IWannaSkydive

Weight Restrictions?

I've started a diet as of today and hopefully I can shed off the necessary weight needed to jump! ;)

...and therein lies your solution...for numerous reasons.

Oh pipe down you skinny old fart.:ph34r:

To the not so big OP;)

You may want to do a search for posts by atsaubrey and anvil.

Oh heck heres a quick search.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=anvil&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=atsaubrey&sb=score&mh=25

I have jumped a few times with Aubrey.... now HE is a big boy;) but I still caught him.:)
Then again there are not many people I could not catch in freefall:)

Skydive Gananoque (Weight limit 220 pounds)
258 Airport Road - P.O. Box 147
Gananoque, Ontario, Ontario K7G 2T7
Canada

613-382-5114
613-382-5114 (fax)
[email protected]
http://www.skydivegan.com

Skydive Gan will take people over 220

The 220 mark is kind of a "pretty much anyone up to..", above that it's instructor and DZO's discretion. Best thing to do is contact Tom McCarthy DZO and talk to him directly. Phone 613-382-5114, email [email protected]. This time of year it'll probably be voice mail because he's closed for the season opening again first of April, but he'll be checking msgs.

For tandems they use a U-206 (cargo door) which makes it easier for exit, long weekends there is usually an Otter there.

Besides all that it's a pretty dz, 1000 Islands, & Rideau Canal for backdrop...

Fuzzy
Ambition / Ability: Know the difference.

Hi Amazon,

Then again there are not many people I could not catch in freefall

Have you ever tried to catch Ralph Hatley? I have; when you do that, then you can make that statement. :P

JerryBaumchen

PS) I did NOT catch him on the first try. :S

Every time I have gone to Estacada he was not jumping.. I think he is a big wussie and wont jump with me.;)

Trustme.. I can accelerate my fat ass just as fast as I need to go to catch anyone:ph34r::ph34r:

Hey guys,

I'm new to skydiving, however I have always wanted to do it. I've been looking into getting certified here in Canada, and it doesn't seem too expensive, I think I can afford it.

i do have some concerns however. I am not a small guy, I'm 6'3 and I weigh 230lbs. I'm not extremely physically fit, however I can hold my own. Just curious if weight will be an issue? one of the local DZ's in my area has a weight limit of 220lbs for their students, so I'm not eligible there...

I don't understand the weight issues really because you see people doing tandem jumps and they easily weigh 150lbs, and then you see an instructor who weighs 180lbs all together that is well over 300 lbs...Could I not use the same chute they use? Like I've stated, I'm new to this and really don't know much about it.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this for me, thanks! :)

If I remember correctly there was a girl I once met who was not a small woman and she told me they had her under a tandem size canopy for her AFF. I don't know for sure if that was true or even if it's actually doable since that is way outside of my area of knowledge, but check into it just in case-- worst case scenario you are right back to square one wondering how you're going to get going.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)