jump out of ones own pocket.
Only 2 weeks ago i had 11 people from my local pub do a charity static line one jump course they ALL paid for their own jump and raised over £2500.00 between them for two local charities.
:)

Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

Yeah those charity jumps are crazy in price. Something like 500 pounds each they have to raise.
There are also booking agents, I know hinton uses something like that but it is nothing to the extremes that skyride has gone to.

There is alot more to this thread than the poster who is a troll, The first skyride thread was massive. I think they biggest dz.com has ever had.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

My goal, oops I mean thoughts exactly.

There are many great historical examples of advocates for change standing resolutely for their cause, through thick and thin, sometimes for many years - only to finally change the hearts and mind of those that they had long opposed.

I cannot think of one that did so hiding behind the mask of anonymity.

You have a very tough row to hoe here, mate.
Arrive Safely

John

There are many great historical examples of advocates for change standing resolutely for their cause, through thick and thin, sometimes for many years - only to finally change the hearts and mind of those that they had long opposed.

Can I sneak in a word about that?

ZORRO! [/B]

You guys arguing with Ryan and "papa"...they are playing you like a violin.

Them: *tweak*:P
You: BLAH, BLAAH, BLAH....>:(
Them: *tweak*:P
You: BLAH, BLAAH, BLAH!!!!.....>:(

and it goes on and on and on and on...to what end?

:S
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Pretty sure the first way to go anout changning anyones mind would be by not hiding your identity.... Also maybe not saying that it is okay for a business to steal to gain advancement.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Pretty sure the first way to go anout changning anyones mind would be by not hiding your identity.... Also maybe not saying that it is okay for a business to steal to gain advancement.

I thought you were told not to have any discussions with me.