lindseyxo

Question for anyone with a license

I was 17. I told 'em my Mom was in the car and forged the release. Anybody who has any jumps is more a skydiver than those with zero. Those with no jumps who proclaim experience are zeros... Like kids talking about girls and sex they only dream of.
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

Here is the REAL issue... If you determine that he has been lying about skydiving.... How will you ever trust him about anything that really matters?

Hello??
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

I bet he did a tandem.... got all excited, came to dz.com read all the posts, started telling everyone he was a skydiver and now he can't turn back.

...or maybe he is telling the truth. Either way someone should make a movie about it.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

come up to the drop zone with me because I had a lot of questions that I would rather ask him than someone at the dz because it makes me feel like they think I'm questioning their experience, when really I'm just fascinated by it.

Surely this is the root problem here?

Whether or not your b/f is a skydiver is history.

For whatever reason, he doesn't want to come. I think you should respect that opinion, for whatever reason, and make peace in your head as to why that is (if that's because you think he's lied, maybe you should be questioning the values of your relationship).

Never be afraid to ask questions of anyone at the DZ. They won't take it the wrong way, and if they do, they're probably not someone you will be friends with in the long-run anyway.

The coolest skydivers I know have absolutely zero ego, and a load of experience (i.e. World Champions, WR Holders to name a small selection of these). They will answer any question, no matter how superfluous, or ridiculous.

Why?

Because they have nothing to prove.

They're always happy to help, and will understand that you're new, and will want you to have the best information available.

My boyfriend is a skydiver

No, he's not. Sorry.

If your boyfriend was a skydiver, he would never have missed a trip to the DZ, let alone a trip to the DZ where his girlfriend was going to make a jump. Even if his back hurt, he didn't have to jump, but to not go to the DZ at all?

While I"m leaning towards the "not a skydiver" side of this, there are other possibilities. For example, maybe he's a douchebag and nobody at the DZ likes him, so he doesn't want to go. Or maybe he got banned for doing something stupid. Who knows. There are lots of reasons for him to possibly make up reasons why he couldn't go jumping.

He does sound like a tool box though.

Or maybe just a small tool.

I understand that boys lie about little things all the time, but to take it as far as he did is ridiculous. He has multiple stories of malfunctions and jumping naked and recording for tandems,

Here's another clue. If he claims to have multiple malfunctions, and has jumped naked, that would mean he had at least 30 or 40 jumps. It's doubtful that a student would have multiple malfunctions as the rigs are packed by DZ staff, and no student would be allowed to jump naked, so those storied imply that he was off student status.

(OK, if has happened that students will have multiple mals, but it is rare. Also, female tandem students have been known to jump naked, but not AFF students, and not male students).

The biggie is the 'recording for tandems' claim. This would imply that he had at least 100 jumps or more. The 'official' minimum for filming a tandem is 500 jumps, and the 'official' minimum for jumping with a camera is 200 jumps. Both of those minimums are broken all the time, but not much beyond 75-100 jumps to jumps a camera, and 100-150 jumps to video a tandem.

Sure, boys do lie about stuff all the time, but this is just stupid. It a lie about something with no consequence. Maybe a guy doesn't tell you he used to drink too much, or that his dad used to beat him up when he was a kid. That makes sense, not everyone wants to share those types of bad memories.

But to lie about being a skydiver is just stupid. Unless he thinks that you only like him because he says he's a skydiver, what's the point in making it up? If he's trying to impress you, think how un-impressed you'll be when you find out he's lying to you. Not only does he turn out to not be a jumper, but he's a liar on top of that. He would just be better off not lying to you, and just being an honest non-skydiver.

One last thing, we might all be wrong about this guy. Have him read this thread, and give him a chance to explain himself. He might be the one-in-a-million odd ball who is a jumper, but doesn't act at all like a jumper (but I don't think so).

I think I have this figured out. He is some kind of fucking skygod/national champion and just can't stand all the fanfare he gets when he shows up at the DZ. He has elected to stay away so she will not be treated special for showing up with him.

Or he's a dick and no one likes him or hes fucked all the DZ hoes and he doesn't want them to tell you what a bag of shit he is.

Lindsey,

Likely your skydiver boyfriend is aware he's on thin-ice. Possibilities are high that he's experiencing his worst nightmare. That is where his former-whuffo girlfriend (that's you, sorry) has started to show up at the Drop Zone at the same time his skydiver girlfriend is also there and he doesn't want to get caught in a classic DZ, as the prop turns, "two time." :S:P:D

Anyway, if you like skydiving, cut him away, start jumping and you'll have your pick of guys around the DZ or not, as you wish.

Oh, and pay no attention to Sparky, he's really really OLD! :D:D:D:D

The ones that date them all one at a time,yes.

:|

That's their choice. IMO, don't judge... or at least try not too.

Or are you thinking of one or two that "dated" all the guys at the DZ except you...
:D

We have all seen them come and go. Either bored or ashamed to show their faces after a month or so.

True. As The Prop Turns * shurgs * For what its worth, one has to decide if they're at the DZ to skydive or for the "drama" that can ensue?

The guys who treat the students as new meat are doing a disservice to the sport also.

Agreed.

---------

Now back on Topic!

;)

Possibilities are high that he's experiencing his worst nightmare. That is where his former-whuffo girlfriend (that's you, sorry) has started to show up at the Drop Zone at the same time his skydiver girlfriend is also there and he doesn't want to get caught in a classic DZ, as the prop turns, "two time." :S:P:D

:D:D I hadn't thought about that.

Remember back when you could have a couple of girlfriends at just one DZ? I guess those days are over. ;)

Yeah, I can imagine this guy might really be getting caught in some kind of web or another. We've all known the pathological liars, that will say anything to swell their ego. I think I'll grab some popcorn and see how this all sorts out. :)

I was 17. I told 'em my Mom was in the car and forged the release. Anybody who has any jumps is more a skydiver than those with zero. Those with no jumps who proclaim experience are zeros... Like kids talking about girls and sex they only dream of.

like patworks, captain1976 AND JohnMitchell,,, i also forged the waiver,,,
signing my fathers name,,,, Just the way i'd seen HIM sign it, on many a "less than stellar" Report Card!!!:o:SB|

only thing is,, I DID have his verbal OK to sign up for my first Static Line. We were 350 miles apart, and I NEEDED the signature,,, immediately..[:/]
i was into freefall within 2 weeks of my first of five, static lines.B|B|

once i was into the sport a bit, a couple of hundred jumps, and understood a few things,,,:|
i happened to be in the DZOs office,, with him, and noticed a stack of waivers sitting on a counter...
I found mine, and thought it might be best,;) to take it, and hold on to it MYSELF,,," for safe keeping"....:P;)B| ( this was waaay before xerox copy machines were widely in use... )

it's in a photo album,,, still in My possession....though THAT DZ is long since, closed...

as for the sex aspect of things... for quite a long time,,, In My Youth, i " had jumped out of a plane," a LOT more times
than i "had been laid..."....:o[:/]:(

IN fact !!!!!! that might Still be the case!!!!!!:D:SB|;):)
*Off topic..* It seems to me that waivers were only signed at the start of jumping,, and certainly NOT annually,, in fact there were many dzs in the 70's and 80's where we NEVER signed a waiver,, ( i guess we were considered experienced, ) and yet visited and jumped there allll the time...
Now waivers are signed by everyone,,,, and without a doubt..are updated annually.....

Ah what a litigious and worrisome society, we live in today...:(

jimmytavino