motomike

relative wind and exit

It's only a "flipping" exit if you're in control of it, and the standard way that people demonstrate control is by being able to fly consistently belly to the wind. Once you've demonstrated the ability to control yourself consistently in freefall, you're welcome to exit any way you want to.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If the object of the jump was to stay facing into the relative wind then it sounds as if you almost nailed the exit. Did you ask your instructor why it was important? "flipping exits" what are you riding dolphins, did you bring your swimtrunks and your flippy floppies? I can hear the music in my head, can anyone else?

Ya Wendy pretty much nailed it. Idk bout the whole dolphin thing but ya. Haha. I'm guessing the point is to demonstrate that you are in complete control without any unwanted movements. I agree there are definatley much more fun ways of exiting but once you get your poised exit down that all will come later

oh dude DUde DUDE BRO DUDE. omg DUDE! ummmmm. i forgot....

Dudeist Skydiver #61

I would rather do flipping exits anyway

Flipping exits may be fun solo, but if you want to play with others, you are going to want to fly a stable exit so that you stay close. That way we don't spend 1/2 the freefall trying to correct for a lousy exit.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Was a diving exit...

One use of the diving exit is to join a group that has already left the plane. In that case, heading control will greatly impact how quickly and efficiently you can locate the group and move to join them.

My guess would be that the instructor just wanted to give you an accurate assessment of the jump for you to build from. Don't look at logs as report cards. They are more for your use, and initially for your instructors to help steepen your learning curve.

As an instructor, if the 15 degree rotation on the dive is the worst thing logged, I know you had a truly exceptional dive.

Don't be so hard on yourself and congrats on a nice dive.
"... this ain't a Nerf world."