skyh2omedic

Florida information

I have two different alumni organizations that i belong to that will be having reunions in Orlando the weekend of June 19th. We are looking for an opportunity to do tandems onto the beach then have a dinner/bonfire afterwards. We are probably talking about 30 tandems/75 for dinner. Anyone know of a restuarant on the beach that might be able to accommodate us for dinner and a bonfire. I thought i had seen a discussion on here one time about beach jumps in front of a restuarant in central Fla. A DZ reccomendation would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
"You can't teach what you don't know and you can't lead where you won't go"

I know Sebastian has done a lot of beach jumps before and I know Hiram's is a great beachfront restaurant there, but I'm not sure if the jumping is done near the restaurant. That said, Sebastian isn't too large of a town and you wouldn't be that far away if you did have to land elsewhere. I don't know if they have a bonfire there either. It's going to be freakin' hot by June, not many bonfires are done at all that time of year anyway.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The restaurant where beach jumps often take place is Sebastian Beach Inn.

They love having jumpers land in front of their restaurant & will go out of their way to accommodate.

I suggest contacting them and Skydive Sebastian to set things up. Keep in mind: it is quite a drive from the DZ to the SBI & back.

Agree with Skymama--summer bonfire in Florida? That's like bringing your electric blanket with you to Hell. :D

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.

Thanks for the help. I'll contact both tomorrow and see if we can make this a reality. The bonfire was just for atmosphere. I'm sure it would be small and the glow would set the mood right. Have a great day, be safe and thanks again.
"You can't teach what you don't know and you can't lead where you won't go"

The last time I was there for beach jumps (quite a few years, now that I think about it) they did them on a public beach area. I was wondering how the hotel in your link could be so far from the dz until I noticed it's actually in Melbourne Beach. No wonder!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The last time I was there for beach jumps (quite a few years, now that I think about it) they did them on a public beach area. I was wondering how the hotel in your link could be so far from the dz until I noticed it's actually in Melbourne Beach. No wonder!

The main issue is that it's on the Atlantic and you have to drive a good distance to get to a bridge to cross the inlet back over to the mainland. But it's a nice area for beach jumps and Sebastian will do them pretty much whenever they can get enough people that want to do a beach jump load.