slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

Ok, I understand that I'm biting at a troll, but....

Just know not only is this poster a troll but he's also using a proxy to try to hide his identiy even further.

Troll no. Proxy yes. What does it matter? I am simply stating the facts. Here you go again focusing on something that doesnt even matter.

Amazing thing is how many people actually agree with me. I guess you could consider me the voice of reason.

(not directed to Phree)
I know this has been said before and I refrain from posting on this thread for this reason (I have slipped up a time or two :S) . THE PEOPLE BEHIND SKYRIDE THRIVE; I REPEAT THRIVE ON THESE THREADS. I HAVE WATCHED THEM GIGGLE LIKE LITTLE GIRLS READING THIS STUFF TIME AFTER TIME. YOU ARE GIVING THEM MUCH PLEASURE WITH YOUR POSTS.
>

I know this has been said before and I refrain from posting on this thread for this reason (I have slipped up a time or two :S) . THE PEOPLE BEHIND SKYRIDE THRIVE; I REPEAT THRIVE ON THESE THREADS. I HAVE WATCHED THEM GIGGLE LIKE LITTLE GIRLS READING THIS STUFF TIME AFTER TIME. YOU ARE GIVING THEM MUCH PLEASURE WITH YOUR POSTS.
>

Holy hell. You people are truly amazing. You really think the world is that black and white dont you? You really think it is only possible for people affiliated with skyride to disagree with you on this topic?

Your post is a PERFECT example of how close minded you guys can be.

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH SKYRIDE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. I AM A SKYDIVER.

Holy hell. You people are truly amazing. You really think the world is that black and white dont you? You really think it is only possible for people affiliated with skyride to disagree with you on this topic?

Then why are you defending skyride AND hiding your identity? You're just as close to being in bed with them as the known skyride supporters are, as far as I'm concerned. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Amazing thing is how many people actually agree with me.

So what? Is the large prison population in the USA evidence
that crime is now acceptable?

I guess you could consider me the voice of reason.

That wouldn't be how I described you, but forum rules prevent me from being more explicit.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The ONLY people who have any right to be upset about skyride are the DZO's that think they are affected by their practices

and those of us who have had to deal with pissed off Skyride customers who show up at the DZ and find out how badly they're getting screwed. That was not fun-I felt bad for them
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

The ONLY people who have any right to be upset about skyride are the DZO's that think they are affected by their practices

and those of us who have had to deal with pissed off Skyride customers who show up at the DZ and find out how badly they're getting screwed. That was not fun-I felt bad for them

Boohoo. If you are not a DZO, it is not your problem.

yes, it is "our problem." Dealing with a crying woman screwed over by Skyride for nearly a thousand bucks means his attentions are focused on matters not relevant to the PAYING customers. On a large DZ this might not matter, but on a small DZ with few resources, it's expensive, distracting, and embarassing to the sport and the DZ.
As best we can, we try to help the customer who has just found out they've been screwed.
We're not *all* from Bendovern' squeal, Alabama.

It's not my problem is the fastest way to make things worse. It is my problem-it's my responsiblity to help first timers feel welcome, to help others stay safe. It's my responsibility to pick up a little trash, shag a few tandems, buy the occasional beer (even if I'm not drinking). It's my place to leave things better than I found them, to help out, and to be able to look at myself in the mirror withough being ashamed
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we take your response to the query as an ackowledgement that customers are pissed off and being screwed by Skyride?

Nobody can confirm either of those last two statements because you are hiding your identity.

Skydiving is the one thing I can go and do and get away from all the BS of the world and hang out with friendly peeps that I enjoy being with. Skyride brings all the BS backstabbing lying cheating stealing of the world into the one place I can escape from all that.

SKYPAPA, YOU NEED TO GO SOAK YOUR FEET IN KEROSENE BEFORE YOU GO OUTDOORS FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME.

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

As it is in Kansas, Iowa has done something. Except for few agreed to last season to help a customer, NO IOWA DZ is acepting skyride certs. The force will overcome the farce:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It's my problem. I'm just a noob that started a couple summers ago. I know not much about this sport, except that it benefits from volume. The majority of the general public thinks that skydiving is crazy business, like it or not. The sliver that is left over can either be left with a good experience, or have their money sucked out of them by an unnecessary middleman that distorts and deceives in the name of making money off the backs of legitimate, small-time DZO's. If 10% of what I understand about skyride is true, then it is my problem as someone who appreciates this sport and wants it to thrive.
Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.

(not directed to Phree)
>

AMEN, I cant believe all these respected people in these forums are still replying to this woman that calls herself skypapa.

Come on guys, stop feeding them, it is publicity, all you are doing is giving this chick the chance to advertise her company.

