lindseyxo

Question for anyone with a license

My mum would always tell me about a chef at her work who would talk about being a skydiver and i called bullshit instantly. I had a chat with him when i picked her up from work one day and had a chat with him. Well he was a skydiver. Back in the day on the rounds he made a few but exaggerated his experience talking about swooping, BASE and every other discipline to everyone else... But to me the honesty came out that he made about 30 jumps back in the day.

A has been who still reads a lot and wishes he still had the minerals to go out and get it. I actually felt sorry for him and invited him along to the DZ instead of ridiculing him. He declined unfortunately as i'd have liked to see him turn that arm chair passion into reality again.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Geez some of you have been around way to long to still be feeding the trolls. LOL not sure who Lindsey is but I bet he is laughing his ass off. Read his post again and you'll figure it out.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I haven't seen that stop some married guys at the DZ... and I'm sure you have too...

Oh that pisses me off. Sometimes I feel like that I'm literally the only married man in the modern world that still loves his wife with all his heart.[:/]
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Thanks so much guys.

I understand that boys lie about little things all the time, but to take it as far as he did is ridiculous. He has multiple stories of malfunctions and jumping naked and recording for tandems, and he talks about it SO much. I don't think that I can ever trust him again.

Although, I can't help but be glad that he kind of introduced me to skydiving. I'm so so so excited to learn!

You say "stories of recording for tandems". How many have you seen (I'm guessing none).

BULLSHIT!!!There are very few people associated with camera flyers (friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, mailmen, furnace repairmen, random strangers) who haven't been subjected to "Hey, you have to see the footage I shot last weekend, it's AWESOME!!"

It sounds like a fun bit of fiction to make him appear "adventerous" has spun out of control and he has no way to get out gracefully.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I haven't seen that stop some married guys at the DZ... and I'm sure you have too...

Oh that pisses me off. Sometimes I feel like that I'm literally the only married man in the modern world that still loves his wife with all his heart.[:/]

You're not alone...I'm married & I love your wife too! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Oh that pisses me off. Sometimes I feel like that I'm literally the only married man in the modern world that still loves his wife with all his heart.Unsure

You're not alone...I'm married & I love your wife too!

HA! You got me on that one old man!:D

One of the quickest ways to catch someone in a lie about being a skydiver is when they start bragging about having "jumped with a board" (aka skysurfing). Why? Because whuffos, for some reason, think its the coolest thing you could possibly do skydiving, but it was basically a fad in skydiving that has all but gone away.

I was on a few loads with two skysurfers just two weeks ago.

In my experience, the coolest thing whuffos think you could possibly do skydiving is jumping through cloud.

Back to the original subject (and to echo what wolfriverjoe said re: "recording for tandems"): if there's no footage, it didn't happen.

I was on a few loads with two skysurfers just two weeks ago.

"One of the quickest ways to catch someone in a lie about being a skydiver is when they start bragging about having "jumped with a board" (aka skysurfing). Why? Because whuffos, for some reason, think its the coolest thing you could possibly do skydiving, but it was basically a fad in skydiving that has all but gone away.*"

*Applies to dropzones contained within the United States and territories there in, Hawaii excluded.

There, fixed it for ya!:P

Didn’t they teach you in anger management class that the medication won’t work unless you take it every day?

Sparky

Actually, they told me to go around beating people up and I'd feel great
all the time.

:D

In that case I would ask the court if you can get you money back and take a different class. It is obvious you didn’t learn anything in that one. :)
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I think I have this figured out. He is some kind of fucking skygod/national champion and just can't stand all the fanfare he gets when he shows up at the DZ. He has elected to stay away so she will not be treated special for showing up with him.

Or he's a dick and no one likes him or hes fucked all the DZ hoes and he doesn't want them to tell you what a bag of shit he is.

Damn it Chris I told you to stop talking about me on DZ.com...... but honestly folks she aint my girlfriend just some chick I tried to bang using the ole No shit there I was stories we all make up........;););)

Ok ok ok I really am going to make a skydive this year if my ass heals ( freakin freasly waxed kitchen floor) and I find a DZ that will let me .................

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

Hey Darlin, I'll be you new boyfriend. I have numbers and log books and everything to prove it. I will even go the drop zone with you. Please, Please! ;)

Dump the dirtbag.

Sparky

You old goat!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hey Darlin, I'll be you new boyfriend. I have numbers and log books and everything to prove it. I will even go the drop zone with you. Please, Please! ;)

Dump the dirtbag.

Sparky

You old goat!

Beats being a dead goat. :P Besides I am damn good at it. :)
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

No, there's at least 2 of us.

What nobody has mentioned here is:

If you are going to do an Tandem again soon. Let them show you the Emergency Procedures. Then ask your skydiver boy friend to show you how they are done. Everybody that has ever done a jump course will be able to repeat the steps for cutting away. And it's hard to find info on how exactly that is done on the internets. :ph34r: