Bibliophile

When do you earn the right to call yourself a skydiver?

When you truly understand and make the conscious decision that the things you gain from jumping out of an airplane, outweigh the things you could possibly lose.

What,,,, what did he say. I am so confused. My head hurts, I am going to lie down. (Mumbles: deep so deep I might drown.) :S

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

When you truly understand and make the conscious decision that the things you gain from jumping out of an airplane, outweigh the things you could possibly lose.

What,,,, what did he say. I am so confused. My head hurts, I am going to lie down. (Mumbles: deep so deep I might drown.) :S

Sparky

I was gonna say~

When ya snort a line of blow using the hollowed out rib bone of a 'hunerd jump wonder that bought the farm earlier in the day......................but I've matured. :):ph34r::P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

What about after your first cutaway? I hold a skydiving license, but i've never had a major malfunction. I don't think i'll go from feeling like someone who skydives to a skydiver until I KNOW that i can remain calm and do everything humanly possible to save myself in an emergency. And i won't find that out until it happens.

when you can fart in freefall

If farting in freefall makes you a skydiver, does crapping all over yourself in freefall make you a skygod? B|

I am mightily curious about why you're asking.:)
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Consider this, Is a tennis player a tennis player if they haven't played tennis for many years?, How about a skier or a baseball player. Just because they were at one time doesn't continue to make them so.

I only consider a skydiver a skydiver if they are currently jumping. I had about an 8 year layoff where I would make an occasional jump, but didn't consider myself as a skydiver during that time, simply that I had been a skydiver. When I quit someday, I will consider myself to have been a skydiver.

A tandem jumper is just that, someone who made a jump. If they continue, they are a skydiver. When they stop, they are not.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

When you make it into Parachutist... and it is not in incidents! :)

does it have to be a cover shot?:P or will photo finish do? if so well damn maybe i are one
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .