kmills0705

ZHills: Altimeter Mix Up over New Years

Hey, I was in ZHills for New Years and sometime during the day on New Years Day I ended up with a different altimeter very similar to mine.

I have (had) a blue Altimaster Galaxy and somehow ended up with a Turquoise Altimaster Galaxy.

Anyone out there end up with a slightly different altimeter?

Normiss/TK: There was a kid from the Indiana Group who was renting gear and my stuff was close to his. Anyway to tell if ZHills possibly ended up my altimeter and I ended up with one of the student/rental ones?
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

i beleive the student ones have skydivecity carved into it somewhere on the metal

Packin Cathy has an engraving tool that she carries around
with her to boogies.

Last year at Fitz, I borrowed it and engraved my name
on the back of my alti.

People can probably borrow them from their local dz.

i beleive the student ones have skydivecity carved into it somewhere on the metal

Packin Cathy has an engraving tool that she carries around
with her to boogies.

Last year at Fitz, I borrowed it and engraved my name
on the back of my alti.

People can probably borrow them from their local dz.

Ironic thing was right before I left I logged all my serial numbers and asked a couple people if they had an engraver.

I am not without an altimeter. Just have one where the strap is pretty much shit and will need replaced.

I noticed it right before one of the night jumps. I had to pull out my sewing kit to fix velcro.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696

For $12.00 postage and handling, you can have a custom picture put on your Altimaster Galaxy making it almost impossible to confuse with someone else's.

Being somewhat whimsical, I made mine look like a Mickey Mouse Watch (see attached).

I'm pretty sure nobody else is going to do that or steal mine.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Not a new idea. :ph34r:
I did that in 1975 or so

Wendy P.

Damn, that’s one of the originals. You had to color in the yellow warning area. Sweet.

Sparky

Mine is even OLDER...2 grand red line & the ole 'really fat' needle, without the 'counter balance' part on the south end, past the pivot point.

Works like new, and the face must be something different than in later models...barely has a scratch! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Not a new idea. :ph34r:
I did that in 1975 or so

Wendy P.

Damn, that’s one of the originals. You had to color in the yellow warning area. Sweet.

Sparky

Mine is even OLDER...2 grand red line & the ole 'really fat' needle, without the 'counter balance' part on the south end, past the pivot point.

Works like new, and the face must be something different than in later models...barely has a scratch! B|

By 'Later Models' you mean anything manufactured in the past century?:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Twardo -- if your stopwatch has a red line on the 2 that's WAY too late! :o

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey I like that newfangled gizmo, does it take batteries??

It's WAY COOL...B|

Mine is an old off-brand 'Sun-Dial Wrist-Mount' - ya can put an eye out if yer not careful with it... & talk about SUCKS for night jumps! [:/]

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hey, I was in ZHills for New Years and sometime during the day on New Years Day I ended up with a different altimeter very similar to mine.

I have (had) a blue Altimaster Galaxy and somehow ended up with a Turquoise Altimaster Galaxy.

Normiss/TK: There was a kid from the Indiana Group who was renting gear and my stuff was close to his. Anyway to tell if ZHills possibly ended up my altimeter and I ended up with one of the student/rental ones?

Not that it helps much, but someone in the tent came back with an altimeter they said didn't belong to them but packed on accident and was looking for theirs. Have you called manifest? Maybe they turned it in.

Not that it helps much, but someone in the tent came back with an altimeter they said didn't belong to them but packed on accident and was looking for theirs. Have you called manifest? Maybe they turned it in.

Thanks Martlet. I have not called manifest but will give them a call today.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696