daytripper419

FLorida

What are the best places to jump in the central florida area during the week? Also what places are best on weekends? I am planning a trip and am wanting to jump on a weekday and a weekend. I want to get as many jumps as possible while I am there. Thinking about sebastian, titusville, and z-hills as the main options. Don't want to waste a day at one to get three dives when I could've went to another and got ten. Any advice would be great. THanks

Are you jumping by yourself, with a group or wanting to do fun jumps with an organizer?

never been to z hills but ive only heard good things about them. but the 2 weekend days i was at deland they had loads foing up almost constantly.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I will be there jumping by myself. I want to jump one weekday and saturday preferably. I have four day's but 2 to jump so will be jumping when weather is good. I am hoping to jump with others but will do solo if I have to. I am wanting to get numbers as I am not one to be able to go on trips often so gotta make it count. I am assuming any of these places I will be ok on for a weekend day possibly. I am mostly concerned about weekday's. I may even chose to jump both day's on weekday if I think I can make more loads. Just pretend you are a broke skydiver coming from north dakota who wants to get 20 jumps in two day's. Where would you go to accomplish this. Really dig the sebastian secenry but if I can only make a few loads then will pass on it.

;)
so damn cold here for the past two weeks... unreal :):):)

.2 cents for Titusville - it is a tandem mill, BUT they are upfront about it and friendly to jumpers. I was treated very fair there and got 18K load out of it recently :)...
If you are limited on time though, probably good to scratch off unless you want to jump 18 K very badly :) (they do 2 - 3 loads on the weekend day)
Less Bitching / More Jumping..... Please?

;)
I was treated very fair there and got 18K load out of it recently :)...
)

sweet so they always carry o2 onboard huh?;):P:P:P
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

You dont say what time of year you are planning to visit FL.
ZHills is plenty active during winter season thru Easter Boogie....lots of people to jump with during weekdays.

Summertime, ZHills is closed Tues and Wed.

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

oh yea sorry guy's. I will be there feb 9-14th. What is sebastian like during the week. Are they turning loads there or would zhills or deland be a better place.

If those are your dates, skip central Florida and hit the PR boogie that's going on then: http://www.xtremedivers.com/boogie.shtml

You'll get a crapload of jumps in and some great partying.

definitely DeLand is my fave. I actually live in Titusville, but like someone else already said, it's a tandem place. I go to DeLand all the time. Even prior to starting to jump.
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

Z Hills is probably more active during the week, Sebastian can be little slow. But on weekends, Sebastian is busy, and awesome scenery over the coast and inland waterway. You can see all the way to Cape Canaveral and beyond.
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

dont even think about titusville, or lake wales for that matter. tandems are their ONLY priority. but they have a very fast king air, no oxygen needed to 18k.

sebastian is a real good time, lots of good people, the weekends are busy, but weekdays not so much.

if you just want to get as many jumps as possible go to zhills. last week i was there and at 4pm they were on load 55! not to mention load 17 on the heli. they have 4 otters, usually running 3 back to back.

i also jump in clewiston, thats a real fun dz, but only 1 otter and 1 cessna, so dont expect to pound out some jumps
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

Go to Deland tomorrow (this weekend, e.g. Saturday). Ask for Martin Sutton. He is organizing jumps for low timers/bigway kind of stuff. Dirt dive is at 9 AM. That is, of course, if your profile is not correct and you are actually off of student status.

Edit to add: oops. Today's not Friday.:$

Hope im wrong here but its sposed to storm in deland all day saturday and ran sunday last i heard. Just ha heads up
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.