Out of curiosity moderators, at what point do you actually kill this thread as it is advertising?? I thought advertising is against the rules here and this lady is blatently stirring people up to say things so they can try and say the good points about their business while trying to make it look like they are defending their business. This is advertising. I give skypapa one pice of credit, she is a smart woman and is playing everyone like fools.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Boohoo. If you are not a DZO, it is not your problem...

We're not *all* from Bendovern' squeal, Alabama.

If it were only a DZO problem, that's good enough to be involved in my book, and if this is your position, then right back at ya: if you are not a DZO to benefit from it, why do you care enough to defend?

I recall being told a few years ago by both USPA as well as several distant DZO's that this little problem was basically a "Southern Thang" which didn't concern them (at the time).

So here we are fast-forward to "sooner than you thought," Alabama is one of the few states where their GCs couldn't be redeemed within the hallowed borders but for the fact that they actually have a dropzone here, albeit part-time now...as a matter of fact, I don't think any other dz in the state has ever taken their certificates - not many can say that.
Roll Tide Roll

Seeing as they are stealing photos from interstate photographers, does this not make it a federal case? Seeing they are stealing photos from international photographers is this not an international crime? I would be interested to see if their were any photos from New Zealand on any of their sites without permissison. I am sure if there was with my mothers brother being an inspector senior seargent and the head honcho of the new zealand CIB that he as a skydiver would be interested in looking into the matter.

Not a threat of any kind, just curiosity. I know he would act upon it, especially with the contacts he recently made in the states after being in charge of that case where the asian father killed his wife, left his daughter at a sydney airport and fled to America. I am positive that in a small country like new zealand and him as a skydiver that he could put something forward if there were any stolen photos from new zealand. I Imagine they would have some lake taupo photos on one of their sites... Just curious, well actually, its time some sort of action was taken on these people so maybe a long shot is better than nothing.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Ok, I understand that I'm biting at a troll, but....

Just know not only is this poster a troll but he's also using a proxy to try to hide his identiy even further.

Troll no. Proxy yes. What does it matter? I am simply stating the facts. Here you go again focusing on something that doesnt even matter.

Hi Papa

Saying your not a troll doesn't mean your not one.:)
"From the Free On-line Dictionary of Computing:
-----------------
Troll: An electronic mail message, Usenet posting or other (electronic) communication which is intentionally incorrect, but not overtly controversial (compare flame bait), or the act of sending such a message.

Trolling aims to elicit an emotional reaction from those with a hair-trigger on the reply key. A really subtle troll makes some people lose their
minds.

Papa your a official troll:)

I think you can get the boot from the forums for calling other users a troll so you may want to becareful saying that. I think she is a regular on the website who is using a second username trying to stir shit up so her and her old hens can have a cackle at the likes of the people who are getting all worked up about it.

I think we should register some sites they never thought of so we can start getting them off the google pages. For instance www.skyride.co.uk
So many websites outhere where you can call it skyride. We could start websites up like the one mentioned and on the front page admit to ripping people off.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I think you can get the boot from the forums for calling other users a troll so you may want to becareful saying that. I think she is a regular on the website who is using a second username trying to stir shit up so her and her old hens can have a cackle at the likes of the people who are getting all worked up about it.

I think we should register some sites they never thought of so we can start getting them off the google pages. For instance www.skyride.co.uk
So many websites outhere where you can call it skyride. We could start websites up like the one mentioned and on the front page admit to ripping people off.

You seem to think you may know something others here may not. Out with it, I'll let you know if you are even close. (I bet you are not)

I noticed that but i have no place reminding a moderator of a rule. I was just trying to look out for the poster so they did not get banned.

Skypapa, I am not telling you anything. There are people on this site wo know who you are. The thing is that is disturbing about you is that your husband was a goodman.. He loved this website and was one of us. I could not bear to let people know who you are as you would be ruining your a great name.

Skypapa, I hope these people dont find out who you are. You were once a great lady, shame you have to spend all your time sitting at home writing this rubbish. If only you had not got fired and had to move in with your son.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I noticed that but i have no place reminding a moderator of a rule. I was just trying to look out for the poster so they did not get banned.

Skypapa, I am not telling you anything. There are people on this site wo know who you are. The thing is that is disturbing about you is that your husband was a goodman.. He loved this website and was one of us. I could not bear to let people know who you are as you would be ruining your a great name.

Skypapa, I hope these people dont find out who you are. You were once a great lady, shame you have to spend all your time sitting at home writing this rubbish. If only you had not got fired and had to move in with your son.

Nice try. Way off base.

If you say so.

Dont think i am trying to guess. I dont need to guess. I still keep in touch with the other person in your house on a daily basis. They are not very proud of you either.

Very entertaining I must say. But I promise you, you are way off.

Can we get this thread back on track now?